Cooking unsavory food to kill appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may sound funny to you but I am thinking that when the food on the table is not delicious and not attractive to the taste buds then the appetite may not be stirred. In one other discussion, I had mentioned the nice foods that my husband was preparing that may be the main reason why I gained weight. What if the food served to me is against my taste buds? That would probably a deterrent to eat, right? Maybe I have to test my theory.

I haven't tried that but it's an interesting approach! I've heard of people covering their food in salt so that they don't overeat too...I don't know how healthy that is though!

I find that if I just make simple, healthy foods, I don't feel the urge to overeat like I would with junk food like pizza or french fries.

Ah, this method really works. I always done this unintentionally. I'm not a good cook but I really want to cook so I'm trying various dishes but it always coming up not really good. It can really dissipate appetite even for those whoare not in diet.

My mom deliberately cook foods that are not appealing for me like dish that are made with bitter gourd. It is really effective because I will not really eat because it really taste bad. It is so bitter even you put a scrambled egg on it.

This is very true and even if I didn't do it on purpose, it helped me a lot with losing weight. I actually don't like vegetables that much and that's the reason why I had a hard time when I started dieting or OMAD in general. However, my siblings and my parents really love to eat vegetables and so my mom and my sister frequently cooks vegetable dishes, and so I always lose appetite and only eat less. Thanks to that I lost a lot of weight.

This may sound funny to you but I am thinking that when the food on the table is not delicious and not attractive to the taste buds then the appetite may not be stirred. In one other discussion, I had mentioned the nice foods that my husband was preparing that may be the main reason why I gained weight. What if the food served to me is against my taste buds? That would probably a deterrent to eat, right? Maybe I have to test my theory.

Actually, this is not a good way to try and lose weight. Admittedly, awful tasting food does stop us from eating very much of it; but it is also going to set up an overwhelming desire to binge eat on foods that taste really good, whether they are healthy or not.
The great thing about the OMAD diet, is that once your insulin sensitivity goes down with the fasting, then you do not have constant hunger pangs, so you do not overeat foods when you do it.
This is a much better way to control your appetite than trying to eat foods that you don’t like exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.