Been On OMAD A Week

Hello World, my name is Shawn and I am a food addict.
Started OMAD last week on Wednesday after binge watching some folks on you tube. I started at 328.8 lbs and This morning I weighed in at 319.3. First couple of days were rough I will admit. I am here for guidance and motivation to help keep me on track. I have been dieting on and off for the last 20+ years. Unfortunately each diet plan seemed to work awhile and then when I would get frustrated with it and inevitably end up even bigger than before. I will be 50 this month and my goal is to be down to 200 lbs by my next birthday. Thank you for allowing me in.

Hi Shawn and well done so far! You can do it Hun :)
Hey Shawn. My name is Berlin, and I am also a food addict. I am going to join you from Monday 11th, my birthday being this Friday the 8th. I am one of those who wants quick result, otherwise I will go back to my old eating habits. But this time around, I am going to do things differently. I no longer want instant gratification. My current size is 3xl, and my final goal is to be a 12 or 10 at the lowest. I am 5'11, and 357 lbs. My mini goals will be loosing 10 lbs monthly. I also gave myself until December to be at least half way to my final goal. With that being said, I came here for peers motivation, so instead of creating a new thread, since you started last week, I will be sharing my result here every Monday morning. I hope you don't mind. How have you been doing by the way?

Hey Shawn. My name is Berlin, and I am also a food addict. I am going to join you from Monday 11th, my birthday being this Friday the 8th. I am one of those who wants quick result, otherwise I will go back to my old eating habits. But this time around, I am going to do things differently. I no longer want instant gratification. My current size is 3xl, and my final goal is to be a 12 or 10 at the lowest. I am 5'11, and 357 lbs. My mini goals will be loosing 10 lbs monthly. I also gave myself until December to be at least half way to my final goal. With that being said, I came here for peers motivation, so instead of creating a new thread, since you started last week, I will be sharing my result here every Monday morning. I hope you don't mind. How have you been doing by the way?

Congrats on getting after it again.. I love not counting calories. just eat a balanced meal. we can do this.

I have been doing well.. It gets easier everyday. i will say this.. i have learned to keep myself busy, what ever you do do not sit on the chair and watch TV. Homemade unsweetened Green Tea has been a godsend for me. I drink it cold all day long. Today is the first day I will be having a late lunch instead of Dinner. see how that goes :)

Congrats on getting after it again.. I love not counting calories. just eat a balanced meal. we can do this.

I have been doing well.. It gets easier everyday. i will say this.. i have learned to keep myself busy, what ever you do do not sit on the chair and watch TV. Homemade unsweetened Green Tea has been a godsend for me. I drink it cold all day long. Today is the first day I will be having a late lunch instead of Dinner. see how that goes :)
Yes we can. You go Shawn!!!

I lost 11 lbs this week, I don't know understand how it is possible. I got on and off the scale so many times, just to make sure I wasn't seeing double. I have to say I was and still am on a parasite annihilation tea protocol. I also think it might be just water weight. Well, it is still 11 lbs down. Let's see how it goes this week.

I lost 11 lbs this week, I don't know understand how it is possible. I got on and off the scale so many times, just to make sure I wasn't seeing double. I have to say I was and still am on a parasite annihilation tea protocol. I also think it might be just water weight. Well, it is still 11 lbs down. Let's see how it goes this week.
Awesome, Keep it going.. are you finding it easy yet? I myself am going on a cruise in 2 weeks... oh boy the temptations will be everywhere

Yes it is easy now especially because I work and I get to eat at the end of my shift when I get home. In other words, it helps to be busy. Hence, yeah I totally get the temptations while on the cruise since you will be on the same spot. I have never been a regular eater, I eat because i see food, because I just finished cooking, because I am sad, for everything but hunger. Also, having tried other diets that are too restrictive for me, don't eat carbs, no fruits, or fruits only and veggies......are the reasons why I have been failing at dieting. The OMAD allows me to eat anything I want, even though I get to eat once a day. The eating once a day part actually helps me eating only when I am really hungry, not for the wrong reasons mentioned above. Another problem I used to have is sugar. I used to crave sugar all the time, I would eat cakes, crepes, all kind of deserts. Since I have been doing the parasites annihilation tea protocol, those cravings are all gone, along with mucus.
Shawn, how much more weight have you lost so far?

I will say well done with every inch of it,for being able to achieve that much it even isn't easy to see such changes in such short time I will urged you to continue with your routine and chose a time you're most hungry to eat so as to maintain the routine. Add more protein to your diet when you are eating and drink more water as well.Always encourage yourself and you will succeed in the long run.Good luck.

Hello to all,
the scale gave me different numbers this morning, I don't if it is a sign that the battery has to be changed. At first, I lost 10 lbs, then 6 lbs. I did lose at the end of the day, but I don't know how much. The scale kept giving me different numbers each time I tried.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story with us. I have only been doing OMAD for a month and a week but I could tell that this is something that is doable for the long term which is what I think separates it from all other diets. Not only that but you could also don't have to control the type of food you eat as much which helps a lot with cravings so hopefully you will find it to be the same. I am looking forward to hearing more of your progress and I guess good luck to both of us and all of us here. I am sure we all can do it and thankfully we have a place where we can learn from and support each other.

Hi, just keep on continuing the good work. I'm also a food addict. Actually I love to cook and I really love to taste variant of foods. I was like 186 lbs before now my weight is only 140lbs. I've been in OMAD for 8 months now. Since I've achieve my desired weight and figure I'm merely focusing in maintaining it.