Brown sugar is better than white sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I was a child, I have been consuming white sugar. Until I discover when I got married that brown sugar is better. As a married woman, I got concious a lot to what we eat and what I feed to my husband and child. So I research about our daily food consumption and that was when I find out that I should replace our white sugar with brown sugar. As I have remembered, white sugar goes through a lot of processing than brown sugar. And thus through the processing stage some minerals/nutrients that are supposed to have in sugars were being lessen.

This just base on what I remembered while seaeching the internet. Just correct me if I am wrong. And I am open to anyones opinions and suggestions.

Since I was a child, I have been consuming white sugar. Until I discover when I got married that brown sugar is better. As a married woman, I got concious a lot to what we eat and what I feed to my husband and child. So I research about our daily food consumption and that was when I find out that I should replace our white sugar with brown sugar. As I have remembered, white sugar goes through a lot of processing than brown sugar. And thus through the processing stage some minerals/nutrients that are supposed to have in sugars were being lessen.

This just base on what I remembered while seaeching the internet. Just correct me if I am wrong. And I am open to anyones opinions and suggestions.
Yes, you're right, brown sugar goes though a lot of preocessing and thus gets lots of chemical too; unlike brown sugar that retains its natural sugar cane taste and instead of chemicals would have more natural ingredients. I also buy brown sugar. But better than brown sugar is NO sugar at all. I mean almost all of our foods ahve enough sugar to it: rice, fruits, 3-1 coofee or juice mixtures,cakes, desserts, etc. Actually I have not been using sugar, white or brown fro decades now.

You are definitely correct white sugar isn't healthy for the body because it rises our insulin level therefore making us consume more calories and of course eating more calories means more body weight through fat deposits in our bodies.

Yeah, brown sugar is way healthier compared to white sugar, in fact there are a lot of alternatives to white sugar and almost everyone knows that white sugar can be really bad for your health.

Brown sugar is healthier than the heavily processed white sugar because it has calcium, potassium, magnesium and important B vitamins.

Thank you all for agreeing with me. I just also wanted to share to you guys if you don't want sugar, or if you see brown sugar is unhealthy too, you can substitute it to raw honey, or maple syrup, or dates, or coconut sugar. This is much healthier compared to white and brown sugar. Substituting white and brown sugar is better specially for those who are diabetic.

That is true brown sugar is healthier than white sugar, I have read this a long time ago. I am using both white and brown sugar.

I'm agree to this, brown suger is way more better than white sugar they don't put lot of chemical on it unlike the white sugar process. But in the market most of the people choosing the white one than the brown even that brown sugar is more cheaper than white one.

This is my grandmother told me also, the brown sugar is much more healthier than white. That's why she always choose the muscado sugar compare to white one.

There's a healthier sugar variant, it's called Coconut Sugar. It's got short chan fatty acids as well as antioxidants, as the name suggests it's made out of coconut and is considered as a low glycemic sweetener.

I already know that for a long time that is why we always used that kind of sugar rather than the white one. But i was already an adult when I got to know that. I thought that the brown sugar are less to be safe but the real is the other way around.

Apparently. It is.I think it is the process of how it is processed that is different. I'm not really sure that this is strictly true. I think this thought process is the same as those people who think that whole meal flour is healthier. If you look at the facts it is only marginally healthier then white flour. The same can be said with the difference given for white and brown rice.I just think that the best thing is that you should avoid sugar. Sugar in general is not good for you.

Apparently. It is.I think it is the process of how it is processed that is different. I'm not really sure that this is strictly true. I think this thought process is the same as those people who think that whole meal flour is healthier. If you look at the facts it is only marginally healthier then white flour. The same can be said with the difference given for white and brown rice.I just think that the best thing is that you should avoid sugar. Sugar in general is not good for you.
Thanks for the advice. But I am low on sugar, and I got some advices that I must take sweets. And it just crossed my mind to take brown sugar than white sugar. Also I eat chocolates. But I just eat enough, I don't over eat sweet foods just like your point that much sugar intake is not good. Thanks again for reminding me.

Thank you all for agreeing with me. I just also wanted to share to you guys if you don't want sugar, or if you see brown sugar is unhealthy too, you can substitute it to raw honey, or maple syrup, or dates, or coconut sugar. This is much healthier compared to white and brown sugar. Substituting white and brown sugar is better specially for those who are diabetic.

I definitely prefer trying to use natural sweeteners myself like raw honey, dates, or maple syrup like you mentioned. That's just my own personal preference though! If I have to choose between sugars though, I do prefer brown sugar myself.

I definitely prefer trying to use natural sweeteners myself like raw honey, dates, or maple syrup like you mentioned. That's just my own personal preference though! If I have to choose between sugars though, I do prefer brown sugar myself.
What I have been using is brown raw sugar. I have tried using honey in my coffee and tea but it cost more than brown sugar. I am on a tight budget now so I just switched to brown sugar instead of honey. But when I can afford, I prefer buying honey. It is also good for treatment of cough.

Yeah that's true, the cleaning and refining process is really what makes the sugar white but like you said this process also eliminates some nutrients on the sugar. Unprocessed sugar is not that clean also so it needs to remove some foreign material that's why i still choose sugar that are cleaned and mildly refined.

As a rule, I avoid anything with added sugar and refrain from high sugar natural foods like most fruit and fruit juices.
Sugar seems to be VERY addictive as well as very bad for you.
Saying that It was a friends birthday so to be polite and to be kind I ate a piece of cake... very nice but an exception.

Honey is a substitute of sugar that I have tried. Raw honey is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. It has iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and selenium. These are minerals found in honey. Vitamin B6, riboflavin, and thiamin are some of the vitamins honey provides.

If there's no honey, I use brown sugar. Between the two this is the least process. Only in small amounts. The foods we eat mostly has sugars. If I'm not mistaken the daily intake is 6-9 teaspoons.

I am for the wholesome option any day. I wonder why people love white sugar when there is another greater and better option. Brown sugar from my own experience is a bit sweeter only that you have to use more.

Brown is really healthier than the pure white one. But of course they are the same sugar and must not take them too much in our body.

Status
Not open for further replies.