Best way to get back into Omad diet

Hi Everyone,

I had a rough holiday season and am looking to get back into doing the omad diet. I was wondering what would be the best approach to get back into it? Should I just do it cold turkey?

Hi Everyone,

I had a rough holiday season and am looking to get back into doing the omad diet. I was wondering what would be the best approach to get back into it? Should I just do it cold turkey?

I had a hiccup for a while too. I found the best way (at least for me) was just to go cold turkey back into it. If you don't think that will work, you could always try reducing your meals over a period of time.

I started OMAD cold turkey. However, I've read of others easing into it. One lady had 1 small protein for Breakfast, a juice or smoothie for lunch and then her OMAD dinner at night. Then gradually she realized she didn't need the tiny breakfast so quit having breakfast, then one day realized she didn't need the lunch anymore. And she still lost doing the lite breakfast and lunch till she was omad. One guy on youtube drank juice during the day to have time to adjust. That probably would prevent the lethargy that I experienced during the first week.

I started OMAD cold turkey. However, I've read of others easing into it. One lady had 1 small protein for Breakfast, a juice or smoothie for lunch and then her OMAD dinner at night. Then gradually she realized she didn't need the tiny breakfast so quit having breakfast, then one day realized she didn't need the lunch anymore. And she still lost doing the lite breakfast and lunch till she was omad. One guy on youtube drank juice during the day to have time to adjust. That probably would prevent the lethargy that I experienced during the first week.

Thanks Shelly. I'm starting cold turkey omad tommorow I've decided. I'm enjoying my last day of eating 3 meals today:) I believe I got off track last time because I never fully committed to omad and always felt like I was doing it halfway. I started to give myself cheat days and that turned into the worst thing I ever did.

Yeah, I don't understand the cheat days. I think I have to embrace this as a lifestyle. I read that a lady dated a man from Nigeria and asked him why he only ate 1 meal a day. He responded that in his country, the whole of Nigeria, that everyone ate only 1 meal a day. Needless to say, he was VERY slim. It's a lifestyle, not a diet to be cheated on. Each day I continue, I become more confident, more in control. I don't want to risk it with cheat days! Good Luck!

This is also my present concern because I am going full OMAD by next week. By the end of this month, we have a scheduled vacation trip for 2 nights in mountain resort. Maybe I can continue with my OMAD on the first day but on the second there would be an avalanche of food and our traditional lunch in a Chinese restaurant and the dinner in the steak house. But if ever, that would only be 1 cheat day for me. What can you say about that?

It should be a gradual process until you go full circle on it.I have always believe in making the body adapt to things gradually so try to gradually adapt and see what you can make of it.

From my personal experience, cold turkey is the way to go.

Between now and when I started doing OMAD, I’ve fallen off the wagon a couple of times. I have a big family who often have unexpected get-togethers, and I don’t want to be “that guy” at the dinner table—the one who won’t eat with the family because he’s doing some crazy diet. As a result, the temptation sometimes went on into the next day where I’d eat later on in the day even when I said I wouldn’t.

The best way to get back into it is just quit all your bargaining and (as the Nike slogan goes) just do it. It also helps to make a diet plan, as in organizing what you’ll eat it, how much of it, and when.

I've had days when I slipped and tried to gradually get back into OMAD but to be honest I think going in cold turkey is the best way to go since you end up getting back into routine as instantly as possible. What I've found to be difficult with the gradual approach is that I tend to get used to the two meals a day and don't feel much like rushing in since it's become comfortable even if I know that one meal a day is still the best way to go.