Meditation during OMAD

I would recommend meditating when doing OMAD because it develops your concentration and focusing skills giving you a clear state of mind. Also meditation is a great stress reliever and problem solver. Meditation is basically unclutterring your mind by thinking one thought at a time after which you can clearly program your mind like a computer.

I have read a post in social media that yoga can help a person who is on a diet. It can strengthen the resolve to avoid eating. With meditation, I think it is the same effect like that of yoga except that meditation is not as strict in terms of discipline. When you are on a diet, your mind is actually roaming around the diet like the food that you need to avoid and the time that you will eat. If you can meditate then the roaming around of your mind will stop and you can concentrate on what you need to do.

I'd be wary doing meditation and dieting at the same time. I mean meditation is an effort of the mind to focus on something for deeper awareness. In short, there is a great amount of thinking that is going on in meditation and as such energy is being used. And if energy is given by food, where will I get the energy for meditation if I'm on a diet? But contemplation is another thing. It's just allowing oneself to be immersed in the goodness of God or the beauty of nature and makes our body just attuned to nature, without effort.

Meditation is good. Maybe for some people who have a strong mind and will power. For me, I think it will not work even if I struggle to do it. I'd rather doing physical exercises. My mind is not good in cooperating especially when my stomach is hungry. Their are not friends.

A lot of people tend to confuse the different types of meditation. I’ve been studying meditation and other esoteric spiritual practices for something like 6 years now, and I’ve come to learn that meditation is an umbrella term and not a single practice.

What aceomad001 is referring to is contemplative meditation, and is just one example of meditation. While contemplative meditation has its uses, many traditions encourage the absence of thought while meditating, or what's known as mindfulness meditation. This form of meditation is what I do because it isn’t about thinking or coming to any sort of conclusions, but simply being aware of what is happening. You’re not attached to any one thought or idea, but rather acknowledging that thoughts come and go like clouds in an open sky.

With enough practice in mindfulness meditation, eventually the clouds in your mind will clear, leaving only the open sky--perfect stillness and silence.

I do alot of meditation during my fasting period because it helps clear my mind and head.it seem sometimes food keeps us away from thinking critically.i noticed that during my fast period I'm more at rest than when I'm filled and feeling dull and drowsy.Adding meditation to OMAD diet is a great way to go in keeping both the mind and eyes open.

I guess there could be differing effects of meditation. On the contrary I found that if I stay still, my mind wanders of to food and there are far much more temptation. I think I would need to keep moving while pondering on strengthening my resolve. That is why I do Shibashi.

Even without being on OMAD, meditation is a very good thing to get involved with because it helps with mind development, focus and concentration. Meditation helps with breath control and it regulates blood pressure.

I'm not really sure what benefits it would offer in OMAD other than helping you deal with the hunger pangs because you will defeat the hunger in your mind.

Thanks for this recommendation. I am actually thinking of meditating before but I forgot about it after I got so busy from preparing for my graduation next year. Meditating is definitely helpful even when you are not dieting and a school friend of mine is doing it as well as a therapy for her headaches which is caused by the after effects of her head surgery.

I agree. It could help us to stay motivated and dedicated on doing OMAD. It could make us feel energized and relaxed that could help us althroughout the day. Meditating is a good form of exercise not only to the body but also to our minds.

I would recommend meditating when doing OMAD because it develops your concentration and focusing skills giving you a clear state of mind. Also meditation is a great stress reliever and problem solver. Meditation is basically unclutterring your mind by thinking one thought at a time after which you can clearly program your mind like a computer.
Meditation is great for the body, mind, and spirit. Not just when doing OMAd but every day. Meditation should become a habit for everyone as it helps you to keep focused for the entire day. Doing it yields more result than not doing it, I can prove it since I tried this myself. Ten minutes is enough for me but more would be good too.

I used to meditate before I started doing Omad and this is something that I always enjoy. One thing that I enjoy about combining meditation and Omad is that it strengthens your resolute to keep pushing towards the goal of doing Omad as well.

What I have found that helps me is to listen to one of the guided meditations. You can get apps that have a guided meditation on it, and you can also find an abundance of them on youtube. Some are just subliminal music, and some are more like a state of self-hypnosis, and leading you into being aware of the food you eat, and learning to eat healthier meals, as well as losing weight.
I often put one on at night when I go to bed and listen with headphones on to get the full effect of the stereo input, which is especially important for subliminal messages.

I agree. Meditation can help you not only in health but also spiritually. You’ll turn out to be so thankful in life that quickly all of the cribbing will fade away. To have discovered grasp on this life is my great ever present. Even if a day hasn't been one predicted, the meditation shushes away it all and the night makes it lovely.

I recommend Qigong while fasting too, it contrasts with the energy boost from fasting nicely, it is also meditation, especially if you do the standing type like zhan zhoung.

Well, essentially meditation is same like yoga, though I appreciate a good quality time to relax, but this isn't my thing at all. When I sit down and meditate/do yoga I begin to feel my stomach crumble for more food, that's why I do jogging, as it starts to consume belly fat.