Miso Soup- Instead of Tea & Coffee outwith Meal time

Hi.
Just found the Site, and love the concept, was doing Keto successfully but found the lack of carbs was making me too dizzy. Looking to give this a good shot and love the fact i can eat carbs.
My question is, i only drink tea with a sweetener and a dash of milk, i cant have it without those and hate coffee, so could i substitute tea outwith my meal time with miso soup.
A 21g sachet provides 21kcal, 2g of carbs,1.1g sugar,0.7g fat,1.7g protein.
As i travel about a bit for work i figured having boxes of these in the car would make it easy, and bone broth isnt as readily available in the UK as it is stateside .
Just looking for alternatives or any advise.If not Miso any other other suggestions?
Thanks in Advance
Colin

Hi.
Just found the Site, and love the concept, was doing Keto successfully but found the lack of carbs was making me too dizzy. Looking to give this a good shot and love the fact i can eat carbs.
My question is, i only drink tea with a sweetener and a dash of milk, i cant have it without those and hate coffee, so could i substitute tea outwith my meal time with miso soup.
A 21g sachet provides 21kcal, 2g of carbs,1.1g sugar,0.7g fat,1.7g protein.
As i travel about a bit for work i figured having boxes of these in the car would make it easy, and bone broth isnt as readily available in the UK as it is stateside .
Just looking for alternatives or any advise.If not Miso any other other suggestions?
Thanks in Advance
Colin

Hi @colmack77 welcome to the forums! If you are doing this at mealtime, this is ok. If the miso soup has sugar, drinking it outside your eating window may have an effect on your weight loss. However, it seems very minimal and you might be ok with this if its moderate consumption.

It seems like people do OMAD for a variety of reasons, and some of them are concerned about doing a “pure fast”, and some are just concerned about changing their eating habits enough to lose weight.
If you are wanting to get the maximum autophagy benefits, then you would probably not want to be breaking your fast, even with a few calories/carbs; but if you are just thinking about losing weight, then it is supposed to be alright to have something as long as it is only a few calories, as far as I know.
If the soup has fewer calories and carbs than your tea, then it makes more sense to drink that, but if you are drinking it all day long, then it is going to add up to being a LOT of extra calories, and will definitely stop your fast.
Each person is different, so what I do is experiment and see what works for me.

I have miso soup from time to time to help me make it to my meal along with a tall glass of cold water. usually does it for me. There is a lot of salt in it and one day when I had miso soup 2 times in one day, the scale bumped up the next day 2 lbs, but I knew it was the salt from the day before. then next day I didn't have miso soup it dropped off again by the 2nd morning... A lot of omad-ers drink broth. Bone broth would make my cravings go up- (many say it doesn't affect them in that way) but I can have other broths like vegetable or chicken or beef or mushroom broth. They've saved my fast many times when I was hungry!