Any Possibilities Of IF Healing Ulcers?

My niece has stomach ulcers and gastric infections. She has tried very many remedies without any success.
Emelia is now thinking of starting Intermittent fasting. She confided to me that she read online of people who had such problems and found relief with IF. What can you advice my niece?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO people lie a lot especially on the internet.

To be honest I do not believe that fasting is a remedy for ulcers though I've heard that it can make someone feel somewhat better or make things worse depending on a number of factors.

Thing though is, feeling better doesn't mean you are cured. That is why I would strongly advice that you ask your niece to consult a doctor first before she decides to try intermittent fasting. What worked for one person may not work for another depending on the type of ulcers she's suffering from.

I don't have any knowledge on whether intermittent fasting would heal stomach ulcer but all I can say is that it definitely does not cause any kind of ulcer.

Some people have the misguided conceptions that intermittent fasting causes stomach ulcer but all that's a lie. I will have to research more on whether intermittent fasting can be a remedy to stomach ulcer.

I think this may be something that is best left to professionals because it could turn out to cause more harm if not done properly. OMAD and intermittent fasting might be great but for those who have pre-existing conditions there may be a bit more risk especially if the method is not done correctly or more adaptable to the condition of the person. It may work, but she may need to be eased into it or may be helped by professional supervision so it's best to rely more on a doctor than just internet comments in this case, in my opinion.

I think this may be something that is best left to professionals because it could turn out to cause more harm if not done properly. OMAD and intermittent fasting might be great but for those who have pre-existing conditions there may be a bit more risk especially if the method is not done correctly or more adaptable to the condition of the person. It may work, but she may need to be eased into it or may be helped by professional supervision so it's best to rely more on a doctor than just internet comments in this case, in my opinion.

Exactly! From all I could find all through the night with research on whether intermittent fasting can help cure ulcer, every suggestion leads to getting one's physician help and trying moderated fasting with the advisement of doctors. So, let it not be like self medication, even though there are good benefits of IF, it's still wiser to seek the help of your doctor.

Exactly! From all I could find all through the night with research on whether intermittent fasting can help cure ulcer, every suggestion leads to getting one's physician help and trying moderated fasting with the advisement of doctors. So, let it not be like self medication, even though there are good benefits of IF, it's still wiser to seek the help of your doctor.
A doctor will surely solve this one out. I advice her to first consult with a physician. I had thought that I had found a disciple if the responses will be in the positive. Yet if a doctor says it is alright then the disciple will be there. If, however, he says it might not help then I will have to accept the results for my niece.

In my own opinion It's far better to keep away from intermittent fasting when you have a stomach ulcer. Due to the fact, fasting can also worsen the circumstance, which includes chest burn, burning sensation of stomach, sour belching, giddiness, headache and blood vomiting in intense conditions. So it's far better to avoid fasting when you have ulcer.

I think she needs to find out why she has the ulcers in the first place. I don't no anything about ulcers but the little I know is that they are caused by some type of access acid in your stomach. She needs to see a doctor about this and find out why she may have the ulcers and if OMAD will help. I personally don't think that it will. I also think that people with ulcers need to have small meals. It will be interesting to hear a professional opinion on this. I highly doubt that OMAD is the answer.