Best Complete Workout - Running

Running for me is the best complete body exercise a person can do on his own without any kind of equipment except running shoes lol.

It has a lot of health benefits and the easiest way to get a workout.

Running strengthens bones and helps develop muscles. It also helps in maintaining weight as well as in losing some. It's one of the best cardio exercises that helps develop endurance.

Definitely, You can do it anytime and it works out your entire body without the need for special equipment. It's also a great way to exercise with a group and you can do it indoors or outdoors.

The thing with running is that it is not going to be easy as it is tiring for anyone that is starting out new. When I began running, it was not always that easy as I couldn't run for 15 mins. However, everything changed as I continued doing it.

I agree. Running is a cardiovascular exercise like swimming and cycling. I also consider it as the best exercise because you can do it for free, without any equipment. You can also enjoy running and you won't feel like execising.

While I can't deny that running is a great cardio workout, I wouldn't necessarily call it the best "complete" workout. In my opinion, with regards to cardio, swimming is the best total body workout. When swimming, you're using all your limbs and even your core, which means you're working pretty much your whole body at once. On top of that, water adds resistance, so you're actually going to be building some muscle as well. There is a reason why swimmers are famous for being some of the fittest athletes at sporting events such as the Olympics.

Yes you are right. Not just complete but definitely the easiest and most accessible exercise for us.

It is the one that it is easier to access, but it doesn't mean that it is the easiest one. I think that you have to be strong with lots of stamina before you can run for more than 30 mins. It takes serious effort to achieve.

While I can't deny that running is a great cardio workout, I wouldn't necessarily call it the best "complete" workout. In my opinion, with regards to cardio, swimming is the best total body workout. When swimming, you're using all your limbs and even your core, which means you're working pretty much your whole body at once. On top of that, water adds resistance, so you're actually going to be building some muscle as well. There is a reason why swimmers are famous for being some of the fittest athletes at sporting events such as the Olympics.

While swimming can be said to be a great complete exercise I think that it is not everybody that can swim and this is the reason running is one of the easiest that anyone can access.

I believe that there are few activities that beat the calorie burn one can get with just running. A person can have a healthy heart and toned legs as well but I think that running only fulfills the cardio component of fitness and counts as weight-bearing activity that improves the health of our bones and some spine and leg muscles. We all know that other parts of the body has muscles too like on the arms, chest and our back part etc. that needs attention too and running cannot touch them compared to a strength training exercise. What I do personally is to run in the morning around our village and go home to do some more exercise routines.

I know most people like running. It is the recommended number one activity especially if you can get into it. The advantages are numerous most of which are that its is free. All you need is our working out gear which includes sneakers, working out top and bottom.I know also that it acts as a stress reliever for many people. I know thousands that swear by running. However I worry a lot about the impact on knees. All the running can't be that good for your joints.

You are right running works on all part of the body as a cardiovascular activity. It keeps one energy high and help one get balance and stamina. It is a activity for the body.

I jog three times a week and I agree with you that running is the best exercise for our body, it also gives me energy and a boost for the whole day.

Running is the most practical way of exercising, also i think it's the most cheapest :D. You can even do running in a static state when you don't have the time to go out. The basics is always the best and efficient...

I agree that running is the easiest workout to do because you practically don’t need anything unlike biking or even gym workout. However, running alone is not fun and actually boring when you are 10 minutes into it. What I really want with running is going with a group especially with people of my age. Unfortunately, running is not popular here anymore because of the dance exercise. It is more fun to the senior ladies.

Running is really is the cheapest and easiest exercise. Running helps me to improve my endurance most especially when I was still a varsity in our school. Now,I do running exercise to maintain my leg muscles. I have plans to hike with my friends next year so its better to be physically prepared.

Running is the most practical way of exercising, also i think it's the most cheapest :D. You can even do running in a static state when you don't have the time to go out. The basics is always the best and efficient...

That's correct that's one of the best things in running. Anyone can do it unless otherwise prohibited by the doctor and you can do it any time of the day. I normally do jogging but if I want to do it more intensely that's the time I run.

Yeah, I agree with you. I also just do running every morning and my body flexes are fine. It's like also going in the gym every day. Running has a lot of benefits in our body.

Actually I really want to go running in the park or sidewalks but the problem is, it's always raining here in our area so I have to stay at home and do some freelance job but I when do exercise I just lock my room and do zumba dancing and exercise. Running is also good since all your fats will burn out.

You're right, and I really love to do this. Running is a complete exercise I think. It will develop all the parts of your body and develop your cardio. I think this is better workouts than lifting heavy equipment in a gym.

I know all about the benefits of running. But I am not a runner. I was never a runner. I have 6 daughters. Out of the 6, only 1 is a runner. She is faithful. She really believes in it. It works for her. I'm a walker. :)