Can I have creamer in my coffee on omad?

O

Omadlifestyle

I've been hesitating to ask this and I don't know if someone has recently posted this question. I drink coffee in the morning and use creamer. I don't have anything to eat until dinner, when my 1 hour window opens. I'm i just spinning my wheels here by having the creamer?

If you're not getting hunger pains, then keep doing what you're doing. Trust me, if there's no nutrition there for your body to operate on (such as a little creamer), the body will revert back to fasting very quickly. The amount of calories you're consuming isn't even worth your body's time.

I use half and half (3 Tblsp), and 1 packet of Stevia. Less calories that way. I just can't drink it black, and won't give up my morning coffee. I've lost 22 pounds so far, so I don't believe it's hurting me. I save my regular sweetened creamer for my eating window.

I drink my coffee black with no creamy because I believe creamy is loaded with calories and might thwart my efforts with OMAD,it will be better to take it without the cream at atleast for a while but I'm taking more of just water now.

I don't drink coffee but a lot of people are saying coffee helps a lot especially in diet. I think having a coffee creamer is okay as long as it can sustain you for a day. In Interment fasting, the most important thing is when to have a meal than what to have for meal.

I use half and half (3 Tblsp), and 1 packet of Stevia. Less calories that way. I just can't drink it black, and won't give up my morning coffee. I've lost 22 pounds so far, so I don't believe it's hurting me. I save my regular sweetened creamer for my eating window.
If you're not getting hunger pains, then keep doing what you're doing. Trust me, if there's no nutrition there for your body to operate on (such as a little creamer), the body will revert back to fasting very quickly. The amount of calories you're consuming isn't even worth your body's time.

So...what you are saying is if I have a few tablespoons of half and half in my morning coffee and only one cup, it won’t mess up my fasting?
I love my morning coffee drinking it in bed while watching the news. I try the black coffee but it is not tne same and I dont like the taste of black coffee. Not even worth drinking.
And the whole reason for not breaking fast is because it starts hunger pains?

If you’re serious about fasting and losing weight, I’m going to put this bluntly: cut all your bargaining and stick to zero-calorie drinks during your fasting window.

Most people think “what could a little creamer possibly do,” but the simple fact is it’s going to be enough to trigger an insulin response in your body. Once you trigger that response, your body is going to start storing your fat again as opposed to burning it.

Now, is it going to be that great of an impact? It depends on your own metabolism. Some people are going to snap back quicker than others, but in my opinion, it isn’t worth experimenting with. If you really need the cream with your coffee, then go for a zero-carb alternative so as to minimize any possible insulin response.

Maybe that is true..I was actually a one meal a day eater until I was 45 years old. I still had creamer in my coffee every morning.
I weighed no more than 115lbs. It was only after going vegetarian and eating a lot of carbs plus becoming hypothroid that I gained weight.
I cant help but wonder if it was the vegetarian high carb consumption, the hypothyroidism or the fact that I stopped smoking all at the came time that caused the weight gain i cant seem to lose..I now weight 148lbs. That is 33 lbs since 1996. Not bad, you think, but its all body fat on my small frame and I developed HBP and So now on HBP pills so fat loss is “almost” impossible. All the other diets say I have to eat breakfast. I dont like breakfast.
If I have to give up 0 carb creamer to lose the body fat, I will. But I tell you at my age I really look forward to my one cup of coffee with cream, especially in the morning. I tried the black coffee and yuk.
So what do ya’ll think? ( Im from Texas, lol)

So...what you are saying is if I have a few tablespoons of half and half in my morning coffee and only one cup, it won’t mess up my fasting?
I love my morning coffee drinking it in bed while watching the news. I try the black coffee but it is not tne same and I dont like the taste of black coffee. Not even worth drinking.
And the whole reason for not breaking fast is because it starts hunger pains?

If you are eating low-carb now, then having cream in your morning coffee is not going to spike insulin, but it would stop your fast. If you are having your meal of the day later in the day, then it might stop the fasting. The recommendation for intermittent fasting is at least 16 hours per day, so if you have your OMAD meal in the early afternoon, it will be digested, and you will have plenty of fasting by the next morning. If you are using heavy cream in your coffee, then there is very little carbohydrate in it, so it should not spike insulin or cause hunger.
You can also have bulletproof coffee, which is coffee and cream with a spoon of coconut oil blended in, and that will really help you to feel full longer.

If it is possible, try and take the coffee with no cream. This is the only way that you are able to enjoy some good times. Also, understand that the main goal of doing Omad is to reduce weight, so always check if it is working fine for you or not.

If it is possible, try and take the coffee with no cream. This is the only way that you are able to enjoy some good times. Also, understand that the main goal of doing Omad is to reduce weight, so always check if it is working fine for you or not.
Ok, thank you. That did clear up some confusion. So no cream until i lose the weight I want then i assume I can do low or no carb for maintenance.
Makes sense.

Hello!

I'd say based on personal experience, that it would be difficult. As "DebbieInTexas" wrote, it usually starts hunger pains, and it hurts quite bad.
In terms of losing weight it could work, the whole point of OMAD is primarily loss of weight.

Personally, I just stay away from everything while I'm in fasting just to be safe. I know that coffee is supposed to be okay and drinking tea is fine too, but even those I stay away from just because I'm too paranoid. I would recommend this to others too unless they really need coffee but that's about it, because to me, the risk of breaking a whole day's worth of sacrifice is just not worth the momentary enjoyment.

@Naomi what a ninja. How do you survive?I can't survive without coffee because it helps me with the hunger pangs. I have tried tea but this simply does not work for me, If I have tea I can't survive for 23 hours, I break my fast at 16 hours which I don't think is as effective. Most people say water helps them to get through the 23 hours but it does not work for me, especially in the winter. I actually have only a little water and have the rest after my meal when I'm thirsty. I think cream is a big no when intermittent fasting, the last time I checked anything over 50 calories will break your fast.

Personally I prefer plain black coffee with a bit sugar in it. Creamer includes fats, sugar, and protein, so that it's far a source of calories rather than sugar. That is all processed simple carbohydrates and could cause an insulin spike, and additionally consists of nutrients like calcium.

It's very important to keep in mind that adding any sugar or sweetener in your drinks during your fasting window would ruin fast. So, in my opinion if you can avoid using cream to take your coffee, it would be a lot better.

As one of the users above wrote if you're not having any hunger pains then you're good to go! Myself I was an addictive coffee drinker, but during OMAD it did more harm than good for me. It never stopped the stomach crumbles.