Skipping meals cleanses the body

I had tried skipping meals when I was in college. It wasn't just a skip meal, it was like a school tradition. I will not explain any further about this "tradition". Anyway, they said that doing it cleanses our body and gives other health benefits. It's not exactly OMAD because we only skip one meal everyday. But yes, I guess they're right because we have this OMAD and thanks for introducing this to us.

Well, based from what I've heard it's really true that skipping at least one meal a day is beneficial to our body. It cleanses our body because it means our intestines don't have to grind any food so it means there will be no toxins that will enter our body, though I'm not a hundred percent sure. I've actually done this before with skipping my lunch and it made me more slimmer though it also made me lose a lot of energy because I had to exert a lot for each class and skipping my lunch means I'm not adding nutrients in my body therefore my body will use it's stocked energy.

Skipping meals has a negative impact on health, it actually make you gain weight and studies revelaed that increases the risk of stress and depressive moods, it also makes harder focusing on tasks. The difference with fasting is that, if you just skip a meal, you willprobably eat more later tofill that in, but fasting is a dieting pattern and will help to promote weight loss and improve health overall.

@ Isozceles a bit confused!I thought fasting is skipping one or more meals a day? Research on fasting actually shows it's healthy for you. It shows that fasting heals the body, because your body is not working so hard to burn calories it can perform other functions like cleansing your body organs. The week before last while cooking dinner, I spilled oil on my hand.It left a bit of scaring. Today I looked at my hand and the scaring that would take at least a few months to heal had disappeared. I believe it's because my body is healing itself because I'm on the Omad diet.

In my opinion I think it's bad for your health, Omad diet and skipping meal is different. Skipping meal are more likely to binge later in the day, while Omad diet and fasting is a conscious act to stick to your dieting pattern, skipping meal especially in the morning will surely affect your whole day work for example you can't focus with what you are doing because you skip meal and all you think about is to eat.

@ Isozceles a bit confused!I thought fasting is skipping one or more meals a day? Research on fasting actually shows it's healthy for you. It shows that fasting heals the body, because your body is not working so hard to burn calories it can perform other functions like cleansing your body organs. The week before last while cooking dinner, I spilled oil on my hand.It left a bit of scaring. Today I looked at my hand and the scaring that would take at least a few months to heal had disappeared. I believe it's because my body is healing itself because I'm on the Omad diet.

Skipping a meal because you're late or something like that is bad for you, but as I said, fasting as a diet method is good for you since by losing weight you improve your health. And the healing part, well, nutrition can help with wounds, but it really depends on what you are aeating.

Skipping a meal because you're late or something like that is bad for you, but as I said, fasting as a diet method is good for you since by losing weight you improve your health. And the healing part, well, nutrition can help with wounds, but it really depends on what you are aeating.

I agree with you, it's always depend on what you are eating. We can at least eat on the go food like salad or even fruits instead of doing everything without filling our stomach. I think your body can have a big impact if your skipping meal and it's not even an option when you want to lose weight.
You can have a serious problem if you continue doing that.

Well, based from what I've heard it's really true that skipping at least one meal a day is beneficial to our body. It cleanses our body because it means our intestines don't have to grind any food so it means there will be no toxins that will enter our body, though I'm not a hundred percent sure. I've actually done this before with skipping my lunch and it made me more slimmer though it also made me lose a lot of energy because I had to exert a lot for each class and skipping my lunch means I'm not adding nutrients in my body therefore my body will use it's stocked energy.
Yes, it is not advisable to skip meals if you have classes to attend to as you will not be able to focus and your brain will not function well. In my case during college, we were doing it even during school days since we're used to it. But not everyday of course. We do it during special occasions.

In my opinion I think it's bad for your health, Omad diet and skipping meal is different. Skipping meal are more likely to binge later in the day, while Omad diet and fasting is a conscious act to stick to your dieting pattern, skipping meal especially in the morning will surely affect your whole day work for example you can't focus with what you are doing because you skip meal and all you think about is to eat.

Well, the "skip meal" that I am talking about is indeed a conscious act. Like I said, it was a school tradition. It's not like we just forgot to eat a meal for a day. We do it with a purpose. A normal skip meal is not good. When I say normal, if you do it for nothing or if you just forgot your meal because of some random things.

Skipping meals has a negative impact on health, it actually make you gain weight and studies revelaed that increases the risk of stress and depressive moods, it also makes harder focusing on tasks. The difference with fasting is that, if you just skip a meal, you willprobably eat more later tofill that in, but fasting is a dieting pattern and will help to promote weight loss and improve health overall.
Skipping meals is a form of fasting and fasting is skipping meals. Both can cause a negative impact to our body if we do it the wrong way. In our case before, it was a school tradition and of course we do it with a purpose and pattern. It was not a normal skip meal nor a dieting pattern, but something more ;). I don't do it anymore today as I already graduated.

The biggest thing I find when it comes to OMAD is that it makes me more conscious of what I'm fueling my body with. Before I started looking into this way of intermittent fasting, I just ate whatever, whenever - sometimes I'd think about nutrition but most of the time I'd just think about filling my hunger with whatever sounded good.

Nowadays I'm more conscious with my choices, so I definitely think my body feels an element of being cleansed.

Yes, it is not advisable to skip meals if you have classes to attend to as you will not be able to focus and your brain will not function well. In my case during college, we were doing it even during school days since we're used to it. But not everyday of course. We do it during special occasions.
Exactly. During that time I actually thought it was healthy because of course I had an extra weight to shed, never thought it would make less proactive instead of being more energized. I'm actually a college student right now and it's impossible for me and my classmates to even skip just one meal because we do have straight classes from morning until afternoon. Our brains would explode from thinking about food lol XD.

I agree with that skipping meals cleanses the body as well as it helps to heal the organs giving some rests and be active for processes.There are studies shows that people who doesn't eat a lot can live long.

When I was in college, I was technically doing OMAD, but unwillingly.

Being the lazy type of college student, I always skipped breakfast because I wanted to sleep later. I got up, rushed to class, and then had classes all day. I didn't have enough time in between classes for meals, so I usually didn't eat for the whole day. Then when I finally went home in the evening, I had my one meal of the day for dinner and that was it.

I always found it surprising that I never felt tired or fatigued, and I guess it's because OMAD simply works as long as you're getting enough calories and nutrients.

When I was in college, I was technically doing OMAD, but unwillingly.

Being the lazy type of college student, I always skipped breakfast because I wanted to sleep later. I got up, rushed to class, and then had classes all day. I didn't have enough time in between classes for meals, so I usually didn't eat for the whole day. Then when I finally went home in the evening, I had my one meal of the day for dinner and that was it.

I always found it surprising that I never felt tired or fatigued, and I guess it's because OMAD simply works as long as you're getting enough calories and nutrients.
As the song goes, "What doesn't kill you make you stronger". LOL. Breakfast though is the most important meal of the day.

We really had meals being skipped during our college days just not to skip classes. I will never forget the sleepless and "eatless"(not really a word hahaha) days when I was working on my thesis.

I totally agree with this assertion because I was a live in student as well and the school environment made me skip meals a lot and I gain from it ,instead of me crying about stomach pains and other issues that comes with eating all the time ,I was more agile and energetic through out the day.Having a full stomach all the time can really dull the body and overload the system sometimes the system will love to rest from exhaustion or unending activities to cleanse itself which one meal a day helps to achieve.

Skipping meals can be good for the body, provided that you have planned for it and you have no existing conditions that may affect your body, like hyperacidity.

Well skipping meals is different compared to OMAD because of the regularity and food preferences although I believe you are right that skipping meals can be beneficial and can be compared to fasting. In the past when I was still working as a company man, I didn't eat lunch at work for years, what I did was eat a good breakfast at 6AM and eat a snack at 4 pm and a full dinner at 7-8PM. Skipping lunch, I felt healthier and lighter.

I agree. I don't have evidence to back this up since obviously I am not a doctor and I've only been doing OMAD for nearly a month, but in this short time period I have felt like my bowel movement has improved and my stomach never feels as heavy as when I was just eating regularly. Just from my experience alone, I would say that I definitely feel like my stomach cleanses itself much easier now that I am just eating once per day.

I agree that your body is cleansed of impurities and dirt when you go on a fasting period. When you skip meals then that is a way of fasting and urging your body to start a cleansing process. I am currently skipping dinner more often than not as my way of adjusting my eating habit when I go full OMAD. I feel that my body is better now regarding toxins that I don’t feel muscle pains in the morning anymore.