Dry fasting & Omad

Hello everyone, been fasting for about a year, with great results lost over 85lbs. and for the last few months I pushed it and just eat once a day, hour window. and also twice a month I do a 48hour just water fast. I just started messing around and incorporated dry fasting along with the Omad. I usually break my water fast around 6, then break my fast with celery juice then a meal. is it healthy to do this daily?

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
@JimmyO Hi! Many people will incorporate different variations of omad along with their routines. I had my own success by following the routine I talk about in this article https://omaddiet.com/one-meal-a-day-diet/. Sometimes, it comes down with what works for you and what your results are. As far as daily intakes, I always recommend getting at least 1200 calories in your daily meal.

Hi @JimmyO, Nice to hear that you are doing so well.
I just joined forum and found your post. I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum. I would like to have open conversations about OMAD, dry fasting, water, urine fasting and of course the holly grail of all of this: breatherian life stile. Not sure that last one is possible, but hoping that there is path to it.

I'm on dry OMAD for 1.5 year.. Obviously, for me it is a life stile not a diet anymore. On 1 year mark of my dry OMAD I switched from drinking my fluids to eating my fluids (fruits and veggies). I don't drink water any longer.
Of course all of this is self experimentation so, can't say how healthy or not healthy it is. One thing I can say is that I never push anything on myself. Everything what happen comes to me naturally.
Big benefits that I see are: steady energy whole day, clear fresh thinking, no commas after lunch anymore :). Feels great! I don't see any ill effect of this life stile so far. But, not sure what are long term implications.

In concern with dry fasting, my record is very short: 40 hours. :( I love dry fasting. Such a freedom, but very tough on a body.

I'm close to 60 years old. I had a couple of long fasts 10 and 20 days in a past. But, I'm is having hard time fitting long fast into my schedule now. With work schedule and physically active life stile, it is hard to fit in long fast. In my opinion long fast should be restful.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I hope to learn from you.

40 Hours is still impressive! I've actually thought about dry fasting with omad in the past, but I could never do it. I can imagine it is very tough as you mentioned on the body. But, it does seem like that you have gotten some great results from it.

I have not tried dry fasting, and since I have heart failure, I don’t think that this would be a feasible option for me. Drinking too much is not good either, and in the summer, I lose more through perspiration than I would in the winter, so I could get by with drinking less during colder weather.

Aside from not gaining water weight, I don’t see how dry fasting helps, and we are always told that we should consume more water when fasting (or anytime actually) so that our body can filter out toxins properly.
I usually don’t drink as much as the recommended 8 glasses each day, but I do try to drink something when I can feel that my mouth feels dry.

Since you are getting most of your liquids from fruits and vegetables, it sounds like you are having a very healthy lifestyle, as far as the foods that you are eating. When we have things like cucumbers and juicy fruits, then we would naturally need as much water to drink, and it is my thought that the juice from the fresh fruit would be a much more pure form of water since it has been filtered by the fruit as it matures.
I remember reading that we could substitute coconut water, and it would be giving us most of the nutrients that we need, and it is more pure than most drinking waters are.