Intermittent Fasting may increase human lifespan !

We have known for several years now that intermittent fasting could help with slowing down the aging process, but the scientists didn’t understand the whole reason why this worked.
Now, a new Harvard study has shown that intermittent fasting, or genetic engineering to produce the same results, could actually increase a person’s life span.
“The study, published Oct. 26 online in Cell Metabolism, sheds light on the basic biology involved in cells’ declining ability to process energy over time, which leads to aging and age-related disease, and how interventions such as periods of fasting might promote healthy aging.”

The study used nematode worms, which have a life cycle of only two weeks, so they were able to effectively study the whole lifecycle in a short period of time. What they discovered was that when the worms were subjected to intermittent fasts, their body worked to keep their cells functioning at the same level as when they were younger.

Here is the link to the article, which explains the whole study and how everything worked.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...fasting-may-be-center-of-increasing-lifespan/

Very welcome information. We all want to live longer. So the only way to do so is to keep the cells functioning at the same level they did when they were younger. If intermittent fasting can do this then I recimmend it as a lifestyle. Very vital information indeed.

If people knew that intermittent fasting can make them live longer then I'm sure that there would be more of them who are actually willing to fast not only because they want to lose weight but for the simple reason that they will live longer.

If I have to be 100% honest, I'm going to use this in future to motivate people to make an attempt to fast and if they do then it would be a lot easier for them to convince them to try the one meal a day diet since it has lots of health benefits!

If people knew that intermittent fasting can make them live longer then I'm sure that there would be more of them who are actually willing to fast not only because they want to lose weight but for the simple reason that they will live longer.

If I have to be 100% honest, I'm going to use this in future to motivate people to make an attempt to fast and if they do then it would be a lot easier for them to convince them to try the one meal a day diet since it has lots of health benefits!
Intermittent fasting is a life saver. Imagine it helps people with diabetes and high blood pressure.

It speeds up your metabolism and changes your hormone functioning. Intermittent fasting goes a long way to save life.

Intermittent fasting is a life saver. Imagine it helps people with diabetes and high blood pressure.

It speeds up your metabolism and changes your hormone functioning. Intermittent fasting goes a long way to save life.

It really does and it is kind of a shame that most people will be too skeptical of not only the idea of this but how doable it really is for everyone so a lot of them will most likely not give it a try and miss out on such an easy and natural way to reverse some diseases or at least make it a lot easier on the body to cure those ailments. I do admit figuring out how to eat just once a day when you've gotten so used to three meals a day is a bit of a challenge, but I think the part that scares most people is the hunger and they just don't realize that the hunger is lessened once they eat less, and I think that's the real disappointing part here.

There is no science on it yet. However the today's research indicates that Intermittent fasting and prolonged encourages cell regeneration, and the prevention and remedy of our common illnesses like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disorder, diabetes, most cancers, coronary heart sickness, weight problems. understanding that, for me I would say that yes, fasting will increase life expectancy.

When you are healthy on a very long term basis, it's very possible that you are unknowingly improving your lifespan because you don't get to suffering from one sickness or another which impacts negatively on your health organs. But when you are fully healthy always, you have a higher possibility of life longevity.