Which Soda Is Good For OMAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to avoid taking any soda in my OMAD. Yet one day I met one young man who is on OMAD drinking soda. I asked him if it is alright and he told me diet soda is fine.

Is soda good for intermittent fasting? If so, which one?

If I were you I would stay away from Soda on OMAD. There are way too many calories to just consume while the one chief goal of being on the diet at first is to lose weight and control the consumption of such calories. As such, I advocate looking for soda to be avoided totally.

If I were you I would stay away from Soda on OMAD. There are way too many calories to just consume while the one chief goal of being on the diet at first is to lose weight and control the consumption of such calories. As such, I advocate looking for soda to be avoided totally.
I agree. Soda contains too much calories for consumption. If you really want to lose weight, you should refrain from drinking soda. It is also not good for your health since you are on OMAD diet. I suggest that you should drink flavored zero calories drinks instead to help yourself to get away from sodas. It can really ruin your diet. My instructor from gym akso told me that cold drinks such as sodas are the reasons for our bloated tummy, that's why I refrained drinking sodas since that day.

I used to also think drinking soda is okay and I guess technically it is, but I learned from experience that it just makes OMAD more difficult. Not only does it slow down your progress but also it makes you hungry at night because of all the sugar you consume during the meal. Without it, the challenge is much more bearable but with it, it becomes more difficult so whatever pleasure you get from the drink will only come back to haunt you, at least in my experience. I used to drink half a can during some days with my meal but as soon as I figured out it was the culprit of my additional hunger later in the day I stopped and it made my life so much easier.

Even diet soda is not recommended when you are wanting to lose weight. Although it does not have all of the sugar (and extra calories and carbs) of regular sodas, it tricks your body because it tastes sweet; so it still can cause an insulin response, and this is what we are trying hard not to do when we are fasting .
When you are having your meal of the day, if you are not restricting your foods, then you could have soda along with the meal; but even then it is not a healthy choice.
What I really like is plain carbonated water, or mineral water, which is even better and healthier, although more expensive. I have a SodaStream, and I use that along with plain filtered water to make my “fizzlated water” (as I call it), and then I sometimes add just a bit of lemon slice to the glass to give it more of a tangy flavor.
Here is one of the blog articles that Jimmy has written about which drinks work best for us when we are trying to get healthier and lose weight with OMAD way of eating.

https://omaddiet.com/omad-diet-liquids/

I have been trying to avoid taking any soda in my OMAD. Yet one day I met one young man who is on OMAD drinking soda. I asked him if it is alright and he told me diet soda is fine.

For me, it is alright to drink soda but it should be taken sparingly. It depends on the person. However there is a saying that anything that is in extreme is bad. If you drink too much soda, then it can be bad even what kind of diet you are practicing. I have been doing OMAD diet for almost a year and there are times that I drink soda too. I just limit it.

I agree. Soda contains too much calories for consumption. If you really want to lose weight, you should refrain from drinking soda. It is also not good for your health since you are on OMAD diet. I suggest that you should drink flavored zero calories drinks instead to help yourself to get away from sodas. It can really ruin your diet. My instructor from gym akso told me that cold drinks such as sodas are the reasons for our bloated tummy, that's why I refrained drinking sodas since that day.
Wow shout outs to your gym expatriate for keeping you in perfect shape. I like taking water mainly and on some occassions bone broth. I only take soda like once in a month and only at the period when it is extremely unaoivadable.

There isn’t a single soda that I would recommend while dieting, and I especially wouldn’t recommend diet soda. Diet soda might seem like a calorie free, healthy option while dieting, but the truth is that it is a lot more deceptive than you think. The artificial sweeteners in diet sodas are actually known to intensify appetite and hunger cravings, so by consuming them you’re actually making your diet that much more difficult.

I’d personally recommend just regular old water with a spritz of lemon into it, or perhaps a calorie-free flavored sparkling water.

There isn’t a single soda that I would recommend while dieting, and I especially wouldn’t recommend diet soda. Diet soda might seem like a calorie free, healthy option while dieting, but the truth is that it is a lot more deceptive than you think. The artificial sweeteners in diet sodas are actually known to intensify appetite and hunger cravings, so by consuming them you’re actually making your diet that much more difficult.

I’d personally recommend just regular old water with a spritz of lemon into it, or perhaps a calorie-free flavored sparkling water.
I agree that diet soda is not a hundred percent calorie free. I try to stay away from diet soda and artificial sweeteners because I dont like the taste. I do not know if it is just me and my preference but I am not really into artificial sweeteners.
I like sparkling water also but it is hard to look for sparkling water in my area.

I agree that diet soda is not a hundred percent calorie free. I try to stay away from diet soda and artificial sweeteners because I dont like the taste. I do not know if it is just me and my preference but I am not really into artificial sweeteners.
I like sparkling water also but it is hard to look for sparkling water in my area.

There are more reasons to avoid artificial sweeteners than just the flavor. For one thing, studies show that the popular artificial sweetener aspartame is bad for your brain. Thousands of people, myself included, have experienced headaches and even migraines after drinking diet cola that contained aspartame.

And just today, a new study came out showing that artificial sweeteners are detrimental to beneficial bacteria in your intestines. I wouldn’t go so far as to call them poison, but they definitely aren’t healthy.

There are more reasons to avoid artificial sweeteners than just the flavor. For one thing, studies show that the popular artificial sweetener aspartame is bad for your brain. Thousands of people, myself included, have experienced headaches and even migraines after drinking diet cola that contained aspartame.

And just today, a new study came out showing that artificial sweeteners are detrimental to beneficial bacteria in your intestines. I wouldn’t go so far as to call them poison, but they definitely aren’t healthy.
I appreciate how my tastebuds spare me most of the time from bad food or drink. I dont like the taste of instant noodles and when I did a research, instant noodles has too high salt content that is not good for our health. Especially if taken inntoo much quantity.
In our family we have history of weak kidney for both sides of my parents. That is why I really take caution when it comes to food that are bad for the kidneys. Growing up Asian, instant noodles and ramen is part of daily lives. But I really do not like the taste and aroma of any instant noodles.
The same with artificial sweetener. I will know right away if a dessert or a drink uses artificial sweeteners.

I appreciate how my tastebuds spare me most of the time from bad food or drink. I dont like the taste of instant noodles and when I did a research, instant noodles has too high salt content that is not good for our health. Especially if taken inntoo much quantity.
In our family we have history of weak kidney for both sides of my parents. That is why I really take caution when it comes to food that are bad for the kidneys. Growing up Asian, instant noodles and ramen is part of daily lives. But I really do not like the taste and aroma of any instant noodles.
The same with artificial sweetener. I will know right away if a dessert or a drink uses artificial sweeteners.

I can definitely relate to you on the whole “taste buds sparing you” part. Growing up, my dad was very critical of everything that we brought into our kitchen. He’d always say, “this stinks of chemicals” or “that’s so artificial.” It wasn’t that he was a particularly health conscious person either, it’s just that those flavors didn’t work well with his own palette.

The truth was that most of the stuff really was processed junk that simply wasn’t good for your body. Because he was that way, I grew up that way as well, only I used it as a means of becoming more health conscious and aware.

I can definitely relate to you on the whole “taste buds sparing you” part. Growing up, my dad was very critical of everything that we brought into our kitchen. He’d always say, “this stinks of chemicals” or “that’s so artificial.” It wasn’t that he was a particularly health conscious person either, it’s just that those flavors didn’t work well with his own palette.

The truth was that most of the stuff really was processed junk that simply wasn’t good for your body. Because he was that way, I grew up that way as well, only I used it as a means of becoming more health conscious and aware.
Wow, its interesting that I am not the only one! I also have that experience that I can "smell" or "taste" chemical in my food or drink. I do not have anything against processed foods. However, I am so used to eating meal that uses fresh meat, I can somehow feel if a viand uses processed food. Maybe if you are used to eating organic and fresh food, your body is somewhat sensitive to some chemicals or taste. For example, I am not used to eat food with MSG. If ever I eat a food with MSG I can tell because I salivate to much.

Drinking any kind of soda isn't advisable with OMAD because of the negative effects it impacts on your body. Instead of taking soda there are so many other liquid you can make use of.

Liquid such as mineral water, Coffee, tea, etc are far more better than drinking soda. You can read more about the liquid you can take and one's you can avoid using this homepage blog link.

https://omaddiet.com/omad-diet-liquids/

Other than the possibly of risk artificial sweeteners, the two fixings that hop out at me are whey, which can be insulinegenic, and carrageenan which I've been dodging after I read an article about how terrible it was in spite of the fact that I overlook what was awful about it lol. So this item isn't one I would decide for myself however we are generally unique! I'd improve the situation with an ounce of macadamia nuts so's what I convey as my crisis handy solution. Be that as it may, as I am completely fat adjusted and have enough muscle versus fat left, I basically never require it.

Drinking soda intermittently gave me a big round tummy even diet soda isn't left out.Soda contains so much sugar and calories and funny enough it has no good nutrients for the body.it even hurt our health too and sabotage our weight loss journey. I just drink water and that's it.I will recommend clean water than any soda.

I drink only water( 1.5 gal each day), green tea( 2-3 cups per day) and black coffee(2-3 cups per day). Soda is terrible in any form for you to be honest.

How many cups of water is 1.5 gallons of water? That is quite an amount of water. Yet fluids are good for health. Congratulations for the fluids you take. It is good.
Thank you, I drink bottled water in 16.9 oz in size and I average about 8-10 a day. I am one of those oddballs who like and craves water, all the time.

I drink only water( 1.5 gal each day), green tea( 2-3 cups per day) and black coffee(2-3 cups per day). Soda is terrible in any form for you to be honest.

You do the basics with taking the best suited liquids for one who is doing OMAD. With green tea, water and coffee, I'm pretty sure that they can serve the need for quenching ones thirst. Although, I don't do much of coffe as a result of its caffeine contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.