I don't like the word Diet.

Hi.

I have changed my eating protocol. If others can label it a "Diet" then so be it....
My 2 penneth worth in case anyone's interests any one or you have suggestions.. A few years ago I got fighting fit and lost over 3 stone under 6 months. Done with rigid gym and food prepping. Low fat, high protien and no simple carbs or sugars. Eating upto 6 times a day to fuel the gym... Food and gym was life.
Roll forward 3 years I put one stone back on and Some injures meaning I didn't want to hit the wieghts hard,,,
So I researched watched some high profile documentaries on, High good fat (KETO) and fasting and after weeks of reading I decided to go for it. The convenience of it is a big draw.. I first converted to KETO.. Then closed the restrictive window... after a month I started OMAD.... That was interesting. I soon found a kilo of kale cooked in butter does not like to hang around in my body for too long....
I'm now starting to build in longer fasts and some calorie restricted days.... When I'm settled I want to up my gym stuff and see how it goes.... I do multivits, plenty of water and salt. Before I eat I drink water, lemon, apple cider vinegar, salt, creatine and l-glutamine.
Anyway, more to follow maybe... I'll update you with and results/problems.

Dave.

Garfield once had a cartoon that said: " Diet is to die with a "t"" I was really amused when I saw that cartoon because I am reminded of so many of our poor folks who have nothing to eat and yet here we are refusing to eat when there is so much food. I say there is no bad food, only a bad attitude of being immoderate in eating foodies.

Yes,I once hated the word diet because it was really frustrating going through them with no visible changes and it was like punishment to the body and anytime I read about a new diet,it never sit well with me.Well,if changing the word can bring the needed change and works like magic and it what anyone needs to succeed with OMAD that would still be great. I believe with OMAD anything we can do to keep us motivated and push us to the goal should be used.

I also hated the word diet before because I thought that eating will bring me joy and happiness. But when I realized that gaining weight as I grow older might be a reason for me to have some diseases. That's why I decided to go on a diet and to be able to have a fit and healthy diet. For me diet is not the absence of food in our body, it is just a way of us controlling our intake of food. As they say, one is enough, two is too much.

I view the word Diet differently than most i think. To most people when they hear the word Diet they think deprivation, losing a couple hard earned pounds and finally giving in to the inevitable binge and gaining it back. To me, diet means the fuel i put in my body, plain and simple. i don't look at it as a task, whether or not it has to be difficult at times. i have always been careful not to let myself gain unnecessary weight, although when i originally started controlling my diet, i knew far less about how to do it, and just used more conventional wisdom. through time and much constant research i have been honing that knowledge to a very broad spectrum of points, but i have never maintained any dieting plan i found to be difficult because i already know the outcome of that, as with everyone else it is failure at some point. For this reason i simply cast aside anything i find unsustainable so that by compiling various more sustainable practices i can maintain long term health and fitness. this is why i don't think of diet the same way, i have no precise pound loss, gain, or even maintenance goal. i simply control my foods in a manner i can maintain till i'm 90 and i know that will never fail because as long as i don't let myself go, i'll never need to work that hard to gain anything back.