Black Coffee and Omad

I just tried black coffee for the first time (I'm not a coffee drinker, can't stand it) thought I'd give it a go... I don't know how you do it.. ten minutes later and I've still got the foul taste in my mouth. I can't even eat something to get rid of the taste lol.

I just tried black coffee for the first time (I'm not a coffee drinker, can't stand it) thought I'd give it a go... I don't know how you do it.. ten minutes later and I've still got the foul taste in my mouth. I can't even eat something to get rid of the taste lol.

I'm with you on that! lol

I went to a morning neighborhood party and had a couple cups of coffee to 'blend' in - though I ate nothing. My stomach was burning an hour later, and burned till my meal. ;(

I went to a morning neighborhood party and had a couple cups of coffee to 'blend' in - though I ate nothing. My stomach was burning an hour later, and burned till my meal. ;(

I don't know how people do it! Like you mentioned, being on omad seemed to make it much worse for me as well :)

I don't drink it all the time, but there are times when I have had some black coffee and it doesn't seem to bother me as much on omad.

I'm not really a coffee person but I still take coffee once in a week when I really need it. I know it can have a very blend taste but if we remember the goal that we are to achieved then we wouldn't mind the taste.l don't mind the taste at all.

There is no reason that a person HAS to drink coffee when they are on the OMAD program, or tea, or anything else that we do not enjoy. The whole idea of even discussing coffee or tea is just to be able to learn that we can have it if we want to; but we can’t sweeten it because the sugar ruins the fasting part of OMAD, and also because the sugar causes and insulin release, and that will make a person hungry. I don’t much like plain black coffee either, and I usually just have a cup of coffee in the morning, and I add a little sugar-free sweetener to it, and a dab of milk or cream. Since we usually go to the fitness center in the morning, anything that is in the coffee gets burned off when I exercise, and my body is still burning fat, like I want it to do.
Sometimes, what I drink is a cup of hot boullion or broth, when the weather is cold, and I want something hot to drink. The main thing there is not to have a lot of this because it has salt, but in small amounts, there is no problem with the salt either because when we drink our water, it will flush out the salt.

Drinking coffee has been a habit since I was a little kid. So I guess it tastes better for me than green tea. Though I seem to be the only coffee lover in here lol. I hope I won't get kick in the program (pun intended).

I don't know what happen to you but when I drink coffee when my eating window is at morning I don't find any problem with it. Maybe you are not used on drinking coffee at all. That is all the asnwer why you feel like that.

I cannot say how many meant benefits are misplaced as compared to drinking black coffe while doing OMAD, however as some distance weight loss goes, black coffee will still help you trim down for weight reduction. If your purpose goes beyond simply trimming down, play it safe and stick with water.

I'm not also used to drink black coffee. I can't take in the bitterness. I also experienced that moment where the taste got stucked in my tongue making me unable to taste other foods. I think it is like eating sweet foods and later on can't taste how sweet other foods are. But somehow, it could be a way to control my intake of food so that I won't crave eating food out of my meal window.

I think tea is probably the best substitute if you do not like the taste of coffee, as tea has a much milder taste and also probably a milder kick in terms of caffeine. I once found a good substitute in matcha as well although I'm not completely sure if it is as calorie free as tea and coffee, and probably my drink mix then definitely was not calorie free as well since it was a bit sweet. Tea probably is the safest choice and it's the one I'd go for, personally, since I'm very paranoid about breaking my fasting period unnecessarily.