Cheat days with Omad

I was just curious as to how many of you include a "Cheat Day" in your Omad Schedule. I see this topic brought up many times with the omad diet and was curious to your routine as well.

Official cheat days aren't what I thought they were. According to some successful OMAD people, a cheat day is when you go a little crazy with your meal- eating for 2 hours instead of one, or having a bunch of junk food during your OMAD, or eating fast food. I've read of some who decided a cheat day meant they could eat all day long, and they don't feel good afterwards, or find it hard to get back on the OMAD wagon. For me a cheat day was yesterday. I'd planned a hearty salad for my meal, but my friend wanted to go out to eat instead. Our meals were high in fat and embarrassingly high in calories, and low in nutrition- I decided to use that as a learning tool and plan better next time I eat out by eating my nutrient rich foods BEFORE I go OUT TO EAT, and then either eating a smaller normal meal or a salad and/or soup when I get to the restaurant...

Last edited:
I had 1 splurge day each week and ate whatever I wanted...Now that I'm in maintenance I dont have splurge days but I do have high carb days and only eat when I'm hungry.

Thanks. I think that's where I'm confused about the most. I thought about taking a cheat day but couldn't decide if I wanted to make it an "All" day thing or just make it a splurge omad meal for an extended eating window. I think I'm gonna have to really think about what is going to work best for me. Having an all day splurge might make it really hard for me to get on omad again the next day and may ruin my plan.

Thanks. I think that's where I'm confused about the most. I thought about taking a cheat day but couldn't decide if I wanted to make it an "All" day thing or just make it a splurge omad meal for an extended eating window. I think I'm gonna have to really think about what is going to work best for me. Having an all day splurge might make it really hard for me to get on omad again the next day and may ruin my plan.
I think cheat days are going to happen without my planning them, like my daughter's wedding this summer, I'm sure I'll have a few drinks and cake etc...I want to make OMAD a lifestyle and not something that I need to cheat on- however, I'll need to be open-minded that there will be times where life plans my day instead of me, and my eating window will be extended...but I haven't felt the need to 'cheat, ' though sometimes I eat more than other times...

I was just curious as to how many of you include a "Cheat Day" in your Omad Schedule. I see this topic brought up many times with the omad diet and was curious to your routine as well.
I just read of a successful OMAD lady who even writes things during the week of what she will eat on her cheat day so that she doesn't feel deprived- Every Sunday is her cheat day and she eats whatever she wants, especially things she'd been wanting all week, writing them down to be sure she has them on her cheat day. (I guess I just don't make myself wait- I just have it at my one meal per day, but to each their own...

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
I think cheat days are going to happen without my planning them, like my daughter's wedding this summer, I'm sure I'll have a few drinks and cake etc...I want to make OMAD a lifestyle and not something that I need to cheat on- however, I'll need to be open-minded that there will be times where life plans my day instead of me, and my eating window will be extended...but I haven't felt the need to 'cheat, ' though sometimes I eat more than other times...

This is an excellent point here. There are many times when your days will not go how you plan them, but keeping focused(for the long term) is what's most important. When I lost my weight I never used cheat days, but there were plenty of times I had to adjust my eating window because of unexpected events or circumstances. When I was at a social event and offered a small piece of food, did I always turn it down? No. But, I didn't do it very often and kept myself under control. I also never felt the need to have a cheat day because I felt I didn't have to. Do some people still have success doing omad even when using a cheat day? Sure they do. It's all about mindset, discipline, and structure. If you stay consistent with these, you will have long-term success

I am always honest with myself and I don’t want to have an illusion about OMAD. It is a very taxing diet but with good results. Right now, I have been skipping dinner and getting control of my craving little by little. Maybe next week or the week after, I would go full OMAD when I skip breakfast. My beacon light is the lunch when I can eat anything and any amount. However, what about when I go on vacation like at the end of this month we have a 3-day stay in the mountain resort. Will that be okay for a cheat day?

I think my cheat day is eating too much chocolate in my meal. I could at least five bars of chocolate. It cold be milk chocolates, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds. I will also be drinking some coke in my cheat days.

I don't really have a cheat day as in a specific day, what I do is to inculcate into my eating diet some food I will love to eat and eat within the eating period. I don't deprived myself much and I don't also try to thwart my efforts.

I don’t really do cheat days in the sense that I have days where I’ll eat more than one meal. If I’ve stuck to six days of OMAD, and then I decide to have a meal outside my regular schedule on the seventh day, I’m bound to have some bad stomach problems the next day. It’s just the way my system works.

Instead, I just eat foods I wouldn’t typically eat throughout the week. I try to eat healthy for the most part, so I probably wouldn’t eat a chocolate covered, peanut butter and bacon, doughnut sandwich…but I might on a cheat day.

Actually, no I wouldn’t eat that on a cheat day either, but you get the idea. It’s just a day for me to eat stuff I typically wouldn’t, like chocolate, ice cream, or potato chips.

I have cheat days and I find this helps my mindset when I'm doing OMAD. The reason regular low fat diets don't work in my opinion is that, its hard to eat low fat/boring food, day in day out without the end in sight. If you plan a cheat day, you can always get through temptation knowing that you will eat what you want at the weekends e.t.c. I have a full cheat day on Sunday, because I combine OMAD and slow carb, so on Sundays I have all the carbs that I want. I don't eat much because I'm never that hungry so I don't stuff my face. I still loose weight but I find my progress is slower. Its also harder to get back to OMAD on Mondays, but thats the price I have to pay.

I don't have a cheat day until now and I don't intend to have one because I don't want to ruin all I have done until now, I have worked hard to lose some ponds and to give up eating.

I used to plan my cheat days and I used to do them once every week but after a while of doing it this way I found out that I was not really enjoying my cheat day that much mostly due to the planning. I just found myself not being in the mood when the day arrived and was sort of just forcing myself to eat more for the sake of it, so I mostly just treat cheat days not as a day to splurge but mostly just to give myself some rest in the way of eating earlier and maybe being able to have two meals instead of just one, but I don't binge at all anymore.