Eating Foods That Taste Good to You Might Be Better For You !

This afternoon, I was reading a really interesting article about how our minds nad our bodies interact when digesting food, and the article claims that when we are eating foods that look good to us and that we enjoy the taste of, we actually can digest them better.
As amazing as that seems, it apparently was proven out in studies of people being given food that they liked and foods they didn’t like. One example was a Thai dish that was given to a group of Thai volunteers, as well as group of Swedish volunteers. The Thai volunteers loved the dish and got more nutrients from eating it than the Swedish volunteers, who’d dodn’t Like how the food tasted.
Then, they took the same food ingredients, but prepared it differently, where it was all mushy and didn’t look appealing, and the Thai volunteers thought it tasted awful, and this time they got a whopping 70% less nutrients from eating the very same foods than they did when it looked and tasted good to them.

Of course, this does not mean that we should live on cupcakes and apple pie, just because we crave that; but it does mean that we will probably have better digestion from the foods we do eat if we prepare them in a way that looks and tastes great to us.
The article does say that it is fine to indulge in those treat foods now and then, if you have a special craving for something, and of course, we would be doing that during our one meal, so it is not like that would be the only thing we were eating, and it would be part of whatever our meal included.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/healthy-eating/science-says-healthiest-food-food-you-actually-want-eat

This afternoon, I was reading a really interesting article about how our minds nad our bodies interact when digesting food, and the article claims that when we are eating foods that look good to us and that we enjoy the taste of, we actually can digest them better.
As amazing as that seems, it apparently was proven out in studies of people being given food that they liked and foods they didn’t like. One example was a Thai dish that was given to a group of Thai volunteers, as well as group of Swedish volunteers. The Thai volunteers loved the dish and got more nutrients from eating it than the Swedish volunteers, who’d dodn’t Like how the food tasted.
Then, they took the same food ingredients, but prepared it differently, where it was all mushy and didn’t look appealing, and the Thai volunteers thought it tasted awful, and this time they got a whopping 70% less nutrients from eating the very same foods than they did when it looked and tasted good to them.

Of course, this does not mean that we should live on cupcakes and apple pie, just because we crave that; but it does mean that we will probably have better digestion from the foods we do eat if we prepare them in a way that looks and tastes great to us.
The article does say that it is fine to indulge in those treat foods now and then, if you have a special craving for something, and of course, we would be doing that during our one meal, so it is not like that would be the only thing we were eating, and it would be part of whatever our meal included.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/healthy-eating/science-says-healthiest-food-food-you-actually-want-eat
Some thought to digest here. The food should be prepared to be tasty. Tasty food is what is termed as delicious I hope. Nutritious is that with the necessary nutrients. Now are we talking about tasty and nutritious or tasty and delicious? We tend to overule nutrition with delicasy

Well I prepare tasty and nutritious food. This article is interesting. It only shows us how our minds and body connects and trick us somehow. Some says too that tasty foods are dangerous because it has a lot of add ons. For me, I just love eating what I like.

I prepare always a bread and some banana and calamansi juice to make my tummy happy

Welcome to our OMAD forum, @Jersy ! Are you just now starting the OMAD eating plan, or have you been doing this for a while now ? What is calamansi juice ? It must be something that we either do not have here in the United states, or we call it by a different name here.

Hi im just starting omad eating plan, this is the picture of calamansi juice I don't know how to call it. images-1.jpg

Calamansi is like small lemons, sour and acidic. It's more like a junior version of lime, by the looks of it. But I think it has more of the acidity that lime and lemon possess. Very interesting, but personally, I love all kinds of food, so I don't think it wuld really matter that much to me if I prepare them differently or not. As long as they taste good to me, I will eat it.

While doing Omad, I always find a balance to eat what I like. I enjoy potatoes or plantain porridge and since I noticed that it is okay for my diet plan, I ended up eating more of it since it is nutritious as well.

When food looks appealing even if it isn't delicious there is a high probability that even if someone would have had less of it, their minds might prompt them to eat more. I've noticed that at some parties. The garnishing makes people eat more.

What I didn't know though is that if you eat food which like it will be digested better. This information is valuable to someone doing OMAD. Just eating your favorite meal once a day can get you all the nutrients your body needs to get through the day.

I also think that eating delicious food can really help us digest our food better. That is why maybe chefs or cooks do such thing as plating to make their food appealing and tasty. Especially when we know that it is one of our favorite foods, we are more likely to digest faster because we want to eat more. That sometimes eating that food will make you feel satisfied for your OMAD the whole day which is good.

Well, yeah. The mind is really powerful. Our mind sets what we want and what we like. Our mind give us the drive to eat something such our favorite foods. We condition ourselves that we like something and our body follows it.

Interestingly enough, there's also been research that's shown we like foods that we associate with positive memories and positivity helps with accomplishing tasks and work, so it makes sense that if you're eating food that you like it would lead to you getting more nutrients and being more successful with your work.