"1 Drink" question

I have a question regarding the "1 drink". I have usually had a French Vanilla flavored coffee drink in the morning
for several years and really enjoy them. I am wondering if this type of drink is acceptable within my one-hour meal window.
It consists of a flavored coffee with a French Vanilla coffee "creamer".
If not, I'll simply scratch it off my list...no problem.
Thanks, Jim

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
I have a question regarding the "1 drink". I have usually had a French Vanilla flavored coffee drink in the morning
for several years and really enjoy them. I am wondering if this type of drink is acceptable within my one-hour meal window.
It consists of a flavored coffee with a French Vanilla coffee "creamer".
If not, I'll simply scratch it off my list...no problem.
Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim! Welcome to the Forums! We are happy to have you! Unfortunately, most creamers contain milk, sugar, etc. I would check your creamer for these ingredients. But, you are free to have it within your eating window :) Let me know if I can be of any more help or have any more questions!

I always go to the fitness center and exercise right at the end of my fasting period, and then have my meal window sometime between 11-1, depending on how my exercise schedule goes.
First thing in the morning, I do have a cup of coffee, and I either use heavy cream, or a mixture of cream and almond milk , because both of those have no sugar in them. Even though it adds a little bit into my fasting time, it is not like having coffee with a sugared flavoring. Sometimes, I even add a little bit of vanilla, or cinnamon into my morning coffee, just to give it a good aroma and taste.
Just that little bit of coffee helps energize me to get ready and go to the fitness center.

As I’ve said to most people who ask questions about food, OMAD isn’t so much about what you eat but when you eat it. The idea is you have an eating and fasting window. Within that eating window, literally anything goes. Within the fasting window? Nada.

Now the key factor here is that what you eat is either going to make your weight loss progress faster or slower. For example, someone who is sticking to a strict ketogenic diet (high fat and protein, low carb) is going to have a much easier time losing weight than someone whose diet is filled with processed sugars and refined carbs.

Besides eating one meal a day, you might want to look into holding a specific diet, and seeing if the ingredients in your coffee are appropriate for said diet.

I agree that you can eat anything he wants so long as it is within reason and within the recommended calorie intake for the day. I avoid sugar like the plague because it spikes your insulin levels and would make it harder for you to do OMAD because you will be hungry all the time. When on OMAD I combine it with a high fat, moderate protein diet. This keeps my blood sugar steady and I can power through the day with absolutely no problem. One of the biggest advantage of OMAD is that it is supposed to get you off sugar which is one of the worst things you can feed your body(In my opinion and experience of how i feel when I'm off sugar)

From what I know if you are drinking it in your window will be ok, stick to the diet follow the rules and everything will be fine.

Yes,I think you can take your drink as long as it within the daily meal time frame the shouldn't be a problem with that. But then again you should take it in moderation and the duration shouldn't be limited too.

I'm missing my morning coffee with milk - so I have just a dash of milk and it is fine.

There are vanilla flavoured syrups that are sugar free, but even these are not recommended.

I would save your favourite drink for during your window and enjoy it.

I'm missing my morning coffee with milk - so I have just a dash of milk and it is fine.
There are vanilla flavoured syrups that are sugar free, but even these are not recommended.
I would save your favourite drink for during your window and enjoy it.

Since I am doing keto along with the fasting, I usually have a cup of morning coffee with the heavy cream (Bombproof coffee, it is called), and that satisfies that morning craving for fresh hot coffee, and still doesn’t add carbs like milk does. I know we aren’t supposed to use artificial sweeteners either, but sometimes I do add a bit of the generic Splenda , and figured that one cup of coffee with a tiny bit of sweetener is not going to make a lot of difference.

I think drinking it within your meal time is okay because that way you'll still have the fasting period to use to burn it all off. However, I have found myself being a lot hungrier afterwards when I've had a good amount of sugar with my meal so I try to avoid it. A smaller amount of sugar probably doesn't have that much of an effect though so maybe just test it out and see if it does make you crave more later in the day or not.

During your eating window, I don't see it as a problem at all. Obviously outside the window you'd be relegated to plain black coffee without sugar or sweeteners, but during the eating window as far as I'm aware it's a case of anything goes.