Black tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years, studies have been focused on the benefits of green tea and it's benefits. Recently, there are studies about the less common black tea. Black tea is a type of tea that is more oxidized than other teas such as green tea and oolong tea. It has stronger flavors compared to the other kinds. Some of the benefits of black tea are the antioxidants, stress-reliever, boost metabolism and healthy digestive system. They almost have the same benefits as green tea. What do you prefer to drink?

For years, studies have been focused on the benefits of green tea and it's benefits. Recently, there are studies about the less common black tea. Black tea is a type of tea that is more oxidized than other teas such as green tea and oolong tea. It has stronger flavors compared to the other kinds. Some of the benefits of black tea are the antioxidants, stress-reliever, boost metabolism and healthy digestive system. They almost have the same benefits as green tea. What do you prefer to drink?
I have never tasted black tea. If it has the benefits you list then it id very good for me. Thank you for writing about it. How do you make it or where can you get it?

Never tasted or take that black tea ever in my life. Never know if it is really safe. But maybe tasting it a little bit will never be baad for us. Is there a benefits that can help us on our diet? Need to follow you on your research about this one.

I never had a black tea before but I heard that it has something special that no other tea had. Since you mentioned it, I'm quite curious how it tastes like. I'm not used on drinking tea that's why I still have some hard time drinking one. Is black tea could also be similar to a coffee that is decafeinated? Something that no sugar was mixed into? Just wondering tho.

I have taken coffee as it is one of the ways that I keep active on a daily basis to meet up with my work. It is never easy for those that take tea as it always make me feel dull after taking it as well.

I never heard black tea. What I knew are green tea and the regular one. I love green tea as it is good for weight loss also and other beneficial in pur body. But if Black tea has same good benefits to our body,I would love to try this one also for a change.

I have taken coffee as it is one of the ways that I keep active on a daily basis to meet up with my work. It is never easy for those that take tea as it always make me feel dull after taking it as well.
Same here. Coffee is something that I would never forget to drink every morning. Coffee complete my day.

Same here. Coffee is something that I would never forget to drink every morning. Coffee complete my day.

This is nice to hear. I mean that taking of coffee is something essential, but do not always forget that adding of things such as milk and a little sugar is not a bad way of doing it as well.

This is nice to hear. I mean that taking of coffee is something essential, but do not always forget that adding of things such as milk and a little sugar is not a bad way of doing it as well.

Yeah I always add sugar and creamer on it. I love to mix it with powdered milk sometimes. I dont know I really like coffee every morning. I tried to escape and take green tea but still I go back to coffee that where I used to drink since I was young.

Yeah I always add sugar and creamer on it. I love to mix it with powdered milk sometimes. I dont know I really like coffee every morning. I tried to escape and take green tea but still I go back to coffee that where I used to drink since I was young.

As long as you take it with milk and sugar, I believe that you are good to go. This type of drink will always make you to remain agile and vibrant all through the day.

As long as you take it with milk and sugar, I believe that you are good to go. This type of drink will always make you to remain agile and vibrant all through the day.

If you are fasting, then coffee or tea that has milk and sugar in it will break your fast because it adds sugar calories and spikes your insulin levels. You should not be advising people to drink this kind of a beverage throughout the day when they are fasting, but only have drinks with milk and sugar during the time that they are eating their one meal for the day, @Henrywrites .
During the rest of the day, black coffee or tea is fine, and of you are doing a keto diet, then adding a little bit of heavy cream occasionally would be fine and not break your fast, but definitely not milk and sugar, which has a lot more carbohydrates.

Honestly I'm a fan of most teas - black, green, white, rooibos - I find that having a variety of different teas in our house at any one time is helpful for me if I do start feeling hungry, because they keep my appetite at bay! I think green tea has the most recognized benefits but I do think that other teas are beneficial too.

If you are fasting, then coffee or tea that has milk and sugar in it will break your fast because it adds sugar calories and spikes your insulin levels. You should not be advising people to drink this kind of a beverage throughout the day when they are fasting, but only have drinks with milk and sugar during the time that they are eating their one meal for the day, @Henrywrites .
During the rest of the day, black coffee or tea is fine, and of you are doing a keto diet, then adding a little bit of heavy cream occasionally would be fine and not break your fast, but definitely not milk and sugar, which has a lot more carbohydrates.

That is very well said. Adding sugar is one way of adding calories in our body. The more calories in our body the more chance the we might gain weight. Much better to drink green tea with a little bit of raw honey. This would help for good digestion and less calories.

That is very well said. Adding sugar is one way of adding calories in our body. The more calories in our body the more chance the we might gain weight. Much better to drink green tea with a little bit of raw honey. This would help for good digestion and less calories.

You have missed the whole point of my post, @mark86 !
Honey is also a sweetener, and it will spike insulin just as much as sugar does. If you don’t know this, then you need to read more about how and why the OMAD diet and intermittent fasting works.
The basic premise is to fast for most of the 24 hours, which means NO foods, and NO sugary sweeteners, whether it is sugar, honey, agave, molasses, or any other sweetener.
Please refrain from giving advice when you don’t know what you are talking about from now on because it will confuse the new people who are trying to folllow this eating plan and lose weight.

You have missed the whole point of my post, @mark86 !
Honey is also a sweetener, and it will spike insulin just as much as sugar does. If you don’t know this, then you need to read more about how and why the OMAD diet and intermittent fasting works.
The basic premise is to fast for most of the 24 hours, which means NO foods, and NO sugary sweeteners, whether it is sugar, honey, agave, molasses, or any other sweetener.
Please refrain from giving advice when you don’t know what you are talking about from now on because it will confuse the new people who are trying to folllow this eating plan and lose weight.

Yeah but I have read that raw honey is better than sugar because of its naturality. Proper amount of honey is good in our body. Refer to the link below.https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/honey-vs-sugar#benefits-of-honey

Yeah but I have read that raw honey is better than sugar because of its naturality. Proper amount of honey is good in our body. Refer to the link below.https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/honey-vs-sugar#benefits-of-honey

There is no dispute that honey is more nutritious than white sugar, @mark86 . However, that has absolutely NOTHING do do with it being allowed during a fast.
You are totally off-topic !
Please read the information that Jimmy posted on this website about what beverages are allowed during the fasting window. You will see that any kind of drink with a sweetener is NOT appropriate and will knock you out of the fast and give you an insulin spike.
Again, please learn what you are writing about before giving these inappropriate suggestions to people.
Sweetened beverages are only okay during the one meal , and not any other time.

I like the flavor of black teas such as Earl Grey tea, but I tend to avoid them due to their caffeine content. I have a caffeine sensitivity so I prefer to stay away from beverages which have more caffeine in them than the average cup of green tea. There’s no denying that they do have their benefits though.

That being said, there’s actually a tea that has higher concentrations of “the good stuff” than either black or green tea. It’s the lesser known beverage in the tea family: white tea. For white tea, the leaves are harvested much sooner than either green or black tea and are minimally processed (fun fact, all three types of tea come from the same tree, it just depends when you harvest the leaves). It’s not only the healthiest tea, but also the most flavorful in my opinion.

It’s just tad bit difficult to find depending on your region.

I never had a black tea before but I heard that it has something special that no other tea had. Since you mentioned it, I'm quite curious how it tastes like. I'm not used on drinking tea that's why I still have some hard time drinking one. Is black tea could also be similar to a coffee that is decafeinated? Something that no sugar was mixed into? Just wondering tho.

I wonder too. But I wouldn't be surprised if it actually contained unique vitamins. Each tea is different. Maybe Black Tea has some advantages compared to the famous Green Tea. We might not know unless we ask experts on it.
I prefer to drink green tea. I probably like the flavor more. It has a leafy and fragrant taste. Though, some find it mildly bitter. One of the more famous variants is milk tea. It's more flavorful since they've added milk to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black tea is actually more popular in our country than the green tea. I often drink it as an alternative to coffee and every time I have indigestion. I'm sure it will help to have a flat tummy. I am taking Biguerlai tea which is a laxative but if I want a less intense effect, I drink black tea. The brand that we use since I was young is Lipton tea. Or if I just wanted to drink something hot, I drink black tea.

I actually prefer green tea.I think black tea is overrated.I think black tea is what our parents and grandparents used to drink and they have indoctrinated us into drinking it, but there is nothing great about it. Personally that's why I changed to coffee it has more character, even decaffeinated coffee has more of a kick. If I have to have tea I prefer green tea. I enjoy the bitterness. I don't also like purple because it tastes like water. I don't see the fuss about black tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.