10 minute exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it ok if I just do a ten minute exercise everyday? I'm on my ideal body weight. I want to maintain it and get tone. I read somewhere that if you want to maintain weight a ten minute exercise a day is a must. What do you think is the ideal routine for someone like me?

I am into a 3-minute exercise every morning just to maintain my weight even if I am still overweight. But I guess the stretching, bending, using the dumbbell and the hand grip exerciser should be for a longer time. Maybe 10 minutes a day would be fine but it’s just not very possible for now since my work schedule in the office is very early. For me, maintaining the weight is more of the diet than exercise. When I eat more, expect my weight to increase regardless of the exercise that I do.

Honestly, I feel like any amount of exercise you can do every day is great. My recommendation would be to start with 10 minute exercises every day, and as you get used to them, start upping the intensity of them. Start doing different more difficult workouts, and then bump up to 20 minute a day if you can. Then 30 minutes and so on and so forth.

Bottom line, any exercise you can do, do it!!

10 minutes is not enough if you want results, I advise you to make exercises for at least 30 minutes a day, warmup takes for 10 minutes and in this time is not enough time to work out your muscles.

I think Ten minutes is already enough when your just maintaining your body but you should do this daily. But if you want to tone your body more then you should consider working out more than that.

I think it's beneficial and probably even preferable to get in that minimal amount of movement everyday. I heard somewhere that exercising too much may cause you to get even more hungry and that may end up working against you but if it's just for ten minutes to thirty minutes a day I'd guess that is pretty optimal.

When you are on the go or there's no time to go for a gym i suggest shadow boxing or just static running. It's easy and flexible in terms of space, you can actually have your 10 min. exercise almost everywhere.

The key is consistency. When you have to exercise set aside that 10 minutes and do nothing else but some physical challenges. Later on you can add more minutes as your body adjusts and you get used to the routine. I myself started with 10 in the morning then 20 and now I do 30 with the help of an app.

10 minutes is better than nothing at all if you're not looking to lose weight, there are various workout videos on Youtube aimed at people who don't have much time on their hands for exercise, and you can just choose which routine you can do, although it's best if you complement it with some cardio, even just brisk walking every day.

I have a friend who is a Physical Education teacher. He told me that we should at least have a 1-hour exercise everyday. It may be activities we enjoy doing like dancing, biking, running, hiking, etc. We can also have exercise routines. My friend also told me that if I am going to exercise often, I should lessen the intensity of the exercise/routine to avoid overexercising.

I think Ten minutes is already enough when your just maintaining your body but you should do this daily. But if you want to tone your body more then you should consider working out more than that.

Yeah, I think it depends on what you want to achieve. Ten minutes exercise is too short if you want to really get result but if it's just to maintain your body or to condition yourself then that should be fine. Also, the frequency of the exercise routine also matters.

When you are on the go or there's no time to go for a gym i suggest shadow boxing or just static running. It's easy and flexible in terms of space, you can actually have your 10 min. exercise almost everywhere.

Shadow boxing is something that I really want to try. I am thinking of exploring other exercises such as this, kick boxing and also Tai Bo. Sometimes I just jog in place if the weather is bad but I prefer jogging outdoors. The fresh air is really good for our respiratory system. Also, I am thinking of increasing my time. From 10 min.- 30 min. if my schedule allows it. An hour for me is very taxing. As the others say, I have to build it up slowly.

If you are a stable weight then the exercise is not needed to maintain body weight. You can do that purely with diet.
But exercising is important for more than weight...
It will make you stronger, fitter, make you look better and live longer. 10 minutes is not enough though.

If you are a stable weight then the exercise is not needed to maintain body weight. You can do that purely with diet.
But exercising is important for more than weight...
It will make you stronger, fitter, make you look better and live longer. 10 minutes is not enough though.

Maybe you are right with saying that 10 mins. exercise is not enough for a more weight person. But if the person have a normal weight, the 10 mins. exercise are definitely okay especially if it will be done everyday.

Maybe you are right with saying that 10 mins. exercise is not enough for a more weight person. But if the person have a normal weight, the 10 mins. exercise are definitely okay especially if it will be done everyday.

You need to stretch and warm up your body before exercise and the same after. That alone should take around 10 minutes. And yo do any good you have to Raise your heart rate for a reasonable amount of time. But Anything is better than nothing.

10 minutes exercise is good, as long as your body is moving and your burning fats.
What will you do in 10 minutes? Start stretching and do 10 minutes walk or jog a day and it will make difference for sure.

I am into a 3-minute exercise every morning just to maintain my weight even if I am still overweight. But I guess the stretching, bending, using the dumbbell and the hand grip exerciser should be for a longer time. Maybe 10 minutes a day would be fine but it’s just not very possible for now since my work schedule in the office is very early. For me, maintaining the weight is more of the diet than exercise. When I eat more, expect my weight to increase regardless of the exercise that I do.

You are trying your best and that is good. One thing that is necessary is that you are doing well with keeping fit. The reason for such is that it will make you remain pretty fine for the day to day activities.

10 minutes exercise is good, as long as your body is moving and your burning fats.
What will you do in 10 minutes? Start stretching and do 10 minutes walk or jog a day and it will make difference for sure.

Even doing a 3 minutes planking couple with some push up is a sure way to make the body look healthy and nice. I have always being of the opinion that we can look fine as long as we do the things that make our body look fit.

I think a ten minutes exercise will do if your just maintaining your body. I actually in your phase, I also do maintaining my weight now. I do exercises every morning, maximum of 30 mins. because I do jogging and biking.

Status
Not open for further replies.