Dance Dance Revolution, anyone do it?

Anyone here ever try do DDR (dance dance revolution) for a daily workout? I used to do it a lot in the past, but haven't touched my dance mat in years. For those wondering, DDR is a dancing game, where you follow arrows on screen on a dance mat. The developers haven't made a home version of this game in years, as they currently only release it in Japan in arcades.

It actually provides a pretty decent workout when gaining higher level difficulties. Great for young and old who want a simple workout, but also one that gives you great cardio. I wish they produced these for home use again, but sadly they haven't made one in years. :( I'm thinking I may bring my mat out soon and try to get back into it. :D

This is what it looks like in the arcades:

800px-DanceDanceRevolution_A_Machine.png

And this is one of the dance mats that you could buy in store back when it came out:
Dancing-Step-Dance-Mat-Pad-for-PC-TV-AV-Video-Game.jpg

If it helps you get a decent workout for around 30-60 minutes, I say go for it. Anything that helps you get your daily workout in is good in my book. Not sure if I'd be comfortable fumbling around playing this myself, haha! But, I suppose don't knock it, till you try it.

I'm kind of interested in trying that arcade version though, looks like it'd be fun doing a dance off against someone.

Everytime I go to archades, I want to try DDR but I'm shy to do it. I guess it serves as cardio since those who play it are dripping off sweats after playing. Nowadays archades also have another version of this I think. Instead of just stomping your feet, you will need your whole body's coordination because you will have to repeat the choreography on the screen.

Everytime I go to archades, I want to try DDR but I'm shy to do it. I guess it serves as cardio since those who play it are dripping off sweats after playing. Nowadays archades also have another version of this I think. Instead of just stomping your feet, you will need your whole body's coordination because you will have to repeat the choreography on the screen.
I think that's something like just dance. I've never played it, but hear it's a good workout.

But yeah, DDR is a cardio based workout. Wish we had an arcade here that had DDR, because I'd go and challenge people lol. Fun times.

Ye
I think that's something like just dance. I've never played it, but hear it's a good workout.

But yeah, DDR is a cardio based workout. Wish we had an arcade here that had DDR, because I'd go and challenge people lol. Fun times.
Ah that's just dance. I just forgot the name so I described it lol. I actually played DDR once after my elementary graduation. It looks easy but it isn't hahahahh.

Ye

Ah that's just dance. I just forgot the name so I described it lol. I actually played DDR once after my elementary graduation. It looks easy but it isn't hahahahh.
Yeah, it can be a challenge when you go up levels. I at first was stuck on the easy mode for a while, then I gradually got better. A lot of the songs on there go by beats per minute as well, and those can be tough to do for sure. I'm thinking of finding an arcade machine for DDR from Japan, just so I can have a good dance mat lol. :)

Yeah, it can be a challenge when you go up levels. I at first was stuck on the easy mode for a while, then I gradually got better. A lot of the songs on there go by beats per minute as well, and those can be tough to do for sure. I'm thinking of finding an arcade machine for DDR from Japan, just so I can have a good dance mat lol. :)
If only we're rich, we can just buy it.