Can someone tell me what they eat in a typical day on Omad?

Just trying to get a handle on what you eat in a day that has worked for you. I just need to follow something. And is it only omad or 3 meals - I am doing eating 10 to 6 and nothing is happening. Therefore, your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Omad is one meal a day. Eating from 10 to 6 sounds like intermittent fasting to me. With OMAD, choose an hour of time that works best for you to eat and then add a window of time around that where you can eat at that specific hour give or take. For instance, I like to eat at 7 pm so I've given myself between 5pm-9pm to eat my 1 meal while the target time I am for is 7 pm but as long as I eat my 1 meal during a 1-hour window of 5-9. I don't eat the entire four hours. This just allows you a bit more flexibility and you both train your body to only expect food during that time and you don't feel like you've failed if you miss that specific hour. Sometimes, I eat from 5:30-6:30 or 8-9 but I strive for 7-8.

Just eat a meal based on what you would normally cook/eat. You don't have to restrict yourself unless you want to, but as always some combination of protein, some veggies, fruits, and whole grains are encouraged. Are you plant-based, low carb, keto, paleo?

How long have you been following this way of eating? If you've been doing 3 meals try to go down to the one. You may have been eating too many calories having 3 meals. Try omad for a week and see if you notice a difference. As far as meal ideas... If you like salads, make a big bed of greens, add to it 6-8 ounces of protein, other veggies of your liking, some cheese, dressing, and a pita bread on the side. I've had a salad like that quite a few times my first month on omad. It's filling. Or like last night I had lasagna and italian bread with butter. One night, and I don't really recommend it, I ate a pint of ice cream for my omad. I felt awful the next day though. You can really eat whatever you like. Just try to keep it balanced most of the time so you can improve your health while you're losing weight.

I've been eating one meal a day for a few months and my general rule of thumb is just to eat within one plate a day that's not piled up too high. Initially I also experienced not feeling that much of a difference and I later found out it was because I was still eating a bit too much rice than I was supposed to so I cut down on that a bit and just ate the right amount and now although my progress is still slow because I can't give up carbohydrates completely I still am seeing a bit of it at least. I am aiming to further cut down on my sugar intake in the future but I'm doing it a bit gradually because whenever I drastically change my sugar intake I just end up feeling dizzy or too hungry during fasting.

I'm on the OMAD diet and I try to eat once a day.my eating window is between 2-4pm and I'm almost used to it now.I eat mostly food prepared by me so as to know the contents or ingredients in my meals.it good that OMAD allows us eat whatever we like but I try to eat more of protein,fiber, veggie and fruits and balanced diet generally.I try to have these food so as to still feel full for a long time and take me longer before I get to my next eating period.

I am going through a tough time now, pushing through to achieve my diet plans. At times I felt so tempted to eat foods that has high calories, but then I pulled my self out and woke up not to be drown to that feeling. I should have more courage to reach my inspired target to be back to my 7 years ago weight. That is why I stick to the low calorie food, in a day I only eat 6 banana saba & 3 hard boiled egg and cucumber, I drink black coffee to boost my metabolism since it only contains 5 calorie per cup.

Sometimes my mood determines what I would eat in the day but what I wouldn't miss out in my meal any day or anytime my fasting window is over are fruits. No matter what I have to eat, I'm definitely not going to miss out my fruits because they are very vital to my diet plan.

If your window time is from 10am to 6pm I suggest you eat something with rice. Because eating on that said time means you are eating on your working hours. So you need a lot of strength to sustain you on your work. And having rice is one of the source of that. And don't you worry if you eat too much because at the end of the day you will probably sweat and grind all of the food away in your body.

I can’t really say that I’ve been sticking to any sort of specific menu. I try out a single dietary routine for a while, but then I get bored of it and start looking for some change. There are definitely some base ingredients that are involved in the majority of my meals, though.

For one thing, chicken is a must for me. It’s the leanest and healthiest source of protein, so it’s the meat I predominantly use in my cooking. Fish is another really important element. I eat one can of tuna and one can of sardines every week, and I also often fry fish like European sprats and hake.

If I’m not on a keto diet, then oats, brown rice, and beans are other staples of my diet.

It seems like you might be doing intermittent fasting and the one way that you can adjust easily is to try a pattern I did while I was still fresh to OMAD. I had a dieting window where I only took food on five days OMAD and normal during the other two days of the week. It mainly enabled me to adjust a little bit at a time until finally I was well versed with the diet.

If your window time is from 10am to 6pm I suggest you eat something with rice. Because eating on that said time means you are eating on your working hours. So you need a lot of strength to sustain you on your work. And having rice is one of the source of that. And don't you worry if you eat too much because at the end of the day you will probably sweat and grind all of the food away in your body.

Yesterday, once it's time for my feeding, I ate small rice, potatoes fries, chicken and salad. I felt really heavy when I was done with the meal. At first, I never thought that I was going to finish the food but I surprised my own self.

I think that I'm going to adding that diet on my feeding routine on weekends mostly.

By the way as per this comment what are your thoughts guys about brown and white rice. There has always been a lot of debate about which one is healthier and better for the body amongst the two. I do not like to impose but I have encountered posts that talk of the numerous benefits associated with brown rice including more nutrients.

By the way as per this comment what are your thoughts guys about brown and white rice. There has always been a lot of debate about which one is healthier and better for the body amongst the two. I do not like to impose but I have encountered posts that talk of the numerous benefits associated with brown rice including more nutrients.

Everything depends on what or which kind of rice that it's readily available in your area of living. If it's brown rice, then you have to make do with what you have and if it's white rice, it's definitely what you are going to eat.

White rice is more common around here and for the fact that our federal government banned the importation of rice, makes it hard for us to have access to brown rice.

Sounds like 16 hours intermittent fasting. I think this is a really slow way to loose weight. It works but you have to give it time. This is simpler and easier to do. I would recommend that you do OMAD because it works faster and you get used to eating this way. I also combine OMAD with slow/low carb by Tim Ferris and I find that this works really well in terms of adequate calories and keeping me full. I eat high fat and moderate protein. Slowly increase your fasting window. Before you know it, you will be doing OMAD.

Everything depends on what or which kind of rice that it's readily available in your area of living. If it's brown rice, then you have to make do with what you have and if it's white rice, it's definitely what you are going to eat.

White rice is more common around here and for the fact that our federal government banned the importation of rice, makes it hard for us to have access to brown rice.
In my country as well the white rice is the most common. It is also due to the various bans that have been put by the government due to the fact that the importation of rice leads to uncontrolled supply where there are even cases of poisonous rice being sold in the country.

What is necessary is for you to find balance in what you eat. There are days when I take just rice and green vegetables and I am okay for the day while there are times that I eat more of fruits with little starchy food. Doing Omad means trying to find a balance in everything.

I do Omad for a year now. At first, it is also very hard for me to adjust my eating window. I normal it in the morning. A very light meal of vegetable salad. Then the last meal is a normal meal without rice at 5-6 in the evening. I did this schedule for how many months and I can't see a normal result. So change my eating again to 3-4pm. I still have something to eat in the morning because for me breakfast is very important meal. But I only had salads or fruits and a cup of tea. It works perfectly fine for me. I lost pounds real quick. And I followed that until now.

I do Omad for a year now. At first, it is also very hard for me to adjust my eating window. I normal it in the morning. A very light meal of vegetable salad. Then the last meal is a normal meal without rice at 5-6 in the evening. I did this schedule for how many months and I can't see a normal result. So change my eating again to 3-4pm. I still have something to eat in the morning because for me breakfast is very important meal. But I only had salads or fruits and a cup of tea. It works perfectly fine for me. I lost pounds real quick. And I followed that until now.

If you are having more than one meal a day, then that is Intermittent Fasting and not OMAD, because only one meal and no snacks are what we do with OMAD. Many people have great results with intermittent fasting, and having one meal and a later snack, or even two meals per day, so it just depends what works best for each person.
I do some combination of those two. Most days, I try for the one meal a day, but there are days when I am hungrier more often than other days, so when I have that happen, I will have an apple in the evening, or something similar, because raw fruit digests fast and does not sit in your stomach overnight like heavier foods do.

If you are having more than one meal a day, then that is Intermittent Fasting and not OMAD, because only one meal and no snacks are what we do with OMAD. Many people have great results with intermittent fasting, and having one meal and a later snack, or even two meals per day, so it just depends what works best for each person.
I do some combination of those two. Most days, I try for the one meal a day, but there are days when I am hungrier more often than other days, so when I have that happen, I will have an apple in the evening, or something similar, because raw fruit digests fast and does not sit in your stomach overnight like heavier foods do.
Thanks for the enlightenment. I really got confuse about those two kinds or other kinds of diet. I'm not really fond of reading. Sorry for that. I based my kind of diet based on what I think is good for me. People varies anyway.

im just eating vegetables
with some protein
like cheese or peanut butter
coffee if im hungry
with cream as i have to
have something to get
thru the hunger periods
and cant tolerate black coffee
and i still love the OMAD life
been since sept 9