New to the forum

Hi! I just started OMAD for the second time. i did it once before but it became impossible for a short time and then didn't restart it until now. I am trying out an idea and i'm curious what any veteran OMAD dieters think about it. Here's the idea: i'm doing a cycle that lasts 16 days and restarts, the first day i eat at 8 A.M., the next at 9 A.M. and so on all the way to 10 P.M. the day after 10 P.M. meal i fast totally for the entire day and then start back at 8 the next day. the point is twofold: to break the monotany of having to always eat at the same time, and also to make the fast an hour longer each day for 15 solid days. any input is welcome, good or bad. Thanks Guys!

That sounds like a really interesting OMAD cycle, and I have never heard of anyone doing this before; so I am really interested in hearing each day how this is working ou for you, @OMADMartialArtist .
Welcome to the forum, and it sounds like you have a lot of valuable insight into doing OMAD, as well as keeping fit with a healthy diet. We have people here of all ages and skills with OMAD, some are just starting and some have been doing this for a while now.

That sounds like a really interesting OMAD cycle, and I have never heard of anyone doing this before; so I am really interested in hearing each day how this is working ou for you, @OMADMartialArtist .
Welcome to the forum, and it sounds like you have a lot of valuable insight into doing OMAD, as well as keeping fit with a healthy diet. We have people here of all ages and skills with OMAD, some are just starting and some have been doing this for a while now.
I will reply with updates then. right now i have completed the first full day of fasting which was yesterday(i figured it made sense to kickstart progress by doing that at the beginning not the end of the cycle) and today i had my first 8 A.M. meal. I was already eating somewhere close to keto before this and as far as i can tell i am in some level of ketosis already.

Update: Supposed to be 9 A.M. meal today. for some reason i felt quite nauseous at that time and didn't think i could eat any solid food so i sipped some juice to settle my stomach and slept off the nausea. Woke again around 12:20 i then ate some yogurt, bacon, and eggs along with some more juice. i feel fine now and i don't feel bad that i broke my fasting protocol because listening to what your body can and can't take should take priority. i think i will simply start tomorrow with my 1:00 meal so as not to cause any further shortening of fasting times

That sounds like it was the best way to deal with the situation, and eating when you feel nauseated is not usually a good thing. For me, part of doing OMAD, is learning to listen to my body when it is signaling me about food, whether I need food, or have eaten enough, or am just not hungry right then, even if it is when I planned to eat.

I usually eat somewhere between 11-3, depending on when we get back from the fitness center, and if we go anywhere else after that.

Update: I've adjusted quite well to this pattern and i am finding it more and more effortless. even at the 23rd hour i feel just the same as if i had eaten at normal intervals. i haven't experienced any further negative symptoms since i posted about my nausea. I feel excellent and i have not had any reduction in my athletic performance either. I feel confident that this is a plan i can truly maintain for the long haul. i haven't been tracking macros or calories, however i am eating until comfortably full and it seems to be sufficient but certainly not too much. i also am mostly avoiding grain and sugar, but i don't feel the need to be strict about this so i have some if i really want it.