Best workouts for obese people

Hi guys, so I'm in need of some help. I currently weigh 370lbs and am only 5'4", so I'm heavily over my weight limit. I heard of omad a few months ago and wasn't sure it was for me, but I need to change my habits now, otherwise I will be dead in my thirties.

I haven't worked out much in my life, so my body is not used to moving a lot. I know it's bad, but I'm willing to change. What would you say is a good workout for someone at this weight? I can't run for long or walk far, as my knees and feet hurt too much. Is there anything I can do that will give me a workout but won't hurt me too much?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

When I was heavier I found waking around my house helped. It's not much, but it can help. Another thing I recommend is swimming or other water workouts. This should help with you knees and feet, as it takes the brunt of things off of your feet and knees. I would start here so your body isn't going through too much at first.

I also rrecommend riding bikes. It may effect your knees a bit, but it's a solid workout and the impact isn't too bad in the knees. Swimming is a good option too.

Hi guys, so I'm in need of some help. I currently weigh 370lbs and am only 5'4", so I'm heavily over my weight limit. I heard of omad a few months ago and wasn't sure it was for me, but I need to change my habits now, otherwise I will be dead in my thirties.

I haven't worked out much in my life, so my body is not used to moving a lot. I know it's bad, but I'm willing to change. What would you say is a good workout for someone at this weight? I can't run for long or walk far, as my knees and feet hurt too much. Is there anything I can do that will give me a workout but won't hurt me too much?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Lana- for right now, don't worry about exercise. Make your goal to start walking once you lose the first 50 pounds. You'll feel so much better and you'll be motivated to start walking. Start with 10 minutes of walking one week then 15, gradually adding minutes and steps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tyler182 Best foods for OMAD while having gout General Discussion 2
Jimmy Swartz When Is The Best Time To Eat One Meal A Day? Omaddiet.com articles 3
caroveg Is there a best fasting omad app? General Discussion 3
Coco Sunshine Whats the best way of doing OMAD to achieve Weight loss General Discussion 6
Kakashi2020 Fried, Boiled, Grilled or Steamed Foods which one works best in OMAD? General Discussion 9
Kakashi2020 What's the Best kind of Coffee to Drink? Liquids 16
Kakashi2020 What's the best way to cook pork in OMAD Keto? General Discussion 5
Corzhens Swimming is best exercise Exercise & Training 38
Kakashi2020 What kind of meat works best in a keto OMAD diet? General Discussion 7
Kakashi2020 Omad Keto is the best General Discussion 11
Kakashi2020 Tofu is the best Meat Replacement General Discussion 27
Kakashi2020 What is the best liquid to take during exercise? Exercise & Training 13
M What are the best shake supplements that helped you lose weight? Supplements 10
Corzhens The best time to exercise for your schedule Exercise & Training 27
Kakashi2020 Best time to workout Exercise & Training 21
R Best Teas to Lose Weight and Belly Fat Liquids 9
Kakashi2020 Best Complete Workout - Running Exercise & Training 20
Amanda sellers Best appetite control for Omad? General Discussion 19
B Best time of the day to eat one meal? General Discussion 18
Penny M Best way to get back into Omad diet General Discussion 8
Terri Best Exercise Schedule Eating One Meal a Day (Omad) Exercise & Training 12
Stephanie Fredericks Best time to eat one meal per day? General Discussion 6
cindy ohio Best Whey Protein Powders General Discussion 1
Devin77 Easy or tough workouts, which do you prefer? Exercise & Training 2
O Winter workouts Exercise & Training 2
Devin77 Boot camp style workouts Exercise & Training 2
Devin77 Quick 15-30 minute workouts Exercise & Training 6
MegX28 Parkour style workouts Exercise & Training 2
Martinsx Where do you normally focus your workouts drill? Exercise & Training 131
S Morbidly Obese General Discussion 12