Should I cut out diet pop?

I drink a lot of diet pop, usually diet mountain dew or diet Pepsi. I was wondering if that's okay to drink while doing a diet or omad? I have to have something that has some flavor so I feel diet pop would be fine. It doesn't have sugar either so I don't see it being bad for me.

Yes you should cut out all pop, including diet. Diet pop has artificial sweeteners and other chemicals. It technically makes your body think you're still ingesting sugar, so your body reacts accordingly.

I recommend trying different types of teas, they're are a lot of tasty options. I like honey tea myself.

Yeah diet pop isn't any better than pop. It has a lot of junk in there. I would recommend getting used to drinking lots of water. There are all kinds of teas you can try too. I like herbal and green tea myself.

You can also try sparkling water.

Yes. Eliminate any artificial flavors also whenever in fast mode: seltzers, flavored water, etc. Drink those during eating window.

Girl- If you need it to get through the day then drink it. Never cut you caffeine cold turkey. Find replacements that you like and start to change your habit.

Ironically there are many peer reviewed medical studies that prove artificial sweeteners are even more fattening to the human body than actual sugar. Including studies on diabetics where it's downright deadly over time. It has also been potentially linked to cancer. Also, high fructose corn syrup and corn syrup. which are in most sodas whether its diet or regular are also proven to convert to belly fat when digested and converted through the liver. Also, all the artificial chemicals on top of all that in pops. whether its regular soda or diet they are just poison. so yeah, you were unknowingly sabotaging yourself this whole time. sorry. not to late to stop though. I can't in my right mind ever say if it gets you by then drink it. I can't recommend poison to anyone.

Last edited: