Coffee

I am a coffee lover. My usual coffee intake is at least 3 cups per day. I had some experience about drinking coffee before, like I had palpitations and had upset stomach. I stopped my drinking coffee habit during my pregnancy,but after I gave birth I can't resist again. I was looking for some coffee replacement that is more healthier. Can anyone suggest? And another thing, can I just drink coffee when I start my OMAD diet?

I wana know the answer to this topic. I'm not a coffee lover but I having it atleast twice a month or if I really don't have choice and someone give me coffee you can.

I had not known about this until my grandfather started drinking it earlier this year, but you might want to look into chicory coffee. I’m yet to try it myself, but they say it tastes just like coffee but is made from the roasted roots of the chicory plant.

It’s not only a caffeine free substitute to coffee, but is said to actually have loads of benefits as well. Studies show that it can improve digestive health, lower blood sugar, and ease inflammation.

That being said, it might not be for everyone. People who should avoid chicory coffee include anyone who is allergic to ragweed or birch pollen, and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.

Coffe is good on OMAD, it helps with energy and alertness but like most things, it is best in moderation. If you want an alternate try green tea. (Cold or warm) but obviously sugar and milk free. You should be drinking lots of plain water and maybe to break your fast just before the meal and with your meal try Water with Salt, Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.. I also add a sugar-free flavoured supplement to it. It makes a nice flavoured drink to go with my meal.
I also find that 3 double espressos is my limit, more than that I can get palpations and maybe a bit Jittery.

I'm not a big fan of coffee, but if you love it because of its taste, I think it's quite different from any other so I guess the best thing for you is to just reduce your intake to 1 per day. Tea is an alternative if you're looking for the caffeine feeling; if you're just looking for a different beverage, then milk, hot chocolate, fruit juice are good alternatives.

Well I'm not a coffee person and I don't like it either so I go more with green tea which is a lot better for me than coffee.Green tea helps in weight loss and it act as antioxidants too.So maybe you could switch over to green tea.

Yes, you can drink coffee while you are doing OMAD, but you should not use sugar and for your own health you should limit to one cup of coffee a day.

I think that there is nothing wrong with coffee so long as you don't drink too much. It actually increases your metabolism. On OMAD i drink a cup of black coffee in the morning and that keeps me going for the rest of the day. I also think that if you are worried you can have decaffeinated coffee which will have the taste of coffee, but non of the benefits. I think coffee is bad when it is abused. They are some people who have 15 cups of coffee a day, now that is not healthy.

Green Tea and Ginger Tea are good and healthy alternative for coffee. Although it's not the same taste but it's still good diversion for coffee cravings. I also love coffee but i stay away from instant one's i like it brewed and natural.

I have seen some comments here that drinking in the mornings can actually be beneficial, although it's important not to put sugar in it. I am staying away from coffee because it keeps me up at night but I have tried some matcha drinks that have served as a substitute energy booster and those definitely work as I also couldn't sleep when I drank it. However, if it's the flavor you're after then I doubt there's a substitute so maybe just go for decaf instead.

A strong cup of instant coffee with some chilies is my favorite drink during OMAD. It wakes me up and makes me feel full. I drink around 3 normal cups total spread day and night and a cup or 2 with chilies when I wake up in the morning.

I am not a coffee drinker although I drink coffee occasionally particularly when I lacked sleep the night before or when I dine out with my sister. She would readily order coffee for me and her after the meal. But when going OMAD, I probably would not drink coffee unless I am falling asleep involuntarily. That happens when I sleep for less than 6 hours at night and coffee was my recourse. But when I’m hungry, my stomach would turn acidic with coffee.

Black coffee for OMAD is fine, and I drink it regularly, but if you’re experiencing health issues have you tried tea instead? Most teas tend to have less caffeine content than coffee. It might be worth looking into!

I think drinking coffee is okay but drinking too much is harmful. Remember that too much sometimes is dangerous. I'm not a coffee lover but we have a cocoa plantation so I happen to see a lot of coffee beans everyday.

I'm a coffee lover also, and used to drink too much coffee, specially during the working hours. But the doctor's said, this is the reason why vertigo become active, by drinking too much coffee, but instead of looking for some alternative for coffee, i'm just minimized my coffee.

I'm a coffee lover too, especially brewed black coffee with lesser than usual amount of sugar. I used to have palpitations or perceived nervousness some decades ago but I got over it because of so many articles that I've read regarding the health benefits of coffee. But I mix my coffee with VCO and some other food supplements.

Green tea is a good alternative. I'm a coffee drinker myself and the high caffeine intake is also my concern. However, I still crave for the taste of coffee so I just keep it a minimum or take decaf instead.

Tea is a great alternative, just add milk. And I don't think drinking just coffee when starting OMAD is good, Atleast drink some water. Drinking too much coffee can be bad for you.

I'm also a coffee lover and it's hard for me start the day without it. However, drinking way too much of it is bad for health despite of many good benefits that a coffee bean could offer. As an alternative, you could try tea or honey lemon water. For honey lemon water, use one cup of warm water and add a slice of lemon and one teaspoon of honey. It is best to drink this in the morning, thirty minutes before your meal. It could reduce your cravings for coffee plus it is good for digestion and skin.

I think drinking at least 3 cups a day is too much. You should not drink this much coffee. The caffeine in coffee is already more than you need and drinking more than one cup is definitely more than enough. My advice is to cut down your coffee intake and if possible stop drinking it. You can still have caffeine by drinking tea and there's a lot more benefits.