Fresh Coconut Juice and Omad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coconut juice is good for the body and especially to the kidneys. I’ve had kidneys stones and the doctor had prescribed coconut water for my regular therapy. It is for the cleansing of my kidneys that will help to prevent the formation of kidney stones. But in OMAD, I guess coconut water has a conflict. The digestive system may not be normal anymore if we are eating just once in a day so it may be sensitive to some properties of coconut water. But personally, I still like to drink coconut water although it should be in moderation because too much coconut water can cause the stomach to be acidic.

Coconut juice is good for the body and especially to the kidneys. I’ve had kidneys stones and the doctor had prescribed coconut water for my regular therapy. It is for the cleansing of my kidneys that will help to prevent the formation of kidney stones. But in OMAD, I guess coconut water has a conflict. The digestive system may not be normal anymore if we are eating just once in a day so it may be sensitive to some properties of coconut water. But personally, I still like to drink coconut water although it should be in moderation because too much coconut water can cause the stomach to be acidic.

That's what doctors are saying that coconut juice are acidic but for me it's one of the healthiest liquids you can drink when your fasting or in a cleansing diet because drinking it won't make you hungry. I've done fasting several times and fresh coconut juice is what I drink with outstanding results. That's why I was shocked to see that it's one of those drinks which are not allowed in OMAD.

That's what doctors are saying that coconut juice are acidic but for me it's one of the healthiest liquids you can drink when your fasting or in a cleansing diet because drinking it won't make you hungry. I've done fasting several times and fresh coconut juice is what I drink with outstanding results. That's why I was shocked to see that it's one of those drinks which are not allowed in OMAD.
I too was also shocked, it's the first time i have heard about coconut is bad for something. Coconut juice has lots of benefits, its good for hydration and it has antioxidants properties. I think a further more study could enlighten us more.

How can coconut juice be unhealthy when during world war 2 american medics were using coconut water as a substitute for dextrose or intravenous fluids because it has the same properties as that given by dextrose. A coconut is a complete food by itself actually but maybe the acidic content or whatever may have contra indications with an empty stomach. We just have to get some scientific citations regarding this.

How can coconut juice be unhealthy when during world war 2 american medics were using coconut water as a substitute for dextrose or intravenous fluids because it has the same properties as that given by dextrose. A coconut is a complete food by itself actually but maybe the acidic content or whatever may have contra indications with an empty stomach. We just have to get some scientific citations regarding this.

I've also read and heard about the uses of fresh coconut juice during world war 2. It was used as a substitute for IV fluids which where quite scarce back then.

I think so too. It could be because of the property or the content of coconut juice which is not compatible with OMAD. It has many benefits on its own. I've also been told to drink it when I had urinary tract infection.

It might also be that processed bottled coconut juice are prohibited because it's not pure. But if it's straight out if the coconut itself, I don't think it could harm the diet.

It isn’t that you shouldn’t drink coconut water while on OMAD, but rather that you shouldn’t drink it during your fasting window. There isn’t anything wrong with drinking it during your meal, and it’s actually recommended because coconut water does a fantastic job of hydrating you. However, even though it has minuscule number of calories (something like 40 calories per coconut), those are still calories and carbs you’re taking in when you’re supposed to be fasting.

A true, pure fast almost always means drinking nothing but water, and some people are okay with unsweetened tea and coffee. If you’re taking in calories, no matter how few, you’re not fasting anymore.

It might also be that processed bottled coconut juice are prohibited because it's not pure. But if it's straight out if the coconut itself, I don't think it could harm the diet.
I want to think that too.coconut juice right from the natural source can't be bad I believe maybe it the package one which I'm not even a fan of.I like coconut juice a lot.

Which coconut juice particularly? Because now a days there are process coconut juice in the market. Maybe that's what the doctor is pertaining too. But I think the fresh one is not harmful at all. My doctor actually rcommended it to me becuase I have UTI. And coconut juice is very helpful to eliminate toxins and acids in our body. Maybe you should ask which one.

Coconut juice is very good for our health but is acidic and this may harm your stomach while you are on a diet no matter what diet you are keeping on, still if you drink a small quantity I don't think will have negative results.

Coconut juice is very good for our health but is acidic and this may harm your stomach while you are on a diet no matter what diet you are keeping on, still if you drink a small quantity I don't think will have negative results.

You may be mistaken because fresh coconut juice is Alkaline not acidic, it's being given to patients with acid reflux here as a treatment beverage.

There is no problem at all with drinking fresh coconut juice during your meal time. However, even though coconut juice or coconut milk is very healthy, it still adds calories and will break your fast, just the same as drinking a glass of orange juice would do.
One cup of coconut water has almost 50 calories and over 9 grams of carbs; so drinking it would spike insulin production, and throw your body out of burning fat ketones.
As far as being healthy, coconuts are one of the healthiest foods you can add to your diet, as far as I am concerned. Besides drinking the fresh juice, you can make a delicious milk product from the coconut meat, and using coconut oil is one of the very best oils to cook with, as long as you are getting the pure virgin coconut oil.
Since coconut oil hardens at a fairly high temperature, it does not work as a salad dressing, or in a green smoothie. I tried that and ended up with all kinds of tiny chunks of hardened coconut oil.
However, there is another option, and that is fractionated coconut oil, which is a stable liquid. It has been processed more than pure coconut oil, but is still a good option for salad dressings or smoothies.

Overall, it is amazing how many benefits there are from using fresh coconuts, or coconut oil, in our daily diets.
http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

There is no denying the fact that coconut water isn't healthy for one to drink. One coconut with enough water inside contains a decent amount calories and carbs. Taking it ordinarily doesn't pose any harm to one's health but it's best to skip taking coconut water during one's fasting period. Even if you feel very tasty, it's best to go for just water then coconut water as a result of its calories content.

Ooooh You juat made me to go rereading that post looking for more clues. Google as the loyal friend they have been has come through for me as always. Turns out coconut water contains high carbs levels.

Base from what I have read before, coconut water is healthy but it also contain calories especially if you add a flavor like milk and sugar. It has been said that if your are trying to lose weight, coconut water is not suitable drink or it's not good as an alternative drink to water. If your working out at the gym and you drink coconut water, the calories you burned during your exercise will cancelled by that coconut water so it's not a good drink especially if you are still trying to lose weight. I think it's okay if you are just maintaining your weight.

You may also try coconut water while doing Omad, just drink it during your window hour. Coconut water really affects the acidity if you drink it when you have empty stomach.

There is nothing wrong in drining coconut juice when you are doing Omad but ensure that you do so when it's time to eat. This way, you will avoid unnecessary setbacks with your Omad goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.