Almost 4 months of OMAD (Previous Newbie)

It has been awhile since I posted an update, but I am still out here OMADing. It is the best way of eating for me that I have ever found. I have reached my initial goal. I am down 23 pounds in 4 months. Here are some things I have learned.

1) OMADing on vacation is not fun. Just let go, be social and go with the flow. Unlike diets you will actually look forward (crazy, right?) to getting back to OMAD when you get back. I have been on a 5 night business trip and a 4 night trip to the beach and "gained" a couple of 3 pounds each time. After about 2 weeks I was back where I started before the trips.
2) Exercise is enjoyable again. I can't explain this, it just is. I look forward to it now. I ran a Memorial Day 5k in less than 30 minutes with only 2 months of training, which I thought was pretty good for a 60 year old man. With warmer weather I have recently taken up swimming laps at the neighborhood pool. Something I have never done with any success before.
3) I have had to buy more clothes! I had to retire a pair of my favorite pants yesterday and some shirts simply swallow me up. ( got into a 33 waist, but it was disco tight) :)
4) At least for me, it gets easier the longer you do it. I have learned that a truly clean fast is better (water/black coffee). After I reached goal I decided milk in my coffee would be ok. I can still get through the day when doing this be it is harder than not having it. It is way easier when I stay "clean".
5) I don't tire of the compliments or threats to having an intervention and take me to dunkin dounuts!
6) I am not sure I could have done this when I was 40 years old. Too many stresses in my life at that time and I weighed about 265 pounds and certainly needed it. People think it is will power, but I think it is simply (and almost immediately) feeling better that makes you continue.

Although I have reached my goal, I will continue to eat this way. I am more lenient during the weekend. I may lose more. The BMI is still in the overweight category. I will have to lose 8 more pounds to get to the "normal" category. We will see!

Good luck everyone!