1/4 cup Celery -- Chopped
3/4 cup Tomato Juice
2 tablespoons Cilantro; Fresh -- Snipped
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
15 ounces Garbanzo Beans -- 1 Can
4 cups Tomatoes; Chopped -- 4 Medium
2 each Cloves Garlic -- Finely Chopped

* Meat should be beef boneless chuck, tip or round, cut into 1-inch
Coat beef with flour. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot. Cook and stir beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Remove beef with slotted spoon and drain. Cook and stir onion and bacon in same skillet until bacon is crisp. Stir in beef and remaining ingredients. heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this looks fantastic and I will have to have a go at it and put my own Irish stew recipe on for others to try out. The ingredients in this recipe make it sound lovely, so i shall have a go at this, maybe use our slow cooker.

Thank you Cindy for the wonderful recipes. I intend to adapt them to make them even easier. My Mom has a terrible diet and likes Beef. She should like this also and it would be so much better for her. I’m not much of a beef stew person myself, but I’ll enjoy it too.

I thought red meat was not good due to its cholesterol. Digesting the beef is also a hard task to the body. I thought white meat was the best. Fish, chicken, pigs provide such white meat.

I thought red meat was not good due to its cholesterol. Digesting the beef is also a hard task to the body. I thought white meat was the best. Fish, chicken, pigs provide such white meat.
There is no reason not to eat beef or other red meat, and cholesterol is something that our body HAS to have for us to survive. Our body actually makes most of the cholesterol that we need, so it really does not make a difference whether we are eating food with cholesterol in it or not. Our brain need cholesterol to function, and the lack of it is one of the main reasons for the Alzheimer’s epidemic that is happening in many countries now that have stopped eating as many food with cholesterol, and are taking anti-cholesterol drugs.

This is a recipe for beef stew; but if you prefer pork or chicken, you can simply adapt the recipe for whichever meat you enjoy eating.

Beef is not that costly here and this is the reason I always make beef stew thrice in week. This is not the recipe that I always use, but it seems that I will adjust and see how good it is going to taste.

Eating fine while doing Omad has helped me to lose some pounds while still looking as beautiful as always.

This looks very tasty. I'm not a meat lover but my mom does. I will give her this recipe of yours. Hoping she'll love it and make it for meal today. My mom loves cooking. This recipe looks easy to do but for me it's already complicated because I'm not born for cooking. Thanks for sharing your idea.

I like the receipe. I have never heard of unbleached flour?I also think that eating red meat is healthy for you. I use ground meat in my omelette and also use meat for burgers and meat balls. Interesting statistic there on Alzheimer's and meat. Definitely will be looking more into that. It's interesting that people in the olden days lived much longer and yet had one meal a day, which was mostly meat(they were hunters). I'll try out this receipe but may cut out some of the beans or substitute them for peas and egg plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.