Returning to OMAD lifestyle

In 2000 I started eating OMAD and lived that way for almost three years. We lived in Germany at the time and it was very easy. When we moved back to the States, it got harder to stick to it. Gained most of my weight back. Lost it again counting calories six years ago. That gets old snd have gained some of it back. I'm obviously older now (62) but I like intermittent fasting. Going to try taking that one step further and go OMAD. We'll see how it hoes.

Welcome to the forum, @Eddi , and glad to have you here ! I have been down those same roads, just like you have, and I feel like intermittent fasting is something that I can live with, hopefully lose all of the extra weight I have regained (yet again), while still enjoying life and a delicious meal once in a while.
I am 73, so I know the struggle of trying to lose weight when we get older, and it helps to motivate me to get it done before i get even older !
I am still working out the best program for me, and mixing up IF, and OMAD with trying a 2 day EF now and then. I want to get into the swing of fasting enough to do an even longer fast; but 2 days is about it for me thus far.

Thank you for the nice welcome. I know I feel better when I OMAD. I am a sugar addict and dairy intolerant, which complicates choices. I recently tried Atkins and that is too restrictive since I have to limit dairy. I know this will work for me and plan to make it a lifestyle.

I love your hair ! I tried some lavender color in mine, and I liked it , but now I am back to the basic white/silver, at least for now. You can see a little of the lavender tinge in my avatar picture, but I just had a haircut and it is mostly all gone now .
Have you tried almond milk ?
It is low calorie and low carb. I tried the stuff they sell at the grocery store, and it tasted like white-colored water (I am trying not to call it dishwater); but now I make my own from fresh almonds . I soak them overnight, rinse well the next day, and then put them in my blender, and it makes a much richer almond milk.
I don’t like it in my coffee (too thin) but for smoothies or protein drinks, it works great.

I love your hair ! I tried some lavender color in mine, and I liked it , but now I am back to the basic white/silver, at least for now. You can see a little of the lavender tinge in my avatar picture, but I just had a haircut and it is mostly all gone now .
It is low calorie and low carb. I tried the stuff they sell at the grocery store, and it tasted like white-colored water (I am trying not to call it dishwater); but now I make my own from fresh almonds . I soak them overnight, rinse well the next day, and then put them in my blender, and it makes a much richer almond milk.
I don’t like it in my coffee (too thin) but for smoothies or protein drinks, it works great.
It is low calorie and low carb. I tried the stuff t

I use Joico color butter in my hair. It's not permanent. You just blend it in where you want color, leave it awhile., then rinse. It lasts a few weeks. And it makes my dry hair verygood soft. Comes in several colors. I use titanium, also.

I love unsweetened almondmilk milk. And coconut milk. I use them in all my cooking now. Husbandand does mind. Lol

I will check out some of the color butter , I looked on Amazon and it does look easy to use. I like coconut milk, too; but I only buy the ones in the can. I tried making my own, and it was delicious; but it takes forever to get all of the coconut meat out of the shell, and then blended into milk. I read about using dried coconut flakes, and I think that might work easier; but I haven’t tried it yet.

I will check out some of the color butter , I looked on Amazon and it does look easy to use. I like coconut milk, too; but I only buy the ones in the can. I tried making my own, and it was delicious; but it takes forever to get all of the coconut meat out of the shell, and then blended into milk. I read about using dried coconut flakes, and I think that might work easier; but I haven’t tried it yet.
:)

@Eddi welcome aboard once again. I get a lot of motivation and encouragement from your story. It really does not matter the number of times we try but we have to keep doing it. I hope that you stick with us for good now.

In 2000 I started eating OMAD and lived that way for almost three years. We lived in Germany at the time and it was very easy. When we moved back to the States, it got harder to stick to it. Gained most of my weight back. Lost it again counting calories six years ago. That gets old snd have gained some of it back. I'm obviously older now (62) but I like intermittent fasting. Going to try taking that one step further and go OMAD. We'll see how it hoes.
Sometime we fall out our cherished lifestyl e and dieting. When we do, it is with repercussions like regaining lost weight.

Am happy you realized and came back to OMAD. You will make it great this time.

I have also fallen off the wagon in the short time I have been doing OMAD and I think remembering what it feels like to eat regularly again throughout the day has reminded me of the lifestyle I previously had and also the big difference I felt when I was on OMAD. It has made me appreciate what the OMAD lifestyle has brought me and it's what convinced me to go back to it, and I think knowing this is important because it gives us an idea of what we should think about if or when we fall off which may tend to happen from time to time.

We all have failed at one point or the other which I don't think it really that bad,the bad thing is not picking up ourselves after falling.Good that you are returning to OMAD.I hope you can make it a lifestyle change it will be easier that way.Welcome to the forum and to OMAD diet too.

It's good that after all you still chose to continue Omad. Our health is a precious thing for us. We need to be always consciuos about our diet. We need to be healthy always.

I strongly believe that it is always going to be fine when you remain focused. Doing Omad is never easy at the beginning, as I experienced when I started, but since you have passed through this phase before, I believe that it is something you can achieve with ease.

I'm doing really well on OMAD(In my humble opinion). I've lost alot of weight and I've gained control of my appetite i.e I don't eat much and I'm not hungry all the time. I always worry what will happen when I stop, OMAD which I plan to do in three months. Will I gain my weight back? This story as motivational as it is has reinforced my fear. I think that you need to incorporate some kind of intermittent fasting into your life, even when you stop OMAD.

I'm doing really well on OMAD(In my humble opinion). I've lost alot of weight and I've gained control of my appetite i.e I don't eat much and I'm not hungry all the time. I always worry what will happen when I stop, OMAD which I plan to do in three months. Will I gain my weight back? This story as motivational as it is has reinforced my fear. I think that you need to incorporate some kind of intermittent fasting into your life, even when you stop OMAD.
I think that doing intermittent fasting is a good way to keep from gaining the weight back if you do decide to stop doing OMAD. I have read several different ways that people use to maintain, and IF is one of them . Other people still do OMAD, but not every day, just a few days each week.
Since we have all retrained our appetites to crave less food at meals, and not to be snacking all day, we would just naturally be eating less at mealtimes , even if we changed from one meal back to several meals.
When you do go into maintaining your weight, I am looking forward to hearing how you decide to do this, @jaymish .

Sometime we fall out our cherished lifestyl e and dieting. When we do, it is with repercussions like regaining lost weight.

Am happy you realized and came back to OMAD. You will make it great this time.
Yeaah in most times when we fall out it comes with repersussions for sure and I have seen this in a friend of mine. They had started dieting although it was not Omad and they felt like it was too much strain and they stopped. They put on kilos on an accelerated rate and I think the body has a way of responding quickly when you stop dieting because one gains weight waay too fast.

Yeaah in most times when we fall out it comes with repersussions for sure and I have seen this in a friend of mine. They had started dieting although it was not Omad and they felt like it was too much strain and they stopped. They put on kilos on an accelerated rate and I think the body has a way of responding quickly when you stop dieting because one gains weight waay too fast.
That is the reason why once we begin something we have to take it to the end. In fact it was hard starting OMAD that I would not want to fallout. Restarting will be quite hard. I wouldn't love the shed out weight to come back haunting me.

That is the reason why once we begin something we have to take it to the end. In fact it was hard starting OMAD that I would not want to fallout. Restarting will be quite hard. I wouldn't love the shed out weight to come back haunting me.
It is like when you have slid back from something that you truly believed in and now have to go back. The hardest part is always keeping up with the pattern after restarting since you have to avoid all the temptations that made you abandon the belief. It can be activities or bad influence from friends that you used to do things together.