New to OMAD - Please help me out!

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned, I am new to OMAD (going on 2 months) I have tons of energy and don't miss the other meals, but I'm not losing weight. Why not?

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned, I am new to OMAD (going on 2 months) I have tons of energy and don't miss the other meals, but I'm not losing weight. Why not?

How have you been following your omad protocol? Do you follow the 4 ones rule? Give us an idea of your omad diet and we can start from there.

How have you been following your omad protocol? Do you follow the 4 ones rule? Give us an idea of your omad diet and we can start from there.
Guess I've been pretty inconsistent. I probably eat some nuts, crackers and then dinner within a two hour period. Will try and incorporate the 4 ones, and stick to them.

Guess I've been pretty inconsistent. I probably eat some nuts, crackers and then dinner within a two hour period. Will try and incorporate the 4 ones, and stick to them.

I had this problem too for awhile. I found when I stuck to the 4 ones rule, that's when I finally seen results with omad. It really does work, but you have to be consistent with your eating habits.

Welcome to the forum, @Forbo , and don’t worry about asking any kind of question here, because that is what this forum is intended for, and that is for us to discuss our questions with each other.
I think that any time we make changes, it can take a while for our body to adjust, but some people see results a lot faster than other people. I think that we follow the basic guidelines that Jimmy has put on the main website, eat healthy foods, and take care of our body, then better health and (hopefully) weight loss should follow .
I have found that i do much better at not feeling hungry when I stick to low carb foods, and a large salad with my meal helps me to feel satisfied, and adds nourishment, and not a lot of extra calories or carbs.

I think I'm struggling with the what to / how much to eat within the 1 hour eating window. I know that in the 4 ones, it mentions 1 plate, but in my head I don't know that I would be eating enough...

I think I'm struggling with the what to / how much to eat within the 1 hour eating window. I know that in the 4 ones, it mentions 1 plate, but in my head I don't know that I would be eating enough...

Hi. Jimmy recommends to get at least 1200 calories. If you can give us some examples of your meals we will be able to help you out and make sure that you are eating enough.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. My meals vary, simply because my wife is not doing the one meal a day thing. So we will have a steak/chicken and cauliflower and broccoli; or we will have wraps (I'll probably have 2); I might have a bowl of spaghetti; I might have a pizza over the weekend. Only eating between 18:00 and 19:00 though

It sounds like you are eating healthy meals, @Forbo , protein and vegetables, for the most part, and an occasional high-carb meal.
Because we are each different, what works for one person does not always work for another person; so we have to be our own guinea pigs (so o speak) and see what foods and how much works for each of us.
Because I am older, and not very active, my body requires a whole lot less food than someone else requires, or even what I needed when I was younger and more active.

The fact that you have a lot of energy is a good indicator. Myself I've had it as well, however, in order to lose weight you gotta train as well, maybe joggling. How much do you weight, if you mind me asking?

The fact that you have a lot of energy is a good indicator. Myself I've had it as well, however, in order to lose weight you gotta train as well, maybe joggling. How much do you weight, if you mind me asking?
Thanks for your your reply. I weight 83kgs (1.79 height) and the traing isnt an issue, I am currently training for another ironman 70.3. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I start loosing significant weight...