Need help !

I have been doing OMAD for 8 months now and lost over 50 pounds . I have jiggly and squishy fat at my belly , thighs and arms . I have been researching and found the “whoosh effect” . Some said it’s true but some don’t . What should I do to get rid of the squishy fat ?

Last edited:
I don't know, my belly fat also is gone when I started doing abs exercises. It really toned my muscles especially in tummy. Maybe ask some experts about that. I haven't heard about woosh effect.

I am definitely not an expert with this but what I can share is that when I also had that effect on my belly, I was able to get rid of it by doing ab exercises and so exercises that could stretch your belly. However, it would take a lot of time to see the effects but it's really worth it if you do it regularly especially that having flat belly and of course abs is a great achievement for someone who wants to lose weight.

I don’t know if you’ve heard of this, but there is something called the “skinny-fat” phenomenon. It’s what people refer to as the body type that is both skinny yet somehow fat at the same time. You might be a fairly moderate body fat percentage, but somehow you still have a squishy, fat belly. I personally had this body type for the longest time, but not so much these days.

Two things helped me solve this issue. The first was exercise. I noticed when I started exercising regularly and doing abdominal workouts, my stomach began to tighten up. I still had the same body fat percentage, but my stomach became vastly firmer.

The other thing that helped was to improve my posture. I spent most of my life with a somewhat hunched over posture, and that ended up making my belly look much fatter and feel softer than it actually was. Standing up straight with a proper posture helped remedy that.

Good day there!

Soft squishy fat is the opposite problem of what I have. I have hard fat that I'm trying to get rid of, and currently unsuccesful with (with the help of OMAD I'm hoping to solve this issue).
I'd say squishy fat is easier to get rid of, maybe by doing a lot of sport that consumes prolonged endurance (joggling for example).

I'm not sure that the whoosh effect means what you have described. My understanding is that the whoosh effect is when you notice that you are not loosing weight and you feel those squish fat cells. They are suddenly released and you notice on the scale or any other way you measure your weight loss, that you have lost weight. I call this a plateau that you suddenly break. The way to break it is to keep doing what you have been doing because this is a natural process of weight loss.

The so-called “whoosh effect” actually has nothing at all to do with having soft squishy fat, on your belly, or anywhere else. What this refers to is when you are first starting to lose weight, and burning fat cells, often your body will retain water instead, so that your weight stays the same when you step on the scales each morning.
Eventually, your body will flush out all of that excess water (especially if you have only protein for that day) and then you will seem to drop several pounds overnight.
Actually, you have been burning fat all along, and have only lost water weight, but it still can make a dramatic change in how you feel and how your clothes fit.

As far as having soft flab at your stomach area, I think that @DenisP is absolutely correct, just exercising more should help to build muscle and firm up your abs.

You can get rid of fats totally, not with OMAD only. Try to go to a gym and exercise. It'll help you tone up your muscles so that your fats won't go squishy and fluffy all around your body. I am not sure if whoosh effect has something to do with it but all you can do is to tone it up so that it'll make your body slim and fit.