Bread alternatives

Can anyone recommend some good alternatives to bread? I want to cut the bread out of my life, but don't know what to go for. I'm going to pick up some pita bread, but what are some other alternatives to bread I should consider?

I'm looking for low carb, low fat, and low calorie alternatives.

Pita bread is still basically bread dough, just cooked differently. You can try making a roti, which is similar to a pita bread, but is made with a vegetable in the dough. The ones I have made were made with sweet potato, cooked and mashed into some flour and a little baking powder and then cooked in a skillet instead of baked in the oven. They turned out somewhat similar to a tortilla.
If you want a low carb bread alternative, you might try making almond meal bread. There are a lot of different recipes on YouTube, some can be cooked like a flatbread (which is what I usually do), and some people either microwave them or bake it in the oven as a loaf, like regular bread.
Almond meal has a lot less carbs, and a lot of good protein, so it is an excellent choice for a bread substitute.

How about full-wheat bread? It may not taste that enticing but with egg or chicken on it, the sandwich could provide what we need in a meal.

Pita bread is still basically bread dough, just cooked differently. You can try making a roti, which is similar to a pita bread, but is made with a vegetable in the dough. The ones I have made were made with sweet potato, cooked and mashed into some flour and a little baking powder and then cooked in a skillet instead of baked in the oven. They turned out somewhat similar to a tortilla.
If you want a low carb bread alternative, you might try making almond meal bread. There are a lot of different recipes on YouTube, some can be cooked like a flatbread (which is what I usually do), and some people either microwave them or bake it in the oven as a loaf, like regular bread.
Almond meal has a lot less carbs, and a lot of good protein, so it is an excellent choice for a bread substitute.
Hmm, never heard of roti, but I may check into trying that.

That all sounds quit good. I'm going to look more into it. Thanks!

How about full-wheat bread? It may not taste that enticing but with egg or chicken on it, the sandwich could provide what we need in a meal.

I believe I used to eat full wheat bread. May look into that as well. But this roti stuff sounds quite appealing to me.

wow I love this topic. I thought I was the only one strrugling to cut bread. I've red the comments I think I'll try the wheat bread because I don't want to cook or make my own in contrast with the first comment but it sounds delicious.