Coffee with cream during fasting on OMAD.

Ran into another issue.....I work nightshift and need coffee. We are supposed to have no calorie beverages between meals but I always take my coffee with cream (no sugar). It is very hard for me to drink it black. Will a little 1/2 and 1/2 screw uo my fasting......help

Have you tried black coffee over ice? It changes the flavor a little bit, you may be able to drink it without the cream like that.

It's never easy to dump an addiction like eating or drinking a certain beverage like coffee.i take coffee but without cream or sugar which I know is better.So you just have to try and be determined to achieve your goal. It can be tempting but set your mind to take coffee without any sweetener.

If your doing it and it doesn't affect your diet then I think it's okay for you to continue drinking coffee. I'm not a coffee person so I don't really know issues like this. I only drink tea and other beverages.

Sorry to tell you this, but yeah, just about any amount of cream and sugar that you put in there is going to screw up your fasting.

I made this point in another thread here, but I’ll bring it up here again. Studies have shown that so much as watching food being made and eaten can trigger an insulin response in people, which means your body begins to store fat instead of continually burning it. If just seeing food can do that, what do you think tasting sweetness can do? It’s not about the calories as much as it is about the hormones.

If you want to maximize your efforts, learn to take your coffee black. I drank extremely sweet coffee before, but I found that taking it black just took a bit of time to adjust to. Getting a better quality dark roast coffee can drastically help, as well.

Cream and sugar no matter how small is a no for you while in your fasting window in OMAD. The coffee should be taken without any supplements to make it sweet. If you can't take your coffee black without cream or sugar, it's better to choose another liquid to drink when you feel thirsty.

Doing Omad is all about making some little sacrifices. You should try to make adjustments and limit the cream that you add in the coffee. It may not be easy in the beginning, but it is definitely nice if you can adopt it.

Some OMAD's on line say they drink their coffee with cream and it doesn't affect their fasting.

The diet rule of fasting when on omad is that you avoid anything that would add sugar in your system when you are still in your fasting window. As much as you feel taking your coffee with cream doesn't affect your weight loss programs, it has definitely ruined your fasting.