Checking Your Weight Regularly

I don't have a weighing scale and I'm wondering if I should buy one. I went on the OMAD diet mostly to slim down and to adopt a healthier lifestyle that was practical and doable for the long term and I've seen people giving advice that weighing yourself each week was good practice. However, I'm not really too concerned with how much weight I lose in the short term as long as I lose weight or drop down a size eventually and I honestly don't feel like buying a scale, but if it's necessary then I will do it.

Do you guys weigh yourselves regularly? Do you think it is necessary or can I just keep eating once a day and hopefully eventually get the results I want regardless of whenever that happens for me without having to check my weight regularly?

When I started dieting, I just weighed myself once every 2 weeks because I was living in an apartment in the city alone and I didn't buy a weighing scale too. I would only get to weigh myself when I go visit my parents once every 2 weeks since they have a weighing scale. I think it's best to not be conscious so much about your weight every day, so probably once a week of weighing would be enough as long as you maintain a regular diet/exercise. I used the fit of my clothes and appearance in the mirror as sort of metrics when I don't weigh myself.

I used to check my weight everyday, I really maintained my weight for a years now. We have weighing scale in the office near the pantry. So every time after I eat my lunch, I always check my weight. It's become part of my routine every time I will go to the pantry.

Well,I do like every other week I try to be sure I'm not adding or reducing more than necessary. I love my weight now and I'm trying to maintain it and the only way I can find out is through weighing so I do like once a week or in two weeks.

Yeah, I check my weight daily after shower, we have a weighing scale inside the bathroom and everytime I finish taking a bath then I would weigh myself. For this June I've she's off 1/2 lb. I'm maintaining my weight right now although, losing 3-5 lbs more would be really great for my body. I'm 180lbs at 5'9" right now and I want to bring it down gradually to 175 lbs. A scale really helps alot in motivating me to shed off weight 2 years ago when I ballooned to 225 lbs.

When I started OMAD, I didn't weigh myself and I did not purchase any weighing scale because I didn't want to be conscious about my weight. For me, for as long as I am shedding my baby fats and I can see the results on the mirror, I am already contented.

I do have a weighing scale and I am using it every week to check my weight, I used to use it every day but I have limited myself to use it once a week.

I can't say that I regularly weigh myself, because I feel like it is an unreliable way to rate your progress. Your weight is going to fluctuate due to certain circumstances such as how much water you happen to retain that day, and even a pound up or down can impact how you feel about your progress.

Not to mention that if you do strength training, you actually might feel like you're progressing a lot slower since muscles weigh more than fat.

The only scale that I feel I need are my eyes, because to me it's all about the aesthetics and not so much the pounds.

I don't really weigh myself much at all - I try and go by other non scale indicators like how well my clothes are fitting and things like that. I do weigh myself about once a month just to check and make sure, especially in the early days of OMAD because I was curious about the weight I was dropping...but now I've leveled off a bit.

I do check my weight every week after I started OMAD. I used to borrow my neighbor's weighing scale to see how much fat did I lost.

Weighing yourself every now and then is really needed to be aware of your body mass if you are really following any diet or maintaining a body that you really like and be comfortable with. Personally, I weigh myself once a week or every two weeks and in that way I'll be able to see the difference or progress in something I would really like to achieve for my body. Like for example in the summer where everyone gets to be buff and fit. It's best that we are aware of our weight means we really care of about ourselves which is important.

I think regularly checking and recording your Weight, is a good source of motivation. What I do is to weight myself every morning and record it in a chart. Whenever I see a loss in weight then I get even more motivated to lose some more.

I check my weight loss weekly and my improvement really impress me.I will continue my diet till I reach my ideal body weight.

I think watching your weight is a good way to track your weight-loss progress and it can also help you maintain your weight and plan your diet and your meals accordingly. Based on your daily weight you can opt to add or reduce your food intake.

I think it is important to weight yourself and to measure your waist with a tape measure. It is important to know exactly where you are and where you need to be. It is important to monitor and evaluate yourself regularly. The best way to do this is through a scale. I also find that it motivates you and keeps you on track. It keeps you focused. Its also important to have a scale when you have lost all the weight to keep track so that you can see when you are gaining weight and keep yourself on track.

I think it is important to weight yourself and to measure your waist with a tape measure. It is important to know exactly where you are and where you need to be. It is important to monitor and evaluate yourself regularly. The best way to do this is through a scale. I also find that it motivates you and keeps you on track. It keeps you focused. Its also important to have a scale when you have lost all the weight to keep track so that you can see when you are gaining weight and keep yourself on track.

I would have to agree with you that for added motivation a measuring tape could do the trick. It's always motivates me to see some kind of progress and by making a chart which you would input your daily weight and inches then that would really be a good source of motivation.

I lost my sense of scale a few years back. But I definitely know how to control my weight especially with regard to dieting. The whole point of dieting is not to "die with a t" as Garfield joking said some years back in a nice cartoon, but more of practicing moderation. I mean, all good foods are great, like burgers and lechons and the like. But the thing is for us to eat just the right amount and not indulging into so much eating like there is no tomorrow. My girlfriend decades back used to say, "pig out" or eating to one's delight with no limit. That would be good if we were still young and moved around much, but in later years it may add to our health problems.

I checked my weight before starting my diet few weeks ago. Now I don't check my weight because I don't want to feel like I'm into dieting. I want to make myself feel that this is my lifestyle. That I am not into dieting and exercising to achieve weight loss only. I use my mirror to check the outcome of my healthier lifestyle.

I think much better to check our weight every week, specially if you doing some diet program, like this OMAD. We should know if there's development on our body and to know if our diet program is effective and if not, try another program.