I started yesterday.

I was doing the GOLO diet but realized it was too time comsuming. They want you to eat 3 meals a day no matter what. And it has to be certain combination of things. I found that I cannot eat when I am not hungry. All my life until I got low thyroid at age 45 I only ate once a day. Even after 5 babies I never weighed over 105 lbs. I never dieted . I ate what ever I wanted. The only time I ever weighed more than 105 was Army basic training and I weighed 115 lbs. they make you eat 3 times a day. But ever since I delveloped hypothyroidism and was going through menopause, i now weigh 145- 150 lbs and I hate it. Ive tried every diet around but none was sustainable. So I thought maybe I should go back to how I ate my entire life before thyroid problems. I hope this works since I also have HBP from overweight and need to get rid of the HBP.
I am 65 years old. I am active but I hate routine exercise. I get bored with it too easy.
Any sugestions on how to stop the hunger pains until i get used to it would help.
Also I do enjoy a cup of coffee with lot of half and half when I first wake up. I dont want to get rid of the creamer.

Hello, @DebbieInTexas , and welcome to the OMAD diet forum ! I am also a senior lady and doing OMAD, and I have found that it works better for me than trying to regulate meals and eat less calories, and all of those kinds of diets.
What I did when I started was first changed to an early supper, and didn’t eat after 4 PM, which gave me an overnight fasting window.
When I was comfortable doing that, then I started having a protein drink instead of a regular breakfast, which cut me down even closer.
Once I could do that , then I stopped having the protein drink, although it is still an option on days when I feel like I need something before going to the fitness center to swim.
So, I guess I kind of do a combination of intermittent fasting and one meal a day, depending on what my body seems to need. Some days, I barely get hungry, and one meal is fine, but some days, I wake up and want something to eat in the morning, so then I have the protein drink.
I am losing weight, it is a slow progress, but it is happening, and I am not gaining weight, so as long as it works for me, that is what I am going to keep on doing.
Overall, the longer I am eating this way, the less food it takes for me to feel full, and I am eating less food at my meal.
There is a lot of great information on the main page of this website, and I recommend reading through some of Jimmy’s blog entries, and you should find answers to any questions you have, and lots of good ideas and tips for losing weight, and eating healthier foods.

I began today as well. I found I can go until 4:00 p.m. I had green tea today and water. At 4:00 I had a coconut water mixed with celery juice and green powder and a handful of walnuts. Tonight back to water and green tea. Feel good and ready to do this. I've done many fasts and fasting in life, and I know the benefits of fasting, so makes sense. Plus the results of others sticking to OMAD is very inspirational and I'm committing one day at a time, till Jan. 22nd to see. Let's stick together on this journey.

Welcome to the forum and I believe you are in the right forum where you will read up most of the questions on your mind before even trying to ask. Hungry pangs is eminent with OMAD diet especially for newbies since we will be in a fasted mood most of the time but you should be determined to help yourself achieve your goals.i sip water intermittently to reduce hunger pains maybe you could try same or other liquids.You could check the blog sites for more information.

I began today as well. I found I can go until 4:00 p.m. I had green tea today and water. At 4:00 I had a coconut water mixed with celery juice and green powder and a handful of walnuts. Tonight back to water and green tea. Feel good and ready to do this. I've done many fasts and fasting in life, and I know the benefits of fasting, so makes sense. Plus the results of others sticking to OMAD is very inspirational and I'm committing one day at a time, till Jan. 22nd to see. Let's stick together on this journey.
Hello, @Emme , and welcome to the OMAD diet forum ! !
Since you are already used to fasting, this should be a “piece of cake” for you to do; most of us had very little experience with fasting and have had to get used to doing that, and also read about why it is so beneficial to our health.
It sounds like you are doing a vegan version of OMAD, or at least a plant-based diet. Most of us are eating a lot more vegetables now than we did before we started the one meal a day program, and even the people who didn’t like veggies before have been posting about how much they enjoy them now.

The best way to fill up is veg...eat a head of broccoli and your full. Although fat and protein will sustain folks longer for sure. I am playing with that being a raw vegan, but have found that hemp seeds (complete protein) and fat from nut/seed mylk helps. It's a habit, to snack and taste, and that is hardest I feel to break. To wait once per day. Thank you for encouragement. I want to do it to get leaner, to allow my brain to wash itself and to get the benefits of autophagy with lower insulin levels and blood glucose effects.