Some Days I Wake Up Starving

Most days since I started OMAD, I have had little problems getting through the day and reaching my 3pm-4pm window, but some days for some reason I just wake up feeling hungry or even starving. It's gotten to the point where I've even woken up just having dreamed of eating food and once I'm awake I realize the dream was probably because I was feeling hungry.

I once thought that after a month or so I'd be used to this diet to the point where I'm pretty much coasting and don't feel like I'm challenging myself too much anymore in the mornings, but surprisingly some days really are a challenge for me although even on those days I still stick to it and wait until 3pm and just keep drinking water until then.

My question is, do you guys have any ideas on why this happens from time to time? How come on some days I feel like I can go the whole day without eating while on some I feel like I'm starving and want to break my diet and have breakfast? I am guessing it's probably because I'm still eating a fair bit of carbohydrates as my daily meals usually consist of rice, meat and fruit. However, since I eat pretty much a similar meal everyday, it makes me wonder why some days are harder than others?

I think it's normal. After waking up, drink a glass of water. In my case, I drink ginger tea first thing in the morning. Consuming liquids like back coffee, tea, or water will make you full.

Everyone of us are experiencing the same thing. It's true, that it is normal. It is a sign of dehydration and of course, the food you have eaten, hours before you sleep plus the number of hours of sleeping, obviously, it is already digested. For me, the best thing you are going to do the next time when you wake up starving is, just drink a glass or two of water( room temperature), or alkaline water. It would be better. Because, the good thing about alkaline water is it helps to lower down the acidity of your digestive system. Try it, you'll see some progress in your health.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I was actually kind of worried that I was the only one since I have been eating some carbohydrates with my meals and I thought that was contributing a lot to my hunger the next day. Glad to know it's normal for others on OMAD too. :) I also didn't know about drinking alkaline water and will definitely look that up. Any other tips to help make these types of days easier would also be still very much welcome so anyone who has more advice to add please do share.

I also experience this kind of situation. I usually starved when I don't eat rice before I go to bed or for my dinner. Even if I am full before I go to sleep but I don't eat rice, I starved. I thought I am the only one experiencing this but there are you guys.

I think it depends on how long you have been on OMAD. Still a beginner? Then you just have to get used to it. I fool my body by having a black coffee which I can sip on for hours. I also sip on hot water, through the day and a couple of glasses of cold water. If I'm really hungry then I will have a green tea, and the bitterness will curb my hunger. Also are you eating enough in the night? I recommend that you include high fat foods and protein, they keep you full and hold your stomach. Also try and keep busy, have a routine in the morning where you just get up and go, once your on your way, you will forget about your hunger.

I don't usually eat at night or before night. I eat during lunch and that's the last one. I only drink green tea before going to sleep. Maybe because of that, I always wake up starving. Maybe I should change my eating time window.

I am doing Keto OMAD and have been for months now. I rarely wake up starving, but on occasion, it happens. On those days, I typically start out with a glass of water and that usually subsides by hunger. I would definitely try to fill up on water or tea first thing in the morning. You could also consider changing your "eating time" window.

That's a good sign actually because your response is simply to eat. The problem arises when you wake up not wanting to eat even if you know you are hungry, then we have a problem. I think its natural for us to feel hungry after sleeping especially in the morning because we didn't take anything the whole night. We fasted and that's why morning meals are called break-fast.

I think it's normal to feel hungry when you wake up while doing OMAD. What I do is I drink 2 cups of coffee with a bit of milk and brown sugar and that usually takes care of my cravings and hungry feelings.

I think it's normal once you started the diet. You should always have water to drink beside your bed when you feel this again. Well, I'm not really into omad diet but I think this one will help you. Just drink water and sleep again.

You should eat what you like and you know will not make you hungry again, also try to drink a lot of water. This happened to me as well in the first week now is still happening but is a rare thing now.

I think it's normal to get hungry or starving in the morning specially when your on a diet. But this will subside eventually as your body adapt to your eating routine. You just have to find some alternative activity to divert the hunger until your eating window comes.

I'm not sure why it changes daily but once the carbs have turned to glucose and your blood sugars drop then your body will start telling your brain it is hungry.

When you sleep your body digests the food you ate and since it was a little you get to have an empty stomach. On waking up you will obviously be hungry.

It will really happen especially if you are on the first week of your diet. It is normal and will happen again if you got a tiring day. What i do when it happen is I just go back to sleep and make it a point not to think that I am hungry. It is like mind over matter thing.

I'm not really sure why, but remember that you've spent all of your life eating breakfast and you've only done the diet for months or so. There are also some people who aren't on a diet but don't eat breakfast because they don't feel hungry when they wake up. I guess it's just how the body works, I usually just drink beverages, usually water or anything not acidic, and it alleviates that hunger feeling.

It's quite rare that I experience this. From what I can remember when I ate a lot during dinner or late night, I woke up starving for some reason but drinking coffee would be enough for me to feel full. I don't normally eat breakfast early in the morning. I often take brunch.

I recommend that you should drink a glass of water with at least one tease spoon of apple cider. Apple cider help me to not feel my hunger until my meal time. It really helps to ease my cravings in food. You should drink this at least three times a day for more effective result.

I can totally relate to your issue, and I think I might have some insight on what is happening. Eating is a habit like any other, and what people don't realize is that everyone has developed a dependency on food. So, just as it is when someone is quitting an addiction, you will feel the 'withdrawal symptoms' when you are on a fast. The good thing with withdrawal symptoms is that they are not permanent. The struggle goes away with time, and we develop the habit of being able to stay on a fast faithfully.