Not so Newbie week 7

Week 7 – 181.5 still down 18.5 pounds. It’s been awhile since I posted but I wanted to update. I’m still loving OMAD, I’d rather OMAD than eat during the day. We took that long driving trip to Washington DC, which was fun, but wasn’t OMAD friendly. On the day I left I weighed 181.5 and 8 days later I was 189! I didn’t gain 7.5 pounds of fat, I was down to 184 pretty quickly, but it took a full 2 weeks to get back to my pre-trip starting weight. This was hindered by all the Easter meals too. I was miserable that weekend. But I’m back on track and really prefer this way of eating. Besides the weight loss, there are other NSVs (non-scale victories) as well. I have more energy and better focus at work and I completed a 5k in a 9:55 per mile pace. Not bad for 60.

The next 2 weeks will be interesting. My wife will be gone out of town to help her mom through surgery and will be away. While she’s gone my plan is to attempt my first 3 day fast. What’s so great is to break a fast you just gotta eat, so it’ll work or not. I’ve read 3 day fast are great for autophagy and the immune system, so there’s that! I think I’ve lost the brand newbie status now!

I'm in bounce-back from Easter mode right now. I ate so much and so often for 2 days. My weight definitely went up, but it's coming back down. I weigh every day just to see the fluctuations and I'm trying to figure out which foods are causing my weight to go up or stay the same and which are helping it to come down. So far, carbs and sodium seem to make me hold water. More "testing" is needed to say for sure though. I'm ok with losing slow though. As long as I'm not gaining or maintaining I'm happy. I'm in week 6, or maybe 7, I'm losing track, and I'm down about 10 lbs. I've had some flub-ups along the way, but it's getting easier.

I did a 47 hour water only fast and it went pretty well except for about an hour one night where my body tried to convince me that I was starving to death. I won though and stuck to the fast. I'd like to try a 3-day fast but I need to mentally prepare myself first. I'm getting a good handle on food, but I still need to work on the mental side of things more.

Let us know how the fast goes, who knows, maybe I'll try for next week to do mine if I can work it into my schedule so no one has to deal with my hangry emotions. I have heard good things too about autophagy and how a 3 day fast can reboot your immune system.

Reactions: TES
I'm in bounce-back from Easter mode right now. I ate so much and so often for 2 days. My weight definitely went up, but it's coming back down. I weigh every day just to see the fluctuations and I'm trying to figure out which foods are causing my weight to go up or stay the same and which are helping it to come down. So far, carbs and sodium seem to make me hold water. More "testing" is needed to say for sure though. I'm ok with losing slow though. As long as I'm not gaining or maintaining I'm happy. I'm in week 6, or maybe 7, I'm losing track, and I'm down about 10 lbs. I've had some flub-ups along the way, but it's getting easier.

I did a 47 hour water only fast and it went pretty well except for about an hour one night where my body tried to convince me that I was starving to death. I won though and stuck to the fast. I'd like to try a 3-day fast but I need to mentally prepare myself first. I'm getting a good handle on food, but I still need to work on the mental side of things more.

Let us know how the fast goes, who knows, maybe I'll try for next week to do mine if I can work it into my schedule so no one has to deal with my hangry emotions. I have heard good things too about autophagy and how a 3 day fast can reboot your immune system.

I’m thinking Monday night to Thursday night for my fast, unless I get a better offer.