The Greatest Male Gymnast Of All Time Eats Just One Meal A Day

It shows that a world class athlete can do it - and even recommends it! I like that he stressed the importance of working out beforehand, so that he wouldn't feel queasy as a result of all the flips and other movements he has to do as a part of his gymnastics routines.

Some of the healthiest people often fast at least once every week, and anyone on OMAD can adjust and be satisfied doing the diet without giving up their physical activity.

@ wallet don't you think because he is a world class gymnast he has dietitians and other experts working with him?Don't you think if he needed to eat more meals they would have told him to do so ? OMAD is not skipping meals I think many people talk before they understand it, its choosing to have your meals all at once within a certain time frame. I think for an athlete this would work especially well, because your body can concentrate on repairing and regenerating itself instead of on digesting your food.

That post is really inspiring and encouraging at least newbies that really need practical testimonial like this.The body sometimes get stuffed with food and the way to slow all that out is to try using OMAD diet for a while to give the body the energy needed to function in other areas than just digesting food.

It's not surprising, because some great athletes really has a great motivation and strong mind if they want to achieve something, and I think this OMAD helps this athlete a lot to maintain his body and become much more flexible.

I have also heard that George's Saint Pierre who is one of the legends of MMA is also doing OMAD and according to him it makes the most sense and keeps his mind as clear as it has ever been. It's actually one of the interviews that convinced me to keep going with this diet past the first week so I highly recommend it to anyone having doubts.

He is gymnast so I'm not surprised anymore if he do OMAD. Most of the athletes are doing extreme diets and work outs to condition there body. I'm really glad that he even recommend OMAD to us.

I have also heard that George's Saint Pierre who is one of the legends of MMA is also doing OMAD and according to him it makes the most sense and keeps his mind as clear as it has ever been. It's actually one of the interviews that convinced me to keep going with this diet past the first week so I highly recommend it to anyone having doubts.

Yeah, that's right, but I think that was before, when he was maintaining his weight. But right now, I think he stop doing this diet and go up to another weight class which is much more heavier to his weight division before.

That's really impressive, as we all know to achieve those routine in gymnastics is not an easy task when your in a diet like OMAD since you'll spend a lot of energy doing it. But this gymnast pulled it off. Although he can schedule his one meal about 4 hours before his routine right? In this way he would have energy for it.

This is very inspiring for me because my husband is a fan of UFC fighters and I also have seen the last fight of GSP when he won the title from Michael Bisping. He had already retired but came back just for the title. Even if he is not young anymore, his physique looked perfect and his stamina was great. Maybe if we will be posting about athletes who are on OMAD, that will certainly give us more encouragement.

Thanks for sharing the link. I love the sport of gymnastics. I should say I love being a spectator of the sport. :) When I watch the Olympics, I have to watch the gymnastics competitions; male and female. I haven't been keeping up so I had to click through the link to see WHO has the honor of being the greatest male gymnast of all time. I can believe Kohei Uchimura eats only one meal a day. He looks extremely fit and trim. If one meal a day is all he needs to stay competitive then he should keep doing it!

I also think that for the athlete it acts as part of their mental committment build up. Like when they teach themselves to bear with hunger for a whole day and eat once it assists them to survive in athletism where struggle is the norm and one has to be tough mentally.

This is very inspiring for me because my husband is a fan of UFC fighters and I also have seen the last fight of GSP when he won the title from Michael Bisping. He had already retired but came back just for the title. Even if he is not young anymore, his physique looked perfect and his stamina was great. Maybe if we will be posting about athletes who are on OMAD, that will certainly give us more encouragement.
I agree. I was surprised and encouraged too when I first heard about this because I've always been a fan of his discipline even though I wasn't always a fan of his fights. Knowing that someone like him who trains that hard and that regularly being able to still just eat once a day pretty much just eliminated all my excuses since I am not even half as active as he is and it's actually one of the factors that convinced me to start this diet to begin with.

This is very inspirational especially to those people who just started their way of OMAD. They have proven that they can still do OMAD eventhough they undergo such tremendous trainings and competitions. It is really just about the dedication to reach your goals and trust to yourself that you can do it no matter how hard things may get.

@ wallet don't you think because he is a world class gymnast he has dietitians and other experts working with him?Don't you think if he needed to eat more meals they would have told him to do so ? OMAD is not skipping meals I think many people talk before they understand it, its choosing to have your meals all at once within a certain time frame. I think for an athlete this would work especially well, because your body can concentrate on repairing and regenerating itself instead of on digesting your food.
I totally agree with you. OMAD is not about skipping meals, it is about eating when your body is most prime or within your timeframe. I believe that when you eat in one go on a specific time frame, your body will digest it better than eating smaller amounts. Eating between meals would get you fatter, maybe this applies to OMAD too.

Last edited:
That gymnast is truly an inspiration to us all. Being a professional athelete and doing OMAD proves to us how important and healthy this lifestyle is. If such sportsman maintains lifestyle identically and sets a good example, that means that we're on the right path. I've seen Kohei Uchimura's performance on YouTube, he's healthy as an oax.

I'm not surprised. Back I when I was doing OMAD my health condition was the best out there! The moment I stopped it began to deteriotate. It takes a lot of will to start doing it again! :(