Swimming is best exercise

Not exactly to lose weight but swimming is the best exercise according to our physician. Almost all the body parts are moving when you swim and you are not easily exhausted unlike when you are running. However, it’s not easy to go swimming frequently unless you have your own pool. It is also expensive because you don’t go swimming alone. Anyway, for those with access to a nearby pool, you are lucky if you can use the pool at least every other day.

I agree. I like to swim as an exercise too because that way you get to work out your whole body and even if you just swim for 30 minutes it feels like you are able to put in more work than if you just jogged for 30 minutes since you use more of your body rather than just your legs to run. The only thing I like more about walking or running is that you get to see more of your environment and scenery and also you could listen to music while doing it.

It actually is because of the density of the water our body gives of nore energy that will strengthen our bodies endurance. Plus swimming is a realy fun sport i love swimming especially on summer its helps cool down my body and exercise at the same time.

This has always been my weekend exercise I love to exercise at weekends a lot and one of my routine is swimming I love to swim a lot and one can reduce a lot too from swimming and building of muscles comes from this too.

Not exactly to lose weight but swimming is the best exercise according to our physician. Almost all the body parts are moving when you swim and you are not easily exhausted unlike when you are running. However, it’s not easy to go swimming frequently unless you have your own pool. It is also expensive because you don’t go swimming alone. Anyway, for those with access to a nearby pool, you are lucky if you can use the pool at least every other day.
Swimming really is a good exercise. As what you have said, all of your body parts are moving. It is also fun to swim. Having swimming pool on our own home is one of my dreams. It will be easier for my family to swim whenever we wanted to.

I agree. I also believe that swimming is one of the great exercises. The pressure under water really helps you develop your cardio. Some of the athletes also use to run inside the swimming pool for their legs exercise.

Since I am a senior, I have a fitness membership that comes with my Medicare Advantage plan. I go to the fitness center and swim for an hour 4-6 times a week, and it has really helped me to strengthen my muscles and have better muscle tone. I usually burn from 800-1000 calories each day that I swim, and I always do it at the end of my fast so that I am sure to be burning fat for energy each time I swim.
There are also some great water exercises that a person can do, even if they do not know how to swim.
I had a bad knee that almost would not bend, and so I looked on youtube and found water exercises to help with bad knee injuries, and started doing those in the pool.
My knee is now much better, and I always do the exercises to help keep it flexible.
I think that swimming is a perfect complement to use with IF and the OMAD diet, because it does help your whole body, and is not as stressful on the body as jogging or other exercises might be.

I love swimming and definitely find it's a lot easier on my joints than running is. A lot of people swear by running, but to me it's just something that ends up leaving me feeling achey. Swimming and other water activities like aqua aerobics are great for cardio workouts and for being kind to your joints at the same time.

Swimming is my favorite sport. I started swimming when I was in grade four. My forte is backstroke it is the first stroke that I learned because I easily learned how to float. When I have time, I seek to go swimming every two months. It is really good way to exercise you will not notice you are sweating because you are in the water.

I like swimming but I tend to do it only occassionaly. If I had my own pool then definitely itvwould be like a daily activity which I would then get to experience and appreciate the benefits.

That is so true. Aside from a good exercise, swimming is also a great stress-reliever and past time. Honestly, I just learned how to swim two years ago. Although I'm not as good as a professional, still, I could stay and swim in the pool all by myself without getting drowned.

I don't really liking swimming because I hate getting chlorine in my hair.Its really hard to wash out and it cuts my hair(yes despite the shower cup!) However I agree that swimming is a really good exercise. It works your whole body without putting pressure on your joints like with exercises like jogging or kickboxing. Most people who go swimming love swimming, so you don't really feel like you are working out. I think I would recommend this to anyone who wants to work out and hates working out.

Swimming and running have both been touted as the best exercise and I don't do either. Can't swim and don't run unless there's a fire. However, you might be able to convince me to try dancing. :)

Swimming and running have both been touted as the best exercise and I don't do either. Can't swim and don't run unless there's a fire. However, you might be able to convince me to try dancing. :)
Excellent point, @cmoneyspinner ! I totally believe that there is no one best exercise (although walking might be close); but the best one is something that we will continue to faithfully do, because we enjoy doing it.
I don’t have the balance for dancing, and never learned how to do it, but if is what you love to do, then for you it is vey well the best exercise.
Swimming is not practical for everyone, and not everyone even knows how to swim, but for people who are able to swim and enjoy swimming, then it is a good overall exercise.

Last edited:
It is true. Swimming is just the perfect exercise that your body needs. As you say, almost every muscle in the body is active during a swimming session. This includes even the muscles that you cannot feel or flex on your own. On the other hand, swimming improves respiratory health and is a very effective therapy for the mind. The only issue is that if you are nowhere near a pool, it will be almost impossible for you to work out as a swimmer.

I agree with this. People who have access to pool is indeed fortunate. I also believe that swimming is a relaxing exercise. I irony of associating relaxation to exercise. But that is what I feel whenever I swim. I will just realize that i worked my whole body because after swimming, I am really hungry and my body feel sore. They say that your exercise is effective if you felt sore after your body has cooled down.
Every time I have the chance to go swimming, I always grab it. It is indeed one of the best form of exercise.

I'm not much of a swimmer. I have some friends who find it relaxing. They mostly do it for leisure purposes like hanging out in private pools. I don't have a swimming pool in our area. So even if I wanted to, I can't just swim whenever I want. But I can see how strokes can help with exercising our limbs from time to time.

Actually swimming is harder than running because your body is resisting the water density and this makes it a good exercise. Swimming also strengthens the lungs and cam be classified as an endurance workout. Although I really hate it because I nearly drowned once.

I agree swimming is a really good sport to improve your lung function. I swim to releive stress and also to fill my weekly cardio workout routine. I prefer swimming instead of jogging becuase jogging puts pressure on your legs, at the end your day your legs get sore, but when I swim I use 4 diffrent strokes freestyle, butterfly, backstroke, and breaststroke. These 4 strokes workout my whole body and at the end of the day my whole body is sore.

Yes,I actually love swimming and it has been one of my best form of exercise and I do this consistently because I actually enjoy swimming and I love its help benefits.

I love to swim because the exercise tend to work on all part of my body as we need to use almost all part of our body, so one is actually exercising every part of the body.Swimming helps one build endurance,strength and muscles.I believe if any one need to build muscles then swimming should be inculcated into the workout routine.

Swimming is a good way to burn calories which in turn means burning fat,so for some people that need to lose weight then try swimming at least twice or thrice weekly. Experts are even of the view that it can burn belly fat as well.