Craving for food when idle and craving for food when busy

In one discussion, there was an advice to keep yourself busy to forget the craving for food. Maybe it works for some but not for me because when I am engrossed in my work in the office, I don’t feel the craving for food but I get dizzy. And that dizziness is a signal that I should eat otherwise something bad may happen. And when I am idle, the craving can be felt that I couldn’t control myself from eating. Oh well, pardon me for ranting and I know that the problem is my appetite. I am trying to find a better way to control my craving for food.

How long have you been doing OMAD for now? I did feel a bit like that for the first couple of weeks, but then settled into a groove with it. I don't notice the feelings of hunger or dizziness at all now, as long as my one meal a day is balanced. I hope the dizziness settles down for you, it's definitely hard if you have to deal with that.

For me, I felt a lot more dizziness when I was eating regularly and suddenly stopped. It was probably because of something related to sugar levels and how my body was used to the constant influx of food. Ironically, now that I'm just eating once a day I never feel dizzy anymore when I don't eat. I think it's just a matter of getting your body used to it and if you are feeling this regularly then maybe it's better to make the transition gradually.

Cravings can be felt at any time of the day regardless your doing something or not. But as part of your diet plan you need to overcome this event, there are lots of solutions and prevention available you the hardest part is choosing what's right method or solution.

It's true that keeping ourselves busy we tend to forgot hunger. But then the afterward effects of that habit will make us suffer. It's not really recommended.

Cravings kill our diet. Ones discipline plays a big role. In your situation, maybe you are just beginning your diet that is why you feel dizzyness. I suggest when you feel hungry and have some cravings, just drink water or fruit juices. It works for me before. I was on a diet years ago, and water and fruits really helped me.

It works for me to get myself busy and I forget about hungry or any food desires, but if you feel dizzy when you don't eat I think you need some vitamins, make a check up to your doctor before continuing this diet.

Whenever you have dizzy spells try drinking some strong coffee and it would go away. I too experienced this it could be a way our our body telling us that it needs food to generate energy.