What is everyone eating today for their OMAD meal(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Sunday so I am making oven fried chicken, brown rice, cabbage. I am going to have a glass of Malbec and a piece of red velvet cake because it is my son's birthday cake. I am doing the 23:1. Early morning afternoon will be spring water with some electrolyte drops, green/black tea.

I was thinking of making good chili. It's been somewhat colder than usual where I live lately. Just need to find a good recipe, but that's what I have been craving lately.

Hi LarryT, chili sounds delicious. I ended up eating only a slither of the cake. For some reason cakes do not excite me like they use to. I guess this is good.

Today is Sunday so I take a break from my routine to give my body and my metabolism a break. I fast for 18 hours instead of my standard 24 hours. I fast for 24 hours 5 days a week and 18 hours on the weekend. During the week I also eat low carb and during the weekend I up my carb intake. So for dinner today I will have about 1 cup of rice, chicken stew which I have mixed with potatoes, green beans and carrots. I will also make myself a coleslaw mixed with apples and raisins which is one of my favorite things to eat. Yummy!

On my first OMAD diet, I prepare fish, sea foods which is my favorite, eggs, butter,mustard,2 slice bread, and milk.

I'm having some boiled eggs and potato salad. It's great for keeping you full while on your diet. It's helped me avoid eating lots of rice. Will continue to see progress.

Am eating broccoli ,kales and one egg and my drink is yoghurt .Yoghurt because it contains bacteria that makes a person not only quenched but also feel full. I take natural yoghurt because it doesn't have a lot of sugar .

I had some rice with pork and boiled eggs and tofu. I also ate some bites of pizza and potato chips as well as half a can of soda. However, an hour after I ate, I felt intense hunger or cravings which I normally don't feel that much anymore and I think it's the soda that's causing that so I might just stay entirely away from it and keep it to cheat days from now on. I am glad that my meals are starting to get smaller and smaller now though.

I have some fish dumplings now and Fried rice. I ate just one cup actually. Well, I think I can pass diet sometimes.

My food for today would be mashed potatoes, banana, 1 whole grilled fish some steamed kale and orange juice. I really like to include juice in my meal then drink water after it's all done. It's really appealing in my appetite if what I see on my plate is colorful and because I always prepare my own food so I would really know and I'm aware of what I am eating.

I just took my normal green tea this morning and in the day I'm looking at eating brown rice and stew then with an egg or fish in the stew all prepared by me which is good than eating out.

Since I’m taking a break from doing keto, I’ve opened up my options a little bit more this week. Today I’m planning to roast a whole chicken, and then carve it up for several meals throughout the week.

I’m going to have the drumstick and thighs today, along with a side of brown rice with pinto beans and a kale salad. Then I’m going to wash it all down with an egg drop soup made from bone broth. I love these kind of meals because all the protein and fiber make me feel great!

I Haven't eaten anything for today except my normal liquid intake because I'm still on my fasting window but when it's time for food, I'm more likely going to eat just an African native food that I have missed for so long now called pigeon beans (fiofio). My grandmother came over for vacation, so I'm definitely going ask her to prepare it for me.

Not proud of myself! I ate only cookies today and now I am hungry. But if I eat now I am going to break my OMAD. It is not even 13.00 o'clock. Should I eat some meat now or not?

Not proud of myself! I ate only cookies today and now I am hungry. But if I eat now I am going to break my OMAD. It is not even 13.00 o'clock. Should I eat some meat now or not?
You have spiked insulin with the cookies, and will probably be so hungry that you will not make a fast until tomorrow. I would suggest you eat a good meal like you would usually eat, and then just put the rest as a learning experience. If you are going to eat cookies, you can have them as a dessert along with your OMAD meal.
One time of having a cookie snack is not the end of the world, but you still need a healthy meal to continue on with OMAD lifestyle.

For today, I ate sweet potatoes and whole wheat bread. I drank cups of water to stay hydrated. I also incorporated an apple in my meal today. I am satisfied with my meal today.

Status
Not open for further replies.