Calories on OMAD?

Hi everyone! I am starting OMAD today. I want to lose anothey 30 pounds.

Do I still eat at caloric deficit? Maintenance? Slight surplus? Major surplus? Thanks!

The article posted by the admin was very helpful and I had the No answer in my head.I don't think we still need the counting of calories with OMAD to avoid deficit of healthy nutrients in the body. I think eating to satisfaction should be encourage during OMAD albeit balanced diet.

I know that the article talks about how counting calories isn't necessary on OMAD, but I just wanted to throw in my personal experience for consideration.

My dietary world was flipped upside down when I learned about the concept of caloric deficits a couple of years back. The simple fact is, you lose weight when you burn more calories than you consume. A pound of fat is equal to about 3,500 calories, and the average adult male burns about 2,000 calories a day without exercise. These means to lose a pound a week, one should consume a total of 1,500 calories or less in order to have a 500 calorie daily deficit.

This is the logic I followed, and I began to track the calories of every meal I prepared. I kept my diet to around 1,500 calories, with a bonus 250 calories burned through exercise. Using this method, I started losing about a kilo a week, but it was hard to tell since I was putting on muscle at the time as well. All I knew was that the fat began to burn when I started watching my caloric intake, and that's all I needed to see.

I think it depends on you. The article is helpful and its suggestion probably work. When you eat this way you don't feel like you are on a diet and you can pretty much eat however much you want to eat.The logic is that because you eat only once a day you will not be able, to eat that much food and will probably eat less then 2000-2500 calories which should ensure your weight loss. I eat low carb,I don't really count my calories. Once I have lost enough weight and start to maintain I will change to this way of eating.

I agree with the article and not overthinking things has helped me stay on this diet for a long time since I don't feel too restricted so it helps with preventing cravings. However, I have also heard that if you want to speed up the process or become more efficient then a caloric deficit could also be beneficial, although even the one who has said that has also advised not to overthink things too much. Basically, just eat one plate total and don't over indulge on bad food but if you want to become more efficient, according to the video I watched, you can also start eating healthier meals for your one meal per day and that should supposedly help you lose weight faster or at least more efficiently.

I do agree with the article, you dont need to count calories anymore, you just have to follow strictly these 4 rules:
1 Meal
1 Plate
1 Drink
1 Hour