Best foods for OMAD while having gout

My father has gout and has been doing omad along with me recently. I was wondering if there are certain foods he can eat that is still safe for OMAD, but can also help with keeping gout flare ups down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure he cuts out most foods with high in purine, which is converted to uric acid. Stay away from food like organ meats, red meats, seafood, alcohol and beer. Those will often increase the chance of you getting gout. Fruits, veggies, nuts, eggs and more are good foods to eat to stop gout in its tracks.

Check this link out here for more details:

Also, he should be able to do OMAD as well.

I used OMAD to lose 60 lbs and I’m susceptible to gout. I did some research and I ended up contacting Dr Richard Johnson from the University of Colorado and he advised the real culprit is sugar. Purines are of course a bad thing but he insists it’s sugar and after 2 or so weeks of OMAD, any gouty symptoms should dissipate.

Just another thought,

Why Bananas Are Good For Gout Preventionbanana.jpg
Bananas are very high in several nutrients — potassium, vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, and pectin — that help to reduce uric acid levels and minimize inflammation:

• Potassium dissolves uric acid crystals, by raising the pH of blood. A higher blood pH helps keep uric acid in a liquid state so it can be eliminated in urine, instead of crystallizing in the joints and causing a gout attack. Eating one large banana per day provides approximately 1000 mg of potassium, enough to help maintain the desired blood pH.
  • Vitamin B6, also called pyridoxine, helps to reduce the tissue swelling, or inflammation, related to gout pain. Vitamin B6 also helps prevent kidney stones, so that the kidneys stay healthy and effective at eliminating uric acid.
  • Manganese, a trace mineral, plays a key role in reducing inflammation and gout pain, in digesting proteins, and in minimizing insulin resistance which has been linked to elevated uric acid levels.
  • Vitamin C intake has been shown to effectively reduce uric acid levels. Vitamin C also helps the body produce the collagen needed to rebuild joint tissues after a gout attack.
  • Pectin is a soluble fiber to keep the digestive system moving smoothly, so the body can absorb more nutrients from the foods eaten.