4 hr feeding window question

My current feeding window is 10a-2p, today my 1 hr feed was 12-1. Does my feeding stay the same or do I now have a window of 12p-4p? Curiosity primarily since I like eating around 12 since that was the beginning of my 8 hour feed under 16/8 IF. I want to eventually only eat when I get hungry or feel the effects of not eating starting with the last time I ate as a base, tho I have heard we should be consistent in our feed times.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi pronomian. You want to try to stay as consistent as possible with your 4-hour eating window to maximize the fasting benefits. So if your current feeding is 10a-2p, you want to try to stay within those 4 hours as consistently as you can. Here is an article that might be helpful https://omaddiet.com/omad-eating-window/

Thank you for the information, @Jimmy because I have that wrong notion about the 4-hour which can be movable. Anyway, now that it is clear to me then maybe I will choose the same 4-hour window of @pronomian that is from 10 am to 2 pm because that looks comfortable with me when I am at work. I can take a snack break in the office at 10 am and take a late lunch at 1 pm when the canteen is not crowded anymore.

I try not to stray away from my feeding window as that makes it easier for me not only to allow my body to get used to a routine but also to be able to mentally keep notes of how long I am fasting. I do have to break the cycle once in a while though and whenever I do I just try as much as possible to gradually steer myself back to my normal eating window and I don't worry too much about the short term fasting period even if I have to cut it short in the meantime.

Personally, I experimented with feeding window and I realized I cope better eating exactly the same time daily so I stuck to it and my body has naturally adjusted to it.I mostly feel hungry from 1-4pm which is my eating window. So I believe the body can adjust better if we stick to eating the same time daily.

No matter what time your eating window is, you’re going to want to remain consistent with it in order to get the most benefits. You really don’t want to be fluctuating because that can be detrimental to your weight loss goals. If you like eating at 12:00 every day, then stick to eating at 12:00.

Pick a time that is both convenient and enjoyable for you. The whole idea behind the principal of fasting is to use up all the fuel that you’ve previously put in your body. If you’re breaking your fast sooner than you scheduled, then you’re going to spike your insulin which will slow down your rate of fat burning.

OMAD needs consistence. Try to retain your window as well as you can. Train your body to adjust to the window.

When choosing a window, it is better to evaluate the best time that suits you and stick to it.