Rice Substitute for Low Carbs

In OMAD Keto diet should be high fat, low protein and carb. For people in South East Asia where Rice is the main staple food, what can be the best Rice Substitute?

I like how avocados help me feeling full for a long time. When I tried avocados on my breakfast, I am still feeling full when lunch time. I even skip lunch since I cannot feel hunger. I don't know if it works to others but I find it heavy to my stomach as if I just eaten a rice with other side dish. Other says that brown rice can be a substitute to white as it has more fiber than that of white rice and also it has 25% of protein compared to the other one.

You could also try Cauliflower rice. Use one head of cauliflower and grate it. You can eat it raw or you can let them soak in boiling water for 1-2 minutes and drain immediately after. It's very healthy and low in carb at the same time.
There's another way of cooking it. Heat olive oil in a pan or skillet over medium heat. Then, add your grated cauliflower, pinch of salt, and pepper if you want. Cover it and cook until heated (3-5 minutes). Finally, serve and eat it while it's hot. Enjoy your mea

Last edited by a moderator: