Omad Four hour window question

Hi I was read about the four ones. Can someone explain why there is a 4 hour window if you only eat for one hour? Maybe I am over thinking it?

Hello, @Shannonr , and welcome to the OMAD forum ! We are excited to have a new person, and hoping that you will just jump into the conversations with any questions and comments that you may have.

Here is how I understand the 4 hours eating window. You only eat one meal, but it might not be exactly the same time each day. My eating window is from 11-3, which means that somewhere in between those two times, I will eat my meal.
Since my schedule can run differently each day, some days, I might be eating early (say around 11AM), and other days, maybe I am gone somewhere and don’t get back home until after 2PM, so then my eating window would be closer to the 3PM deadline.
I don’t eat for a whole hour, either. Jimmy recommends (on the main website for this forum) that we use a small plate, and only fill it once; so it is not like we are supposed to eat everything that we can for an hour straight.
I try to choose fresh, healthy foods for my meals; but that does not mean that I do that every time. A pizza will sneak in every now and then, it seems like.
But mainly, it is some protein, some salad, and vegetables/fruit.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I was read about the four ones. Can someone explain why there is a 4 hour window if you only eat for one hour? Maybe I am over thinking it?

Hi @Shannonr and welcome to the forums! I would be happy to explain the "4 ones" rule. The reason for the 4-hour window is to maximize the benefits that intermittent fasting (such as omad) provides by being consistent in your eating patterns. For example, let's say you eat your meal at 8pm. The next day, you awake and eat your meal at 10am. In this example, you have only given yourself a fasting period of 14 hours. By setting a 4-hour eating window, you stay consistent in being that you will get at least a least a 20 hour fasting period. The reason for the 1-hour meal is to create a disciplined and structured way of eating. Maintaining a consistent eating structure is just as important as your fasting period to maximize your long-term results.

Hi @Shannonr and welcome to the forums! I would be happy to explain the "4 ones" rule. The reason for the 4-hour window is to maximize the benefits that intermittent fasting (such as omad) provides by being consistent in your eating patterns. For example, let's say you eat your meal at 8pm. The next day, you awake and eat your meal at 10am. In this example, you have only given yourself a fasting period of 14 hours. By setting a 4-hour eating window, you stay consistent in being that you will get at least a least a 20 hour fasting period. The reason for the 1-hour meal is to create a disciplined and structured way of eating. Maintaining a consistent eating structure is just as important as your fasting period to maximize your long-term results.
This is so very helpful! Thank you so much!