1 month progress update

So I have been doing this for about a month now. I am down 8 pounds. I am happy with this due to the fact I didn't have to exclude any type of food from my life. It seems with all the other diets there's always some food that is restricted. I was really hoping for more of a weight-loss with this than 8 pounds. But I really can't complain because I ate what I wanted and I lost weight. So there you go. I will keep doing this and see where I am in another month.

You will burn muscle mass in the first 48-72 hours of water only fasting. After that, your body will start building new lean muscle "for free". So while at one point you can lose muscle mass, you will gain it back (and usually then some) in the long run. Well, hopefully!

I enjoy reading logs about dieting. That means you are now 1 month into OMAD and you lost 8 pounds along the way. I admire your conviction in your diet that you lasted this long without any complaints. I’m also encouraged with the no limitation of OMAD on the type of food that can be eaten although my main worry is the craving for food.

I am finishing my 3rd week. How funny how much I looked at as many diets to loose weight in this last 45 years, (I am 70 ) while trying countless ones... Until for the first time this OMAD sort of found me :) I was just reading about something else. I was so curious to know that eating 1 meal a day could be a way of life. Because as far as I can remember I always hated to eat 3 times a day, since most days I start feeling hungry after 1:00 pm.

Furthermore one day I adopted a dog and had no idea how to take care. When I learned that this cute guy needed to eat only once a day, I was angry ! Because his 1 year of life equals 7 years of mine. If you do the maths he eats 21 times less than I have too ! I deeply thought there has to be something very wrong with this human habit of 3 meals and more a day ! -

So, when I found OMAD, I immediately started it the following day making my 1 hour window from 2 to 6 pm. I felt so liberated.
For 2 weeks not a single headache, or difficulty, or craving... And on the 3rd day my light joints pain inflamation was gone !
Eventhough, I was having difficulty eating at least 1200 calories within 1 hour. So I make it 2 hours now, like a 3 or 4 course meal with little breaks and eating slower. Then I do not feel I have over-ate or unconfortable. I am discovering so much of good informations.

The first day the scale was down 5 lbs. I have now lost 9 pounds. But this last week, for 2 days in a row I did not eat enough and headaches, and weekness showed up. I have to adjust some supplements, drink more of this great broth bones+veges+algues.... that I make and take twice a day. I also drink 1 cup water with 2 tsp of AVC + 2 tbs of lemon juice - +++water, etc. I am never hungry and I just love this new way of life which gives me more time, less cooking, less shopping and a great cleansing for the body.

I also have in my meal a smoothie with green veges - frozen fruits - 1 egg - 1 tbs olive oil - chia - linseed - pumkin seed - sunflower seed - hemp
that's about 500 cal. I finish my meal with this and drink it slowly - I add frozen fresh mint & rosemary for taste and liver.

I never thought that dieting would feel so right, so good, and so much fun ! Somehow I fell liberated and happier !

So I have been doing this for about a month now. I am down 8 pounds. I am happy with this due to the fact I didn't have to exclude any type of food from my life. It seems with all the other diets there's always some food that is restricted. I was really hoping for more of a weight-loss with this than 8 pounds. But I really can't complain because I ate what I wanted and I lost weight. So there you go. I will keep doing this and see where I am in another month.
Congratulations. I hope you will continue OMAD diet. It is somewhat hard to maintain this kind of diet especially of you are used to heavy eating three times a day. I am glad that you didn't had the hard time.
Also congratulation for having a dog. Its fun to see people who is into OMAD diet as well as dog as a pet. To tell you honestly, me and my dog, we eat at the same time. He is doing OMAD diet too hahaha. It feels nice to have "someone" who joins you in your healthy eating journey.
By the way, I am doing OMAD since last year.

I'm glad you found this method and decided to give it a try. I myself also was very skeptical at first but within the first week I was convinced it works and that it is doable. I also agree that being able to eat the types of food you want helps a lot in not feeling restricted which makes it more appealing and feasible to stick with for the long term. Hoping to hear more about your progress so please do keep us posted!