Artificial Sweeteners During Fasting Period?

If I'm not mistaken, I think coffee is allowed during the fasting window, so I had some coffee this morning even if my meal time was not until 3pm. I was tempted to put in some artificial sweetener with it but decided against it because it's not too much of a sacrifice for me to just drink my coffee plain black and I also was worried about some things I've heard about artificial sweeteners.

I'm not sure if it's just a myth, but I heard that the body / brain might still register artificial sweeteners as actual sugar, so I'm posting here to make some clarifications about that.

I usually do drink some tea with artificial sweeteners at the end of my meal and don't think much of it since I'm okay with it as long as I take it within my meal time window, however, I was worried that it might ruin my fasting window.

Do you guys think artificial sweeteners are okay to use during the fasting window, or should I only use it during meal time?

No, No and double no. I think that the argument made by some people is that when you're fasting you are allowed to consume upto 50 calories. There is some sweetner that is said to be no calorie or one or two calories and some say its okay to consume.However some disagree because they say that the advantages of fasting are to stablize blood sugar and control hunger. They argue that sweeteners spike glucose levels and that we should stay far away from them.

Artificial Sweeteners are proven to have adverse effect on the body and I for one don't use it. Even Stevia which was banned for decades due to its bad side effects and then being remarketed as a healthy thing is really kind of stupid right? I only use natural sweeteners like honey and brown sugar.

No, No and double no. I think that the argument made by some people is that when you're fasting you are allowed to consume upto 50 calories. There is some sweetner that is said to be no calorie or one or two calories and some say its okay to consume.However some disagree because they say that the advantages of fasting are to stablize blood sugar and control hunger. They argue that sweeteners spike glucose levels and that we should stay far away from them.
You're right and I ultimately have decided against all flavor during fasting period and I think I will just deal with just drinking water instead because I figured the risk is not worth the temporary enjoyment anyway. I could just drink a flavored drink during my meal but until then drinking only water isn't really that much of a sacrifice.

Artificial sweeteners do have adverse effects on the body and as such one should consume them in moderation but for me I have dumped all flavoured and sweetened things during my fasting period, I go mostly with food without additional sweetener. If one can it better to avoid it during the fasting period and then take it during ones eating window it will be better that way.