Calories and eating one meal a day - intake?

Are we supposed to eat highly caloric meals on OMAD? Is there a beneift? I am seeing everyone's answered here and that seems like a lot of cal to me. I just eat normal sized meals prob 1100 cal. They are lchf meals. I don't feel like I could eat more than that in one sitting. I think omad is about not worrying about your calorie count. That's one of the benefits of the diet.

You eat what works best for you. Everyone's body and goals are different. There are no set rules and no one size fits all. Just make sure to follow the 4 ones rule. The Omad diet book is a good book to read if you need help.
https://omaddiet.com/downloads/omaddietguide/
I agree because I have read several comments in other discussions that in OMAD you can eat whatever you want and even the amount of food doesn’t matter because that will definitely be burned by the fasting that you will undergo. Perhaps we don’t even need to count calories anymore with OMAD unless the admin here would advice us of the contrary.

I try to limit mine to 1200 calories per day .I got this numbers from a diet site and I have been following it strictly. I try to count my calories per diet and be sure it doesn't exceed my maximum. I eat almost everything but in moderation.

The right amount of calories one needs to consume on daily basis is directly dependent on what the body requires. If you lack sufficient amount of calories, then it's paramount to consume bigger quality and vice versa. The real task is figuring the right quantity that your body needs every day.

I don't really count my calories and instead I just keep my limit to just using the one plate rule, although after doing this for a few months I admit I feel like I do need to start paying a bit more attention to the calorie counts and the type of food I'm putting on the plate just so I can progress at a faster rate. Doing it in the more relaxed way has worked but I do want to make my routine a lot more efficient and effective.

I don't count my calories, but I am sure is around 1000 because I eat grill or boiled meat and salads, a coffee in the morning and for the rest of the day I drink water with lemon juice.

I just go by what I feel. On some days it could be as low as 600 Cal's and on others as high as 1800. I limit my eating to one hour and see how much I feel like eating in that one hour. I thinking mixing it up a little keeps your body guessing and is more akin to the Jason Fung style of fasting.

It is up to you on which limit you will put for your intake of calories. I suggest that you should start with an average intake of calories while your body is still adjusting with your new diet. Then gradually increase your intake by weeks or months, on that way, your body could cope up with the changes that you have made. For now, I am trying to limit myself to 700 calories a day, and I guess it is working out. With enough dedication and inspiration, you can really achieve what you really want.

I just go by what I feel. On some days it could be as low as 600 Cal's and on others as high as 1800. I limit my eating to one hour and see how much I feel like eating in that one hour. I thinking mixing it up a little keeps your body guessing and is more akin to the Jason Fung style of fasting.

That is what I do also, @nzmegs . From what I have read, it is good not to have a consistent routine that your body comes to expect each day. Some days, I may only have a large salad, and other days, it might be meat and veggies. Occasionally, we go out for lunch, and then I just enjoy whatever I feel like eating; so my body never knows what to expect from day to day.
Since I also eat the meal at different times of the day, depending on my schedule, my fasting hours will differ each day as well. Overall, it is consistent, even though each day is different.